hi everyone long time lurker here.

we are currently on a 457 visa which expires 31/01/16.

our nomination was submitted from my husbands employer at beginning of august, at this point we were not worried as nominations were taking 4-5 months to be approved so we would still have a couple of months to submit our visa application, alas immigration seem to be on a long term holiday at the moment :( we are obviously still waiting now and it is January so need to do something as we are literally running out of time on our 457.

we were trying to wait until our nomination was approved to lodge our visa..... but its looking now like we will have to sumbit our visa without nomination been granted so we can obtain a bridging visa, something we didnt really want to do in case for some reason the nomination is declined and we lose all our money. We have paid for the visa process so have savedhard and really dont want to lose our money.

our 457 was only granted for a three year period,( i have no idea why before i get questioned) as this has made things really really tight for us. just in case anyone wonders why we have left it so late. we had some personal circumstances that prevented us approaching my husbands employer about permanent residency earlier, until July we were uncertain whether we would need to be heading back to uk. anyway.........

I will fill in the timeline spreadsheet thingy in due course.

just a couple f questions re the TRT ens 186 application online.......almost done but a couple of things ....

question 11 re skills assessment....asks if my husband has a skills assessment TRT dont need one do they?? so do we just click no on that one? those that are doing temp resident transition, is that what you did??

and do we have to fill in form 80, scan and attach as part of our application?

regards qualifications, does my husband attach copies of these at end of application process?

I have seen someone on here yesterday did a SEPTEMBER nomination and the nomination already been approved..... should my husbands employer be contacting immigration now, I was under the impression that they hadnt even looked at July yet. or is that for nominations and visa applictions submitted together?? argh

sorry somany questions and feeling rather stressed out with it all. please if anyone can answer any of these questions i would be so grateful.

Another question for you. CO has requested another medical test for your daughter because it was more than 6 months ago now. Was your medical test done also more than 6 months ago? Because I did my medical test last Jun. I'm worried that they ask to do it again. It is not our fault if they take more time than expected to process visas. Why should we pay and do it again? So unfair.

Not mate. When we lodged the application my daughter was just born. MA advised a letter from GP will do. Now CO is trying to find out with Bupa if my daughter will need to do another formal health check. In the meantime, CO advised to obtain an updated GP letter as a supplement. CO didn't raised any concerns about our medicals at all. So don't worry.

Not mate. When we lodged the application my daughter was just born. MA advised a letter from GP will do. Now CO is trying to find out with Bupa if my daughter will need to do another formal health check. In the meantime, CO advised to obtain an updated GP letter as a supplement. CO didn't raised any concerns about our medicals at all. So don't worry.

Ah ok good thanks

Best of luck

Need to ask when I applied my ielts was valid in August and in November it got expired any chance co ask for new ielts

IELTS must be valid at the time of lodgement.

I applied on 30th June and my IELTS was valid till 29th and they did not ask for a new one.

Edited by peppa01
spelling