11 hours ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Hello Guys,

Can we make a complain regarding 186/187 visa delay processing? As they are taking years now to even allot the case officers.

We are high tax payers they should consider us.

Sorry to say bro your thought reached in a shape where you are considering it’s negative outcome or do not beyond the reality check. You are high tax payer doesn’t mean you will be taken express entry in terms of processing. Try yourself involve into social activity rather than thinking too much. A bunch of people waiting for over 12/14 months and still keeping patience. Relax man. You will be called when your turn.

Edited by KazBaker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenny1985 said:

Anyone experience of visa being granted when medicals are over 1yr old? 

Yep - this does happen. It's completely up to the CO, on that call.

- I've heard many times that the considerate ones, would allow for 1-3 month of expiry, however, some others (or any that are trying to fill their quota) might request a new one at any stage of expiration. 

Edited by Hex
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Hello Guys,

Can we make a complain regarding 186/187 visa delay processing? As they are taking years now to even allot the case officers.

We are high tax payers they should consider us.

@Kashif.Iqbal

Unfortunately, you have no ground to stand on - you are welcome to call and try make a complaint, however, I am still to see anyone have a successful / any positive outcome.
- Remember a big portion of the TAX you do pay is claimable, being that you are not yet on PR, so it works both ways. 

Be patient, your time is coming. 🍾

Hello Guys,

My employer has submitted my nomination for ENS 186 TRT stream yesterday and today I have been trying to submit my ens 186 visa application online but on the last page, the immi online keeps giving me the error message as.

"The associated nomination details provided cannot be verified. The applicant will not be able to continue until the employer nomination has been submitted. Check the nomination details with the employer and amend if necessary. If the associated nomination has been submitted since starting this visa application, save this form and use the 'Go to my account' button and reopen the application from the list of applications. Click through each page of the form to ensure the associated nomination can be verified. For further information or assistance, contact the department."

Can anyone help me what is this error and why it,s popping up?

14 hours ago, Shawn said:

Hi maria8999,

i’m a customer service manager still waiting from june 2017.my application is in further assessment since may 2018.how is your company turnover mine is 6million.

Thanks

Since May?? Thats insane. We cant have to wait much longer. (

Turnover is currently negative, but we have funds in crypto. It's very complicated. 

9 hours ago, Uman said:

Hello Guys,

My employer has submitted my nomination for ENS 186 TRT stream yesterday and today I have been trying to submit my ens 186 visa application online but on the last page, the immi online keeps giving me the error message as.

"The associated nomination details provided cannot be verified. The applicant will not be able to continue until the employer nomination has been submitted. Check the nomination details with the employer and amend if necessary. If the associated nomination has been submitted since starting this visa application, save this form and use the 'Go to my account' button and reopen the application from the list of applications. Click through each page of the form to ensure the associated nomination can be verified. For further information or assistance, contact the department."

Can anyone help me what is this error and why it,s popping up?

please take help from a good MA, dont take any risk, Its all worth paying when u see ur visa has been granted

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hex said:

@Kashif.Iqbal

Unfortunately, you have no ground to stand on - you are welcome to call and try make a complaint, however, I am still to see anyone have a successful / any positive outcome.
 - Remember a big portion of the TAX you do pay is claimable, being that you are not yet on PR, so it works both ways. 

Be patient, your time is coming. 🍾

Hi Hex,

Please could you let me know what are the majority parts of tax claim that a 457 visa holder can claim?  I am a bit keen to know because for last 2 years, each year I only claimed back a few hundred dollars out of 30K+ tax paid each year,  Is this a normal number?  I have a feeling that I might have lost a great deal of money.  😞

4 minutes ago, Aron said:

Hi Hex,

Please could you let me know what are the majority parts of tax claim that a 457 visa holder can claim?  I am a bit keen to know because for last 2 years, each year I only claimed back a few hundred dollars out of 30K+ tax paid each year,  Is this a normal number?  I have a feeling that I might have lost a great deal of money.  😞

Hi Aron

If you are on a 457 you would be able to claim all your tax back on medicare levy as well as a few other items. 

Unfortunately, I am not an accountant - nor would like to give our incorrect financial advice, hence, I would suggest you contact someone that could assist with this. 

What I can tell you is that, when I was on a 457 (and many others I know), your tax return should be significant (much more than a couple hundred $). 

