I have just logged onto my Immi account and the status has changed from 'information requested' to 'assessment in progress'...... I am assuming this means the case officer has picked up the case again. How long roughly after this should PR come through providing all the information is what they need? I will be the happiest person in Australia if we get PR this year!!

I wonder if we will see any approvals today/this week. I am pretty over this waiting game now.

Nomination: 09.07.15

Visa: 10.07.15

We are same timeline. I was told by DIBP VIC officer that mine will be looked at before Christmas. But i am still waiting. Now i am wishing it come to end prior to new year.

I have a very genuine to all of you here....I have been checking timeline of previous applicants of this forum and almost all of them got their PR after 28 days of submitting requested documents.However,most of us uploaded/provided requested documents within 2,3 working days then why we have to wait for 28 days?

FYI (In other visa applications i.e student visas,457 and 189 CO try to make decision as soon as they received requested documents then why can't they apply the same rule here....why do we have to wait for 28 days?)

I have a very genuine to all of you here....I have been checking timeline of previous applicants of this forum and almost all of them got their PR after 28 days of submitting requested documents.However,most of us uploaded/provided requested documents within 2,3 working days then why we have to wait for 28 days?

FYI (In other visa applications i.e student visas,457 and 189 CO try to make decision as soon as they received requested documents then why can't they apply the same rule here....why do we have to wait for 28 days?)

I concur with what you said. Personally, I've been even unluckier than you. I have waited 175 days for the first contact yet the waiting is underway.

For those of you who have waited for more than 6 months, there is one thing we could do - feedback. Bear in mind that we are not begging for a visa. We paid for the service agreement and DIBP has to maintain the standard. Management in DIBP is also encouraging people to provide feedbacks including compliments, complaints and suggestions, as a part of their commitment to continually improving services. It's the right thing for ours interest as well as helping DIBP improve.

For those of you who were lucky to get grant within 6 months but yet felt treated unfairly, you can still have your say heard as well.

https://www.border.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service

https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=oco-complaint-form

I concur with what you said. Personally, I've been even unluckier than you. I have waited 175 days for the first contact yet the waiting is underway.

For those of you who have waited for more than 6 months, there is one thing we could do - feedback. Bear in mind that we are not begging for a visa. We paid for the service agreement and DIBP has to maintain the standard. Management in DIBP is also encouraging people to provide feedbacks including compliments, complaints and suggestions, as a part of their commitment to continually improving services. It's the right thing for ours interest as well as helping DIBP improve.

For those of you who were lucky to get grant within 6 months but yet felt treated unfairly, you can still have your say heard as well.

https://www.border.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service

https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=oco-complaint-form

Do you reckon 6 months is the standard processing time for HR countries or is it 8 months for HR countries?

They give you 28 days to provide the documents, and I think many COs then put some sort of flag on the file to look at it again after 28 days to see if you've provided the documents. So even though you submit the documents within a day or 2, they don't schedule a time to look at the application again until the 28 days are past.

6 months is the target processing time if you have submitted all documents at the time of application. If they need to contact you for more documents, then naturally it can take longer than that.

called 131881. waited(wasted) 2 hours. Didn't look like the right people answered my call. She asked me to ask MA to contact them as she doesn't even think normal nomination would take up to 6 months....

Just got to know two processing center process our files. NSW has reached 5/6 july while VIC is still on 1/2 July.

Hello friends I am new here. My question is today first time I have created a immi account and import my 186 visa file. I have seen application recived. But there is one key submit application. So I just wondering do I need to submit application again. Just because I imported it. Pls tell me.

Thanks.

Hello friends I am new here. My question is today first time I have created a immi account and import my 186 visa file. I have seen application recived. But there is one key submit application. So I just wondering do I need to submit application again. Just because I imported it. Pls tell me.

Thanks.

Don't do anything with your imported files!

Guest guest90395

I submitted my nomination on 24th June and visa on the 26th. Immi have contacted my agent/employer 3 times now for more info - first, at the end of November, company bank statements and directors contracts, then last week evidence of why they can't fill the role with an Australian and finally, on Christmas Eve, for my resume.

I'm beginning to think we are going to get refused and will be heading home which will just be gutting.

I submitted my nomination on 24th June and visa on the 26th. Immi have contacted my agent/employer 3 times now for more info - first, at the end of November, company bank statements and directors contracts, then last week evidence of why they can't fill the role with an Australian and finally, on Christmas Eve, for my resume.

I'm beginning to think we are going to get refused and will be heading home which will just be gutting.

I don't think you are going to get refused, as long as you provided the requested documents, that's ok.

May I ask are you transit from 457 or direct entry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why they don't ask all the documents in one time and then make decision quickly. it seems like they are wasting their time as well. By the way, do you mind to share your occupation? and are you direct entry ?

Hi guys. I've been following this thread for months. Am really hopeful I will hear something within the next week! I can't figure out how to add my signature so here's my timeline:

Nomination application: 3rd July

Visa application: 3rd July

Processing centre: NSW

Transition

So far I haven't heard anything, neither has my employer.