Hey sunny

Just wana informe u that they visited me as well in june/15,

All the application from that company go on hold while the monitoring is done.

They took 5 months to the finalise mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its look like I need to wait another 4 months ... .. I am strong enough to wait now.. this waiting game taught me lot of things ...

thanks mate for your message .

Hi,

i have been following this thread for a couple of months now and i have to say, it brings comfort to see that I'm not the only one who feels this way about waiting. i thought i was the unluckiest person to have to wait this long as few of my friends got theirs really fast. but it just seems that they were just incredibly lucky.

i had all my documents ready to lodge after my second year of 457 but i recruited a migration agent who just didn't do his job right. in the end he ended up going AWOL and i had to get another migration agent anyway. so i feel like a total fool cause i could have changed MA but didn't as i had already paid him, etc... but anyway, i think karma or something will look after him so i don't have to worry about him.

I do have hope that we will be reaching good news soon.

Nomination approved-16 September

Visa application- 19 October 2015

Application Status- Application received

Position- Program/ Project administrator

Its look like I need to wait another 4 months ... .. I am strong enough to wait now.. this waiting game taught me lot of things ...

thanks mate for your message .

Waiting can be very frustrating and mentally draining. I experienced it when I waited for my visa approval for 7.5 months. My suggestion is that when you hit the 6th month mark, try to call DIPB or if you know your Processing centre, call them on the number written at the bottom part of your letter. Based on my experience, people from the department are very accommodating. I asked this question to the forum before if it's beneficial to call DIBP, but I didn't get an answer and I'm giving you a view based on my own experience. This is just to give you people a peace of mind. If you call DIBP, waiting time is long which can even take you to almost an hour. They used to tell you which queue no. you are, but that is gone already, they'll just answer the phone whenever an officer is available. With processing centres, most of the time they will not pick up the phone, but I was lucky one time that I was able to speak with the case officer. I thought is that, when you call them and when they check on your file, it goes on top again and becomes a priority. You know there's so many applicants on-shore and off-shore and your file can be file down the list. It is just when you call DIBP, the refresh button is re set.

Can my status be "assessment in progress" without my nomination being approved? MA never told me re:nomination, only some documents were requested so far. Thanks

My experience is when they asked for additional documents, my status changed from "Application received" to "Assessment in Progress", but I think (big possibility) that your nomination has already been approved, if you're talking about "Assessment In Progress" for your visa application. To best know the answer, check with your employer, usually when Immigration sends the approval to your employer, it is written on the letter that this information must be shared to the employee and that their visa application should be applied within 6 months.

Guys.

My employer got the nomination approval letter today! So I hope I get my visa(186) within the next couple of weeks. Does any one know if I need to upload that letter that my employer got in my visa application supporting documents? Good Luck for everyone, waiting for long time but one step closer.

Nomination 25 Sep

Visa application 28 Sep

No need to do that, it has been linked when your Visa application has been lodged because your TRN (Nomination) is used for your Visa Application. You cannot lodge a Visa Application 186 without the TRN (Employer Nomination)

Waiting can be very frustrating and mentally draining. I experienced it when I waited for my visa approval for 7.5 months. My suggestion is that when you hit the 6th month mark, try to call DIPB or if you know your Processing centre, call them on the number written at the bottom part of your letter. Based on my experience, people from the department are very accommodating. I asked this question to the forum before if it's beneficial to call DIBP, but I didn't get an answer and I'm giving you a view based on my own experience. This is just to give you people a peace of mind. If you call DIBP, waiting time is long which can even take you to almost an hour. They used to tell you which queue no. you are, but that is gone already, they'll just answer the phone whenever an officer is available. With processing centres, most of the time they will not pick up the phone, but I was lucky one time that I was able to speak with the case officer. I thought is that, when you call them and when they check on your file, it goes on top again and becomes a priority. You know there's so many applicants on-shore and off-shore and your file can be file down the list. It is just when you call DIBP, the refresh button is re set.

Gday Mate

Few week ago I did call few times but every time they say your Nomination is in process so we can't give u any info . I will do again next week let see I hope may be any positive comment I hear from them. thanks every one and enjoy week end !

