Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Benoit said:

I have to admit that I also bought a bottle of Champagne last night... Just to test @Bellabonkers 's theory!  😄 

 

How much it cost you to buy the champagne? I missed buying it in the past. It is an over due now. I want to but it now.


PR applied: 09/11/2017, PR Granted 21/09/2018, citizenship applied: 26/09/2019, Citizenship Approved 07/01/2020, Ceremony date received 11/02/2020, Ceremony 04/03/2020

  “Australian Citizen”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KazBaker said:

How much it cost you to buy the champagne? I missed buying it in the past. It is an over due now. I want to but it now.

Haha!

Any price you like love. I went for the most expensive bottle int the store but i am in a very small town so this was $120. In Sydney you could buy bottles over $1000!

ANY Champagne... or anything you would use to celebrate...

Why, whats next for you? Kids? Get the champagne on ice already!!!1

  • Haha 1

Occupation: Hairdresser
Visa type: 186 ENS DE Onshore
Country risk: UK Low 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
Occupation list: STOL
Nomination lodged: 20/4/17 APPROVED 29/11/18 
Visa lodged: 07/5/17  Further Medical and AFP requested as previous ones had expired 3/12/18 
Further docs submitted 14/12/18 APPROVED 31/12/18

IMMI Status: FINALISED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some partial good news...

Nomination has been approved on 22 December 2018 while we were on holiday!!

Hopefully we close getting the GOLDEN email, as I read this forum I presume the Nomination is the big one to get through, hope it is true. :-)

It seems that the Accountant Occupation has been struggling lately with high points (80-85) on the 189 to get nominated, getting this far with a nomination approved seems positive.

  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 5

Occupation: Accountant
State: NSW
Birth Country: South Africa
Stream: 457 - 186 DE
Number of applicants: 3
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  21 Feb 2018

Nomination Approved:  22 Dec 2018
Application Approved: 7 Feb 2019
IMMI Status: Finalized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shaun_R said:

Some partial good news...

Nomination has been approved on 22 December 2018 while we were on holiday!!

Hopefully we close getting the GOLDEN email, as I read this forum I presume the Nomination is the big one to get through, hope it is true. 🙂

It seems that the Accountant Occupation has been struggling lately with high points (80-85) on the 189 to get nominated, getting this far with a nomination approved seems positive.

ABSOLUTELY!

I firmly believe that 90% of your visa is approved once you get that nomination part over with- the rest is protocol and a walk in the park.

Judging from your timeline you may not even be requested further documentation!

Have you filled in form 80?

I did it JUST to be safe! 

YOUR GOLDEN EMAIL AWAITS (buy a bottle of champagne 😁

 

Edited by Bellabonkers
  • Like 2

Occupation: Hairdresser
Visa type: 186 ENS DE Onshore
Country risk: UK Low 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
Occupation list: STOL
Nomination lodged: 20/4/17 APPROVED 29/11/18 
Visa lodged: 07/5/17  Further Medical and AFP requested as previous ones had expired 3/12/18 
Further docs submitted 14/12/18 APPROVED 31/12/18

IMMI Status: FINALISED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Rakhush I'm curious how you know this? As, if the IELTS is expired - they have all right to request a new one. 

@SAJ.N The IELTS is valid for 3 years from receipt - if it expires, the CO is entitled to request you to retake the exam, however, it is unlikely. 

- It all comes down to if you're willing to possibly extend your wait
-- If you wait and they do request one, it adds time to your application process
-- If you proactive and complete a new exam in preparation of a possible request, there would be no impact on processing time, as the exam will be valid  

I have not seen anyone on this forum at least being asked for a new IELTS. Mine is expired too but it is fine as long as it is not older than 3 years at the moment of submitting your application.

 

anyway it would not really make sense to request this. I dont think someone’s english gets worse the longer they stay here..

  • Like 1

Occupation: Restaurant Manager
State: NSW
Birth Country: LR
Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 2
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  03/08/2017
IMMI Status: Nomination refused 23/05/2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

ABSOLUTELY!

I firmly believe that 90% of your visa is approved once you get that nomination part over with- the rest is protocol and a walk in the park.

Judging from your timeline you may not even be requested further documentation!

Have you filled in form 80?

I did it JUST to be safe! 

YOUR GOLDEN EMAIL AWAITS (buy a bottle of champagne 😁

 

DAMN hope so! 😀

All forms in...just a waiting game now. 

Our Police Clearance expires on 7 Feb so they better get it done before then!!! 😋

  • Like 1

Occupation: Accountant
State: NSW
Birth Country: South Africa
Stream: 457 - 186 DE
Number of applicants: 3
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  21 Feb 2018

Nomination Approved:  22 Dec 2018
Application Approved: 7 Feb 2019
IMMI Status: Finalized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2018 at 09:04, Sickofqueues said:

Not a copy writer, but a technical writer (different ANZCO). Also applied in Feb 2018.

