Hope this helps.... this was last update from Sep 3rd, I received from DIAC last week.

The following is provided as a general answer to this enquiry.

The ENS and RSMS processing network is currently allocating applications to case officers for assessment as per the following table:

Parramatta Processing Centre - ENS cases which were received on 11 April 2012

Parramatta Processing Centre - RSMS cases which were received on 26 March 2012

Melbourne Processing Centre - ENS cases which were received on 2 December 2011.

Melbourne Processing Centre - RSMS cases which were received on 16 December 2011.

The Perth Processing Centre - ENS cases which were received on 21 May 2012.

The Perth Processing Centre RSMS cases which were received on 27 January 2012.

where do you get this info?

this is usually on their Auto Response email. You will receive this when you send them an email. According to last week, Parramatta is now processing applications received as of May 16th.

I spoke with the DIAC today on the 131 number. The details given above are for the standard application i.e. lodged by a 'normal' person and not a Migration Consultant/Agent (MA).

I spoke with them and the timescales for my application which is a 186 ENS prepared and submitted by the MA and as DRC, with the Employee Nomination and the Application lodged.

At the moment when submitted online both by MA and a normal person its taking 4-6 weeks for the application to be 'picked' up in the process. At this point once 'picked up' an Acknowledgement Letter is sent out confirming the application has been lodged. At this point if its via a MA and DRC its treated differently then a normal application. A Case Officer (CO) is normally assigned within 10 days. The CO then apparently has 2 weeks in which to make a decision.

Is this everyone else's experience when using a MA with a DRC application?

Thanks

FlappyC

Hey, we are on the same boat. I received my visa app acknowledgement 3 weeks ago as well without CO details. As per the ack letter, my application is with Team 05 but still awaiting for allocation. I called DIAC last week and asked when will it be allocated but they just told me the standard response (5-7 months).

Oh ok, thanks for that. When was your Nomination lodged?. My nomination was lodged in March and took 5 months to get approval. So, I lodged my application in Aug and its been almost 3 months now.

I spoke with the DIAC today on the 131 number. The details given above are for the standard application i.e. lodged by a 'normal' person and not a Migration Consultant/Agent (MA).

I spoke with them and the timescales for my application which is a 186 ENS prepared and submitted by the MA and as DRC, with the Employee Nomination and the Application lodged.

At the moment when submitted online both by MA and a normal person its taking 4-6 weeks for the application to be 'picked' up in the process. At this point once 'picked up' an Acknowledgement Letter is sent out confirming the application has been lodged. At this point if its via a MA and DRC its treated differently then a normal application. A Case Officer (CO) is normally assigned within 10 days. The CO then apparently has 2 weeks in which to make a decision.

Thanks

FlappyC

Yeah, my posts were all about Non - Drc applications. DRC ones are currently taking 8 -12 weeks I guess to get final decision.

Guest amstella

Thanks

FlappyC

I lodged a Decision Ready 186 nomination and application at the Melbourne processing centre on the 30th and 31st Aug respectively. I received Acknowledgement letters on the 31/8 and 13/9 respectively. I've heard absolutely nothing since then.

I lodged a Decision Ready 186 nomination and application at the Melbourne processing centre on the 30th and 31st Aug respectively. I received Acknowledgement letters on the 31/8 and 13/9 respectively. I've heard absolutely nothing since then.

Are you using an MA or doing it yourself? When I spoke to the DIAC they did mention when you receive the acknowledgement letter/email that it might be worth giving them a call to get an idea of timescales. Why did you submit on two different dates?

Guest amstella
Are you using an MA or doing it yourself? When I spoke to the DIAC they did mention when you receive the acknowledgement letter/email that it might be worth giving them a call to get an idea of timescales. Why did you submit on two different dates?

I did it through an MA. The migration agent did it that way.. so I'm guessing it doesn't matter if it's a day out. They wont even pick up your application until you've had your nomination approved anyway.

Guest Luca kl

Thanks

FlappyC

Hi Flappy,

I submitted a 186 ENS using MA, Decision Ready type together with approved nomination.Dates as follows:

online application : 30-July-2012

akn letter received : 11- sep-2012 ( errors for dependent passport number and names omitted in summary

Looks like I am over the 10 days you were told....The MA is unable to give me any indication how Parramatta is treating the DRC applications or how long it will take to get a CO.

I do not trust the dates published by others which are an auto-reply from processing center. These dates were the same yesterday as on 3rd september.

Cheers,

Luca

Guest Luca kl
where do you get this info?

I received same information yesterday as auto-reply. Hard to believe status is same on 25-oct as it was on 3-sep

Guest Luca kl
Both Nomination and Application submitted together as DRC on the 28th of July. TRN number not yet activated to go for the medicals. SO waiting.......

I knew that medical does not required TRN, I did my medicals two times without TRN for 457/121 and 186 visa. Medical is also included in a DRC checklist...How did you submit a DRC without it?

Guest Luca kl
is there anyone got his visa granted recently???

I've heard nothing about mine.......................................

I guess all should read the latest update, especially for DRV applications.