My Weekly Rant -

There are days when I want to smash my head against the wall and feel it go numb just so that the thoughts would stop. But then I think of my family and avert from doing anything like that. I work in the migration industry and have felt the pain of visa applicants for years. Never did I think that the pain of waiting would be so excruciating. I would always say that how meek can one be to lose their cool over something they do not have control over? I now know that it is easier said than done. It isn't the fear of the result but the fear of the unknown that does one in. If only the process was more transparent and forthcoming (as the department's service charter says), I am sure that everyone would be able to sigh a breath of relief. It has been 202 days since my visa application was lodged. The last 3 weeks have felt like a year and I must have aged by that much in those weeks.

After living and paying taxes in Australia for almost 9 years, being on 457 for 4 and being totally assimilated into the society, one thinks what more has to be done to be accepted? Shouldn't that, alone, be the criteria? Shouldn't that, alone, be the benchmark enough to say, that this family is now Australian? I love this country. I love the people, I love the way human life is valued and I love the way freedom in its true sense is celebrated in this country. I have always respected and followed the values of this country from day one and have been a part of its unique culture. It is then, one has to think, as to why would we have such red-tapped bureaucracy that would halt a family from progressing? I cannot buy a house even after having an impeccable credit score! I cannot be registered for certain trades even though I have more knowledge and practice insight than the ones practicing the trade. I cannot sleep with ease of mind thinking that my daughter has a secure future in the country. The one my wife and I have worked so hard to be a part of. And I am just getting started.

The point is, the whole assessment process in its very simple form is nothing but paper shuffling. Then why, in this day and age it would take 200+ days to do so? We live in a world where we can get our taxes assessed in 12 business days. We can have our passports issued in 2 weeks and our Medicare cards to be handed on the same day! Then why, does it take so long to decide a family's fate? Especially when all government systems are now linked to a centralised location. Isn't it just outright cruel to do this? To make one wet their pants every time there is a new email alert on their phone? Isn't it cruel to make a family halt and default their future indefinitely without giving them any idea of hope? How is this still acceptable in this society?

Remind of a service or a product for which you pay thousands of dollars and get this sort of treatment. You are in a limbo all the time. If I spend in access of $6000 for a product, I get exemplary customer service, I get value for money and I get courteous and timely updates (if needed). Then why, this process is so different?

I am fed up to be honest. I am tiered and I am apologetic. I am not angry for some reasons.

All I can do is fold my arms, take deep breaths and imagine what this wait would be worth for. I wish all of you a very good luck. Congratulations to those who received their grants in the past week.

Sorry for the long post but I feel relaxed and I use this form as an outlet of my frustration. Have a great weekend everyone. See you later.

My Weekly Rant -

There are days when I want to smash my head against the wall and feel it go numb just so that the thoughts would stop. But then I think of my family and avert from doing anything like that. I work in the migration industry and have felt the pain of visa applicants for years. Never did I think that the pain of waiting would be so excruciating. I would always say that how meek can one be to lose their cool over something they do not have control over? I now know that it is easier said than done. It isn't the fear of the result but the fear of the unknown that does one in. If only the process was more transparent and forthcoming (as the department's service charter says), I am sure that everyone would be able to sigh a breath of relief. It has been 202 days since my visa application was lodged. The last 3 weeks have felt like a year and I must have aged by that much in those weeks.

After living and paying taxes in Australia for almost 9 years, being on 457 for 4 and being totally assimilated into the society, one thinks what more has to be done to be accepted? Shouldn't that, alone, be the criteria? Shouldn't that, alone, be the benchmark enough to say, that this family is now Australian? I love this country. I love the people, I love the way human life is valued and I love the way freedom in its true sense is celebrated in this country. I have always respected and followed the values of this country from day one and have been a part of its unique culture. It is then, one has to think, as to why would we have such red-tapped bureaucracy that would halt a family from progressing? I cannot buy a house even after having an impeccable credit score! I cannot be registered for certain trades even though I have more knowledge and practice insight than the ones practicing the trade. I cannot sleep with ease of mind thinking that my daughter has a secure future in the country. The one my wife and I have worked so hard to be a part of. And I am just getting started.