Hey, somehow only just saw your reply! Keep us posted. Good luck 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/01/2019 at 11:46, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Guys, i would like to discuss something with all of you.

Please give you opinion.

Since i lodge my VISA application for 186 TRN, i am so much worried for my permanent residency.

i am really crying at the moment, please tell me what should i do, i am thinking to consult with a psychiatric.

WHY IMMIGRATION TAKING SO MUCH TIME FOR GIVING THE PERMANENT RESIDENCY DECISION, WHY THEY ARE RUINING OUR LIFEEEEEEEEEE

WE ARE NORMAL HUMAN BEING, WE WANT TO LIVE HAPPILY HERE, PLEASE GIVE US RESIDENCY WHY THEY TAKING YEAR TO GIVE DECISION.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  

I AM CRYING, DEAR GOD PLEASE GIVE ME DESIDENCYYYYYYYYYYYYYY PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

@Kashif.IqbalI can completely understand what you going through and i am pretty sure most of our forum members can connect with you but my friend, we all try to find a solution to get out of this instead worrying too much of outcome which is not in our hands because you can only do so much once you have submitted application i sincerely suggest just forget about it and even forget about outcome.

infact you and me are in same ship because in november 18 i was in your situation i was too much worried got in to depression and anxiety i went to see doctor, obviously  doctor suggested that not to worry about it and gave some depression tablets to tell you truth after i took tablets i was like WTF???? i was like nahh man.. i got to do something so below are the things i did which helped me and still going strong.

1) I came to understand once i submitted documents, i simply "MUST" wait till i get reply from immi.

2) i am completely prepared for worst outcome (Rejection) (FYI - i am in Australia since 10yrs)

3) I have stopped worrying about people back at home,friends,family who have expectations that i would be successful/settle in Australia, because end of the day it is my life i do not need to worry about other people expectations because it's simply an unwanted burden i'll be carrying.

4) i have joined in new gym , practicing meditation.

5) i have started to socialize more than i used to , meeting new people ( check out MEETUP APP)

6) well this one most of our forum friends wont agree  but i stopped visiting this forum too once in a week or 2. (that's another reason i am replying to you so late)

7) i am living in the "PRESENT MOMENT"  remember not yesterday not tomorrow not today in afternoon " just now in present"  whether am i happy or not that's all it matters.

Overall i am doing what ever i can to live my life instead of thinking or worrying about visa outcome and more over

i came to understand this P.R is just one small tiny part of my life (even though i spent 10years of my life in australia ) i got my whole life infront of me , with the life experience i had in Australia i have learned to be resilient in difficult situation which i am pretty sure more to come in my life.

Bro. just don't worry anymore LIVE YOUR LIFE- ENJOY EVERY MOMENT - LAUGH OUT LOUD - JUST BE THERE.

 

 

Edited by W4V
  • Like 4

Occupation : Accountant

Visa Type : 186/187 (TRT)

Applied: March 2018

Grant Notification: 30/1/2019

Immi Status: FINALIZED

Hope Everything goes well for Every one.. All the Best

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hex My MA is in today, and he did receive attachments to the letter. The Department is requesting for new home country police checks for Hubby and I. And I guess when those are done/uploaded my MA will "click" on the button I mentioned yesterday. 

 

  • Congratulations 1

Current status - Permanent Resident

Citizenship Application: 30/Jan/2020

Invitation: TBA

Test Date: TBA

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Melbourne City Council


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaun_R said:

Some partial good news...

Nomination has been approved on 22 December 2018 while we were on holiday!!

Hopefully we close getting the GOLDEN email, as I read this forum I presume the Nomination is the big one to get through, hope it is true. 🙂

It seems that the Accountant Occupation has been struggling lately with high points (80-85) on the 189 to get nominated, getting this far with a nomination approved seems positive.

Hi Shaun,

I also lodged under accountant category on 12 Feb 2018. How did you know that nomination was approved? i cant see any such thing when i import my application to my immi account.

Occupation: Accountant
State: NSW
Birth Country: India
Stream: 457 - 186 DE
Number of applicants: 3
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  12 Feb 2018

Nomination Approved:  Dont know - can someone help
IMMI Status: Received

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nora said:

@Hex My MA is in today, and he did receive attachments to the letter. The Department is requesting for new home country police checks for Hubby and I. And I guess when those are done/uploaded my MA will "click" on the button I mentioned yesterday. 

 

@Nora That's great news - I knew there had to be more to it! Glad it's as simply as PCC. 

From personal experience, they'll revisit your application (with the uploaded PCC's) within a month and 2 weeks (this happened twice with me). So get them done 🙂 

Good things are coming your way! Holding thumbs.