Post 1 July 2012 Applications

Due to the large volume of applications lodged before 1 July 2012 our current allocation of

e-lodged cases is limited.

At the moment our system is not readily identifying applications declared as “Decision Ready” by a registered migration agent. As an interim measure we suggest that you send an email to the relevant processing office mailbox advising that the application is decision ready with the TRN number highlighted in the subject line. Please ensure that the application is decision ready.

E-LODGED APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES

We are currently experiencing delays issuing acknowledgement letters and bridging visas for applications lodged online. This is the result of a system limitation which requires the manual entry of the details of each application in our system. Please note that this also affects the time taken for your application to appear in VEVO.

When you complete an application on-line you will receive a Transmission Record Number (TRN) and confirmation of payment (where applicable). Please consider this as evidence that your application was successfully lodged.

The timeframes for acknowledgement letters, bridging visas and entry into VEVO are:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Processing Centre

[/TD]

[TD]Nominations

[/TD]

[TD]Visas

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Parramatta

[/TD]

[TD]3 weeks

[/TD]

[TD]7 weeks

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Melbourne

[/TD]

[TD]3 weeks

[/TD]

[TD]3 weeks

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Perth

[/TD]

[TD]1 week

[/TD]

[TD]1 week

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

If your visa is ceasing within twenty one (21) days of lodging your application (7 days for Perth) explain this in the body of the email and include the word URGENT in the subject line.

System Upgrade – 23 November 2012

A system upgrade is scheduled for 23 November which will automate the processing of acknowledgement letters, bridging visas and the entry of applications into VEVO.

Any application lodged after close of business 26 October will be held over to be automatically processed on 23 November 2012. If your current visa will cease during this period you should explain this in the body of the email and include the word URGENT in the subject line.

PROCESSING TIMEFRAMES

Once your application is allocated to a case officer they will attempt to conduct their assessment in the following working week. If a decision cannot be made quickly they will write to you and provide their contact details.

Please refrain from making general “status” enquiries to the case officers, especially where your application is within service standards.

There are a range of factors that can impact the processing time of an application, including:

- whether the application was complete at time of lodgement;

- how quickly you respond to requests to provide documentation;

- complications obtaining health clearances;

- if police checks haven’t been completed they may take significant time to obtain; and

- checks with third parties to verify claims made in an application.

The Department’s published service standards for the processing of ENS/RSMS applications can be found at: http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm

( 6 months for ENS 186)

While we attempt to finalise all applications as soon as possible, the service standards acknowledge that 25% of cases will be finalised outside of these time frames.

Guest Luca kl
Hi Flappy,

I submitted a 186 ENS using MA, Decision Ready type together with approved nomination.Dates as follows:

online application : 30-July-2012

akn letter received : 11- sep-2012 ( errors for dependent passport number and names omitted in summary

Post 1 July 2012 Applications

Due to the large volume of applications lodged before 1 July 2012 our current allocation of

e-lodged cases is limited.

At the moment our system is not readily identifying applications declared as “Decision Ready” by a registered migration agent. As an interim measure we suggest that you send an email to the relevant processing office mailbox advising that the application is decision ready with the TRN number highlighted in the subject line. Please ensure that the application is decision ready.

hi guys good news today received the actknowlagement letter for my visa. anyone know how long will it take to alocate a case offericer

thanks

my details below

Applied for nomination ;6 th sep

Approved ; 5 th oct

Visa ; 186 direct entry

Applied for visa : 5 th oct

Acknow letter : 5 th nov

visa approv letter : waiting

Guest geogoann

Hi,

I applied ENS 186 DR through a MA to Parametta office

Applied for both Nomination and application on 23/08

got the acknowledgement of your visa application on the 29/10.

no case officer assigned yet.

the agent expects that my visa application will take at least 2 more months.

I will update as soon as I hear more.

Guest Luca kl
It is very clear

Onshore - Medicals / PCC needs to be lodged at the time of the application (upfront)

Offshore - Proof of having applied for PCC can suffice until further requested.

If you have your TRN from the nomination stage you can proceed to apply for the medicals, similar to what happens for your 457.

I applied almost 2 years ago for 457 and completed offshore both medicals ( Form 80 and 160...if I remember correctly), even 457 required only one of them only and the other was for ENS for which I did not apply at that time.

My MA advised me to insist to get both medicals even if I did not have a TRN number for the ENS. Not all panel doctors were willing to do it as long as the results for ENS could not be attached on-line but nothing stops them either to complete the medical. I managed to complete both exams and results were sent to DIAC, without TRN...

Guest Luca kl
Direct entry DRc application of 121 lodged on the 27th of July. Acknowledgement in early Sept I think. We know we have a CO as he has asked for an amended contract. No idea how much longer.

Is your nomination approved?

Guest Luca kl
Direct entry DRc application of 121 lodged on the 27th of July. Acknowledgement in early Sept I think. We know we have a CO as he has asked for an amended contract. No idea how much longer.

These are great news. Keep us posted.

Is there a specific reason for the amended contract? i.e. They want to see that you have a contract tying you in for the next 2 years?

Thanks