Congratulation mate. Best of luck for your future life ahead.

:notworthy:We got our PR today guys! :chatterbox::arghh:Must say this forum's been amazing!!!

Timeline:

Nom & Visa lodged: 1 Jun 2016

Nom approved & Info requested: 7 Dec 2016

Info submitted: 9 Dec 2016

Visa approved: 16 Jan 2017

Hope you guys get some good news soon!!

Hi all,

Its a bit quiet today... has anyone had any progress on their application?

Nothing come up mate. I don't know when my turn will come. So frustrating to wait now.. come on Immi......

Visa and Nom: 30th June 2016

Transition

HR-2

same here. just waiting desperately and restlessly

Hi Manson,

As a fellow June DE applicant when do you think your residency application will be processed?

Obviously there are no new updates from the Dept and we have no other option but to accept and embrace the wait (I'm not looking to restart a conversation on this) but base purely on a hunch/gut-feel my wife thinks mine will be approved on Valentine's day (which I suspect is a reminder that valentines day is coming) and I don't know why but I think it will be on Feb 22nd.

What about you?

Hi Manson,

As a fellow June DE applicant when do you think your residency application will be processed?

Obviously there are no new updates from the Dept and we have no other option but to accept and embrace the wait (I'm not looking to restart a conversation on this) but base purely on a hunch/gut-feel my wife thinks mine will be approved on Valentine's day (which I suspect is a reminder that valentines day is coming) and I don't know why but I think it will be on Feb 22nd.

What about you?

Hi Richo

i believe your suspect is quite reasonable , LOL

my wife has same vision too, she said pr will be approved before it hits eight months which is fair enough prediction.

on the other hand i have been thinking 457 for a while, you know in case either 186 fail or take much longer, it might not bad idea to turn another way, most important thing for my family is to start life in au . more waiting would hold back our plans, and sometimes plans are no longer plans if the perfect timing pass. for now starting to think about a plan B would helps with anxiety of waiting and gives some sort of hope about life itself.

anyway, we are far away from the worst situation. try to be positive here with family.

cheers, mate

Hi Manson,

What about you?

Hi

Richo

Manson

Gary85

all Of who wait for DE

my MA told me they have one applicant who applied 17 th March got CO allocated by 13 th Jan

may be this information gives some hope to DE applicants

thank you april for sharing

seems the process has been backward to march and april from june and july

they just want to stick with their plan of processing cases between feb and june, cant complaint about it.

Edited by MANSON

Hi Richo

i believe your suspect is quite reasonable , LOL

my wife has same vision too, she said pr will be approved before it hits eight months which is fair enough prediction.

on the other hand i have been thinking 457 for a while, you know in case either 186 fail or take much longer, it might not bad idea to turn another way, most important thing for my family is to start life in au . more waiting would hold back our plans, and sometimes plans are no longer plans if the perfect timing pass. for now starting to think about a plan B would helps with anxiety of waiting and gives some sort of hope about life itself.

anyway, we are far away from the worst situation. try to be positive here with family.

cheers, mate

Hi Manson,

Are you currently in Australia? I came over Australia from the UK on a 457 in 2013. In 2013 was certainly quicker to get over on the 457 than on a 186 however the visa has its downsides e.g. you are dependent on your employer, you don't get medicare unless your country has a reciprocal agreement (the UK does), you don't get state benefits (e.g. child care rebates / free schooling) and it can be harder to get loans/finance as a temporary resident. Depending on your circumstances the downsides of a 457 may not be an issue. If I had my time again I'd have waited and come over on a 186. It takes a little longer but you are in a much better position once you are approved and become a permanent resident.

Fingers crossed we are all getting near the end of our waits! I'm conscious others have been waiting longer but I hoping this doesn't take longer than 8 months.

Richo

Hello everyone,

It's been only one month I applied for my visa (Nomination and Visa application under the the DE but after 20 months working with the 457) and I already can't wait to get my visa. :)

Good luck to everyone :)

Welcome on board Ozdream1 and good luck to you too!

To get the most out of the forum you might want to share a summary of your details on the spreadsheet and on you messages. I've found this helps you find other people in a similar position to you.

Hi Manson,

Are you currently in Australia? I came over Australia from the UK on a 457 in 2013. In 2013 was certainly quicker to get over on the 457 than on a 186 however the visa has its downsides e.g. you are dependent on your employer, you don't get medicare unless your country has a reciprocal agreement (the UK does), you don't get state benefits (e.g. child care rebates / free schooling) and it can be harder to get loans/finance as a temporary resident. Depending on your circumstances the downsides of a 457 may not be an issue. If I had my time again I'd have waited and come over on a 186. It takes a little longer but you are in a much better position once you are approved and become a permanent resident.

Fingers crossed we are all getting near the end of our waits! I'm conscious others have been waiting longer but I hoping this doesn't take longer than 8 months.

Richo

not in au yet, Richo, im aware that both 186 and 457 have their downs and ups, based on what u mentioned here, some of which r new to me thanks btw, 186 seems to be a better choice, hope the waiting could end earlier to us, fingers crossed

Hi All, I have checked my immi account this morning and the status has changed to information requested.

Will speak with MA tomorrow to find out what it is...

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Hi May2016, That sounds like progress to me!