What kind of statement?

We were confused and when asked clarification from MA, He advised to provide a statement about my husband (main applicant) experience and qualifications. Immi wants to know why they employed my husband and offered him current salary. Nothing serious just try to sell hubby to Immi LOL

Looks like next week is yours (those who applied on last week of May)

I really hope you're right! We're changing from a 574 (student) to 186. Nomination lodged 28/5/15 and visa application 29/5/15. There's so much riding on this getting a approved soon for us. My hubby (main applicant) is a Uni Lecturer now, so it cuts all the documentation for skills as this is one of the exceptions. Also, he's still doing his PhD as an International student and we have to pay $6,500 by the middle of October for an extension...wish I could push it just a couple of weeks

Thanks! I have updated it.

Would you have more data, by any chance? Like for the previous months (January to April) ?

Welcome to the forum @icko! :) I've included your timeline with the rest of us. Kindly fill in the rest where I've left blank:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BcNOlnXc0F2QgYweRiQUYgH8LOgdmSEn-9rkxTkIlBk/edit#gid=455421483

I really hope you're right! We're changing from a 574 (student) to 186. Nomination lodged 28/5/15 and visa application 29/5/15. There's so much riding on this getting a approved soon for us. My hubby (main applicant) is a Uni Lecturer now, so it cuts all the documentation for skills as this is one of the exceptions. Also, he's still doing his PhD as an International student and we have to pay $6,500 by the middle of October for an extension...wish I could push it just a couple of weeks

I didn't know that you can do that from student to 186.. i thought from 457 working 2 years then you can apply 186...!!!!!!

He doesn't have to have the 2 years because he works for a University as a Level employee. I thought the same, but after a billion hours on the phone to immigration we got the ok. Otherwise it was going from a 574 to 457, but both have the same conditons, both temporary etc, just you can study on a 574

He doesn't have to have the 2 years because he works for a University as a Level employee. I thought the same, but after a billion hours on the phone to immigration we got the ok. Otherwise it was going from a 574 to 457, but both have the same conditons, both temporary etc, just you can study on a 574

Ive checked on immi webside it has to be a full time 2 years of employment to get 186..... but any way...best of luck...

What do you mean? Isn't it a good thing I have my nomination already approved and out of the way?

There's nothing wrong with waiting for the nomination to be approved first, before submitting your application. However it lengthens the overall process - when you lodge them both reasonably close together, the CO will typically finalise the nomination and then immediately begin processing your application. When you wait for the nomination to be approved, your application goes into the general queue and you typically wait another 4-5 months. But the advantage is that you know your nomination was successful so you don't need to worry about it being refused and taking your application along with it.

You need 2 years on a 457 if you apply under the Temporary Resident Transition stream. If you apply under the Direct Entry stream you don't ever have to have been on a 457 visa.

We're under direct, that's obviously why then. Thanks for clarifying. Has everyone gone down the 'my health declaration' route?