The point is, the whole assessment process in its very simple form is nothing but paper shuffling. Then why, in this day and age it would take 200+ days to do so? We live in a world where we can get our taxes assessed in 12 business days. We can have our passports issued in 2 weeks and our Medicare cards to be handed on the same day! Then why, does it take so long to decide a family's fate? Especially when all government systems are now linked to a centralised location. Isn't it just outright cruel to do this? To make one wet their pants every time there is a new email alert on their phone? Isn't it cruel to make a family halt and default their future indefinitely without giving them any idea of hope? How is this still acceptable in this society?

Remind of a service or a product for which you pay thousands of dollars and get this sort of treatment. You are in a limbo all the time. If I spend in access of $6000 for a product, I get exemplary customer service, I get value for money and I get courteous and timely updates (if needed). Then why, this process is so different?

I am fed up to be honest. I am tiered and I am apologetic. I am not angry for some reasons.

All I can do is fold my arms, take deep breaths and imagine what this wait would be worth for. I wish all of you a very good luck. Congratulations to those who received their grants in the past week.

Sorry for the long post but I feel relaxed and I use this form as an outlet of my frustration. Have a great weekend everyone. See you later.

Everyone in this forum felt and still feeling the same. We all are here to support and encourage each other. This will pass and we'll all get what we pray for.

Have you tried phoning DIBP?

Gday Mate

Few week ago I did call few times but every time they say your Nomination is in process so we can't give u any info . I will do again next week let see I hope may be any positive comment I hear from them. thanks every one and enjoy week end !

I don't think Immigration officers are allowed to tell you the details on the status of your application; not unless it's your CO that you're talking to. I was able to talk to my CO by accident as he is the one that picked up the phone and I asked him politely if there's anything else that they will require of me. If it's the nomination that you are waiting, I believe your employer will be in a better position to make the follow up instead of you....just my thoughts...

My Weekly Rant -

That is all good, venting out your frustration helps a lot especially when people respond to it. We have and had experienced different situations and yours is one that would really eat up your brains. Just hard to think and think on what's going to happen the next day isn't it? But don't you worry, it will turn out well in the end. Australian Immigration is really very tough. They would screen their migrants very well and once you're through with it, the citizenship process will be a breeze because you've already done the critical part of it.

My Weekly Rant -

that is soooo true mate. i understand ur frustration. im also thinking same like u. been through all these trouble in last 8 years. but im upset frustrated also a bit angry. i couldnt control my anger so i said something inappropriate in the forum. checking my email and immi account every now and then.

i also think sometimes, how easily people get pr who are on partner visa. its just effortless. some people not genuinly refugees also getting pr easily. on the otherhand people who have been paying thousands of dollars tuition fees and all other expenses and paying huge amount of tax to the govt are still floating. that is so unfair with people like us.

nom and visa 7/09/15

NSW

Hi can I ask you where you can know the date of your NOM Status and Lodged?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Got my nomination approval yesterday, processing centre WA, but the e-mail still says, nsw.pese.[ATTACH=CONFIG]33222[/ATTACH].

don't know where it really had been looked up.

I pray for everyone, as it really hard to be patience, I understand how frustrating it is.

Good luck to everyone!!!

My timeline is:

NOM LODGED:23/09/2015( thought it was 24/09/2015)

VISA LODGED:24/09/2015

NOM STATUS:approved(31/09/2015)

VISA:application received

Hello. I just wanted to know that are we required to submit Form 80 with the 186 visa application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe form 80 is now part of the ENS 186 application. It is in the DIBP page for the principal applicant and for those who are 18 yrs old and above. Other members please comment on this if I am wrong. I have opted to submit my form 80 and my wife's, so as not to cause delay in the processing my application just in case my CO ask for it. It is very lengthy though and takes a lot of time to fill in. This covers everything, so it gives the CO an overview of what happened to you 10 years ago and they may ask questions on what you have done during those years....be prepared to have supporting documents if that happens.

My Weekly Rant -

Well Said !! My Situation is exactly the same like yours Bro. Been in this country for 8+ Years - Still Suffering - Its been 210 Days and counting !!

Lets hope we will get our answers this week :)

Best of Luck