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Hi Aron

If you are on a 457 you would be able to claim all your tax back on medicare levy as well as a few other items. 

Unfortunately, I am not an accountant - nor would like to give our incorrect financial advice, hence, I would suggest you contact someone that could assist with this. 

What I can tell you is that, when I was on a 457 (and many others I know), your tax return should be significant (much more than a couple hundred $). 

I think it depends on if you have private health insurance. 
Im from the UK so get full reciprocal healthcare and under 30, so I never got private.  

Just now, Hex said:

Hi Aron

Hi Hex, thanks.  yes medicare levy is the only difference that I know, and I know nothing else that is particularly different in terms of tax refund for a 457 visa holder compared with a PR/citizenship.

1 minute ago, maria8999 said:

Im from the UK so get full reciprocal healthcare and under 30, so I never got private.  

Yes I do have private health insurance (Iman/NIB). However I asked them and they clearly stated that visitor health insurance for 457 visa holder is not eligible for tax refund purpose.

2 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

If you are on a 457, as far as I know - this is a legal requirement. (to have private medical) 

9 minutes ago, Aron said:

Hi Hex,

You can claim Medicare levy because on 457 we don’t have Medicare card , but only until the time you apply for permanent residency, once you have applied for PR, you can’t claim Medicare levy , because only on the basis of PR application you can have a Medicare card !

Just now, Hex said:

If you are on a 457, as far as I know - this is a legal requirement. (to have private medical) 

Hi Hex this is indeed true, this is a legal requirement to have private medical.

I saw many articles(even my own MA) says that you can cancel your private health insurance once you have received your medicare card.  So I was going to cancel it but before I did that I sent an inquiry to 457 VISA case officer and they replied in email that I cannot cancel my private health insurance even I got my medicare card, otherwise I will break my visa condition.

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Not for UK folks. I have a Medicare card and get same rights as PR. 

'Visitors from the United Kingdom, Sweden, the Netherlands, Finland, Norway, Malta, Italy, Belgium, Slovenia, the Republic of Ireland and New Zealand may not need to purchase health insurance in Australia.If you are from one of these areas and hold an insurance policy from your home country, you may qualify for access to Medicare.'

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aron said:

Hi Hex this is indeed true, this is a legal requirement to have private medical.

I saw many articles(even my own MA) says that you can cancel your private health insurance once you have received your medicare card.  So I was going to cancel it but before I did that I sent an inquiry to 457 VISA case officer and they replied in email that I cannot cancel my private health insurance even I got my medicare card, otherwise I will break my visa condition.

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

Hey Guys, 

Not exactly true. I applied for 457 with a partner from Spain, I am Irish, and she had to get private health care, I didn't as Ireland has a Recip. Health agreement. See below link

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/reciprocal-health-care-agreements/visitors-australia/medical-care-visitors-australia#a1

4 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

Not for UK folks. I have a Medicare card and get same rights as PR. 

'Visitors from the United Kingdom, Sweden, the Netherlands, Finland, Norway, Malta, Italy, Belgium, Slovenia, the Republic of Ireland and New Zealand may not need to purchase health insurance in Australia.If you are from one of these areas and hold an insurance policy from your home country, you may qualify for access to Medicare.'

Correct - UK is murural medicals 🙂 

It's country specific - sorry, I should have been a little more thorough with my answer. It's for countries that don't have reciprocal medical / government benefits.  

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey Guys, 

Not exactly true. I applied for 457 with a partner from Spain, I am Irish, and she had to get private health care, I didn't as Ireland has a Recip. Health agreement. See below link

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/reciprocal-health-care-agreements/visitors-australia/medical-care-visitors-australia#a1

Hi SBROWNE, 

I am not from those countries so rules might be different.

For me, I maintained my private health insurance. After I submitted 186, I applied and received my medicare card. Then I sent a mail to 457 (now TSS) visa case officers and they replied me that I must still maintain my private health insurance even I have received medicare card otherwise I will break my VISA condition.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, maria8999 said:

If my 457 expires- I am no longer on a substantive visa. I have been told this means I cannot apply for another visa after 2nd March when bridging visa kicks in- should the nomination be rejected after this date.

As my occupation is high risk, and business small with neg turnover, its not a sure yes. I have been waiting 19 months now and was sure I would have heard by now. 