  • Thanks 1

Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Invitation: TBC
Test Date: TBC
Approval: TBC
Ceremony: TBC

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mayur said:

Hi Shaun,

I also lodged under accountant category on 12 Feb 2018. How did you know that nomination was approved? i cant see any such thing when i import my application to my immi account.

Occupation: Accountant
State: NSW
Birth Country: India
Stream: 457 - 186 DE
Number of applicants: 3
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  12 Feb 2018

Nomination Approved:  Dont know - can someone help
IMMI Status: Received

The only way to know if your nomination has been approved is to ask your employer. This is a "contract" between the company and the immigration department, that's why you have no way to see the outcome of this. If your company used a MA, just ask them. there is no other way. 

  • Like 1

 

Occupation: Developer Programmer
State: VIC
Birth Country: France

Stream: Temporary Resident  Visa - ENS 186 TRT
Number of applicants: 1 Primary(Myself) and 1 secondary applicant (Wife)
Nomination lodged:  Oct  2017

Nomination approved: Feb 2018
Application lodged: 15th March 2018
IMMI Status: Finalised (17th of Jan 2019)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mayur said:

Hi Shaun,

I also lodged under accountant category on 12 Feb 2018. How did you know that nomination was approved? i cant see any such thing when i import my application to my immi account.

Occupation: Accountant
State: NSW
Birth Country: India
Stream: 457 - 186 DE
Number of applicants: 3
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:  12 Feb 2018

Nomination Approved:  Dont know - can someone help
IMMI Status: Received

@Mayur
You can't view your nomination - this is an application on behalf of the company.

The only way you can see this is;

- To check with the MA (if your company is using one)
- If you have the company nomination TRN (which is unlikely) - then you could import their application as well to keep an eye on the progress

These are 2 completely separate applications;

- Nomination: Is the company nomination application that they provide (to sponsor you). This will contain sensitive company information (financials etc.).
- You visa application (dependant on the nomination being approved): Once the nomination is approved (the company is allowed to sponsor you), a CO will open your visa and process it.

Hope that helps.

  • Like 1

Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Invitation: TBC
Test Date: TBC
Approval: TBC
Ceremony: TBC

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Mayur
You can't view your nomination - this is an application on behalf of the company.

The only way you can see this is;

- To check with the MA (if your company is using one)
- If you have the company nomination TRN (which is unlikely) - then you could import their application as well to keep an eye on the progress

These are 2 completely separate applications;

- Nomination: Is the company nomination application that they provide (to sponsor you). This will contain sensitive company information (financials etc.).
- You visa application (dependant on the nomination being approved): Once the nomination is approved (the company is allowed to sponsor you), a CO will open your visa and process it.

Hope that helps.

Thank you Hex. That helps. 

So someone previously mentioned rightly that High risk country does play role in visa processing.

If Shaun is also under same occupation and lodged after me, still his visa got processed early. Just an observation.

Hope for best. All the best Shaun 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys,

Just check with MA and similar to Shaun, my nomination also got approved on 22 December. Just confirmed with MA.

but my PCC have expired. How soon can i expect request for further documentation or golden email? 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaun_R said:

DAMN hope so! 😀

All forms in...just a waiting game now. 

Our Police Clearance expires on 7 Feb so they better get it done before then!!! 😋

Just clarified with MA and we dont need to get home country PCC if we have not stayed more than 2 months in total since PCC is expired. Aus PCC is still required if expired but shall wait for immi to request for it. Hope for best.

  • Congratulations 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mayur said:

Hi Guys,

Just check with MA and similar to Shaun, my nomination also got approved on 22 December. Just confirmed with MA.

but my PCC have expired. How soon can i expect request for further documentation or golden email? 🙂

If they haven't yet requested any documentation / updated files then it's likely that they have not yet viewed your visa. 

Regardless, I would suspect your visa to get picked up within the next week or two (at best) - from there and depending on the files attached, it could be a "request for more / updated documentation" or simply a grant 🙂


Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Invitation: TBC
Test Date: TBC
Approval: TBC
Ceremony: TBC

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mayur said:

Just clarified with MA and we dont need to get home country PCC if we have not stayed more than 2 months in total since PCC is expired. Aus PCC is still required if expired but shall wait for immi to request for it. Hope for best.

Hi @Mayur, congratulations!

Do you have access to your application? Were you able to see that your nomination was approved ?

 

Edited by dschmidt
correct name

Occupation: Software Tester

State: NSW

Birth Country: BR (Brazil)

Direct Entry

Number of applicants: 2

ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied: February 21th 2018

Nomination Approved: 25.01.2019

Visa: GRANTED 31.01.2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dschmidt said:

Hi @Mayur, congratulations!

Do you have access to your application? Were you able to see that your nomination was approved ?

 

@dschmidt As per Mayur's previous post;
- "Just check with MA and similar to Shaun, my nomination also got approved on 22 December. Just confirmed with MA."


Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Invitation: TBC
Test Date: TBC
Approval: TBC
Ceremony: TBC

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hex said:

If they haven't yet requested any documentation / updated files then it's likely that they have not yet viewed your visa. 

Regardless, I would suspect your visa to get picked up within the next week or two (at best) - from there and depending on the files attached, it could be a "request for more / updated documentation" or simply a grant 🙂

Thanks Hex. Hopefully its golden email directly. fingers crossed.

  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dschmidt said:

Hi @Mayur, congratulations!

Do you have access to your application? Were you able to see that your nomination was approved ?

 

Thanks bro. I checked with MA. As Hex mentioned, we cant see that info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

is there a correlation between migration agents and how quickly a visa gets granted??

We submitted (direct entry application 186) on 11.01.18, 2 professional applicants, from low risk country, but still waiting on case offficer to be appointed.

I see other applications from the spreadsheet that have been submitted after ours eg Feb 18 but have already been granted. I understand some professions are in high demand, but the professions in the 186 visa grant spreadsheet aren’t all medical/IT related.

I was wondering if perhaps migration agents have something to do with it eg if they have contacts at Immi to request certain applications are pulled from the pile to be processed quicker than the others.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2018 at 20:53, Siddu said:

Hey guys need suggestion, do we still have to pay private health cover for 457 visa holders even after lodging the ens 186?

got the interim Medicare too,

replies would be appreciated TIA

@Siddu Once you lodge your PR application you immediately qualify for medicare and can apply it the same day all you need to show is evidence of submission of application you will have medical from then going forward on a temporary card which is valid for one year and can be renewed. If you are over 31 or has an existing medical condition you need to keep your private insurance.The reason being anyone who is over 31 and does not have private insurance will attract medical loading provided their income is more than 90K per year effectively you will pay more tax. If you have an existing medical condition it not wise to cancel because should your PR not go through you will have to go through another waiting period when you rejoin. Another thing is the private cover for 457 if different to the cover for people who have medicare . The one for 457 has better benefits .   


Occupation: Accountant
State: VIC
Country: HR ,  Zimbabwe
Stream: 186 DE
Number of applicants: 1
ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied:   Mar 2018

IMMI Status: Finalised May 13 2019

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kerry.19 said:

Hi all

is there a correlation between migration agents and how quickly a visa gets granted??

We submitted (direct entry application 186) on 11.01.18, 2 professional applicants, from low risk country, but still waiting on case offficer to be appointed.

I see other applications from the spreadsheet that have been submitted after ours eg Feb 18 but have already been granted. I understand some professions are in high demand, but the professions in the 186 visa grant spreadsheet aren’t all medical/IT related.

I was wondering if perhaps migration agents have something to do with it eg if they have contacts at Immi to request certain applications are pulled from the pile to be processed quicker than the others.

 

 

Hi @Kerry.19

Using a MA has no impact or correlation to visa processing times, other than the fact that they are meant to help lodge a "decision ready" application. 

Meaning, the only advantage using an agent should have is the reassurance that they know what they doing and can try ensure that once the application is opened / viewed, it's a simple decision from the CO and no back and forth requesting documents that were missing in the lodgement. 

- As many people have found, this is not always the case and many MA's typically forget some items as well (excluding the ones out of their control - medicals etc).

I'm sure many MA's would love direct contacts within immigration, imagine how much additional money they could make (expediting applications 🙂 )


Occupation: Developer Programmer
Birth Country: SA (South Africa)
Stream: 457 > 186 TRT > Citizenship 
Number of applicants: 4 (wife + 2 children: age 1 and 3)
Visa and Nomination applied:  January 9th 2018
Nomination approved: 8th October 2018
Visa Granted: 12 November 2018

IMMI Status: Finalized (granted)

Citizenship application: 1st January 2020 
Invitation: TBC
Test Date: TBC
Approval: TBC
Ceremony: TBC

***Disclaimer***  I'm not a migration agent. When in doubt, seek advice from a professional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hex said:

@dschmidt As per Mayur's previous post;
- "Just check with MA and similar to Shaun, my nomination also got approved on 22 December. Just confirmed with MA."

Hi @Hex,

Thanks for it.

But my question is if he was able to see it on his immi account because he said he had access to the application.


Occupation: Software Tester

State: NSW

Birth Country: BR (Brazil)

Direct Entry

Number of applicants: 2

ENS 186 Visa and Nomination applied: February 21th 2018

Nomination Approved: 25.01.2019

Visa: GRANTED 31.01.2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×