I have been with my aussie parter 3 years now and is a more certain option, and so its been suggested to apply for this one before 2nd march, or risk it and wait for PR outcome. Tough decisions. 

Hope this makes sense. If my agent is wrong,  I would love to hear it! 

Hey @maria8999

Just going back to this, I'm not 100% sure, but my understanding is you would be perfectly fine to wait out a decision on your 186 visa, if refused, then applying for the Partner visa. The immi website says:

"No substantive visa and have had a refused or cancelled visa

There are a limited number of visas you can apply for if you don't hold a substantive visa and:

• you were refused a visa, other than a Bridging visa or refused on character grounds, on or after 1 September 1994 and since last entering Australia
    or
  • you were refused an entry permit and became an illegal entrant before 1 September 1994 and have not subsequently left Australia
    or
  • you have a visa that was cancelled on or after 1 September 1994

The visas you can apply for are:

• Partner (temporary) and Partner (temporary) if, since last entering Australia, you have not been refused a Partner (residence) visa
  • Partner (residence)"

See link to source below:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/entering-australia/can-i-go-to-australia/check-if-visa-cancellation-or-refusal-affects-you

Again, would love to hear anyone else's opinion on this! 

Edited by sbrowne9

1 minute ago, sbrowne9 said:

Hey @maria8999

Just going back to this, I'm not 100% sure, but my understanding is you would be perfectly fine to wait out a decision on your 186 visa, if refused, then applying for the Partner visa. The immi website says:

"No substantive visa and have had a refused or cancelled visa

There are a limited number of visas you can apply for if you don't hold a substantive visa and:

• you were refused a visa, other than a Bridging visa or refused on character grounds, on or after 1 September 1994 and since last entering Australia
    or
  • you were refused an entry permit and became an illegal entrant before 1 September 1994 and have not subsequently left Australia
    or
  • you have a visa that was cancelled on or after 1 September 1994

The visas you can apply for are:

• Partner (temporary) and Partner (temporary) if, since last entering Australia, you have not been refused a Partner (residence) visa"

See link to source below:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/entering-australia/can-i-go-to-australia/check-if-visa-cancellation-or-refusal-affects-you

Again, would love to hear anyone else's opinion on this! 

Oooh awseome. Really appreciate this. Ill look into it and pass to my MA to discuss. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sbrowne9 said:

Great! I for one would love to hear what they say as I'm in a similar predicament!

Ok I sent an email. Will let you know what I hear back. 

From what I have read it might be an option (possibly bridging visa C). Its all v confusing though, and stressful, what if I miss some smallprint 🤪

31 minutes ago, maria8999 said:

Oooh awseome. Really appreciate this. Ill look into it and pass to my MA to discuss. 

This is True, as you have applied for 186 your bridging Visa will kick in once your 457 expires.

A bridging visa is a substantive visa - however say if your 186 nomination is refused - you have 28 days to comment or withdraw your 186 application.  If you want to withdraw it is recommended to do so on the 28th day - you then have 35 days from the date of withdrawal to either re-submit or apply for another visa (in your case partner visa) HOWEVER you will then be on a bridging visa C - which has a no travel condition.

Your MA is probably recommending to apply for Partner before 457 expires otherwise you will be a prisoner (cannot leave Australia) until Visa granted which I have heard Partner can take up to 2 years 😞 

1 minute ago, sydneyishuk said:

This is True, as you have applied for 186 your bridging Visa will kick in once your 457 expires.

A bridging visa is a substantive visa - however say if your 186 nomination is refused - you have 28 days to comment or withdraw your 186 application.  If you want to withdraw it is recommended to do so on the 28th day - you then have 35 days from the date of withdrawal to either re-submit or apply for another visa (in your case partner visa) HOWEVER you will then be on a bridging visa C - which has a no travel condition.

Your MA is probably recommending to apply for Partner before 457 expires otherwise you will be a prisoner (cannot leave Australia) until Visa granted which I have heard Partner can take up to 2 years 😞 

Thanks for all the info guys! Hopefully, she confirms this. As long as I can work I don't mind being a prisoner. We are saving for a house so no holidays might help me in this department 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aron said:

Hi Hex,

Hi Aron,

The only thing you can claim back on a 457 (that you can't otherwise) is your medicare levy. Even that, you can only do if you have not applied for and received a temporary medicare card (which you are eligible for if you have applied for a PR).