I really don't mean to be rude, but people "analysing" and trying to calculate other applicants approvals isn't helping anyone. Not one case is the same and not everyone's case will follow the same time line. People have different CO's and the CO's have different levels of work, some are quicker than others, some go on sick leave and some on annual leave. Like I said before if you are still within the 6-8 months processing time it could be any day. If it's earlier than this then it's a bonus! But please people stop predicting others grant times as you may be giving them unrealistic expectations.

Got a mail from a DSO via MA

"Thank you for your e-mail.

The provided information has been attached to the application and will be assessed by a case officer in due course."

Now what?

To put it bluntly...you wait! :) Sorry but nothing much else you can do.

I really don't mean to be rude, but people "analysing" and trying to calculate other applicants approvals isn't helping anyone. Not one case is the same and not everyone's case will follow the same time line. People have different CO's and the CO's have different levels of work, some are quicker than others, some go on sick leave and some on annual leave. Like I said before if you are still within the 6-8 months processing time it could be any day. If it's earlier than this then it's a bonus! But please people stop predicting others grant times as you may be giving them unrealistic expectations.

Well said R1ggers. The best approach is to sit tight and wait. Enjoy life whilst you do! :)

Well said R1ggers. The best approach is to sit tight and wait. Enjoy life whilst you do! :)

Don't get me wrong, I know it's frustrating and the not knowing makes us all think the worst, it's only natural to worry about these things, I was pulling my hair out not long ago as I couldn't get any info on my nom, DIAC won't tell you, my MA won't Contact DIAC as its still well within the processing time. But when my employer told me that the CO is scheduled to look at the nom, I know nothing can happen until that date. I've been informed that the visa app is fine and it's just waiting on the outcome of nom now. But people guessing each other's dates is wrong.

I completely agree R1ggers - there is no timeline - if there was they would say you visa will be done 3 months from date of submission but it isnt.....everyones case is different - defacto takes longer, kids take longer, off shore takes longer, certain passports take longer.

to put it bluntly IT SUCKS......but we all want to stay........Good things come to those who wait........

Fingers crossed everyone gets great news when they get it........

Don't get me wrong, I know it's frustrating and the not knowing makes us all think the worst, it's only natural to worry about these things, I was pulling my hair out not long ago as I couldn't get any info on my nom, DIAC won't tell you, my MA won't Contact DIAC as its still well within the processing time. But when my employer told me that the CO is scheduled to look at the nom, I know nothing can happen until that date. I've been informed that the visa app is fine and it's just waiting on the outcome of nom now. But people guessing each other's dates is wrong.

We're all in the same boat so we know how it works. We've been told over and over again that "there's nothing we could do but wait". I don't know about you, but I speak for myself that I find comfort in knowing I can share my woes, pains and anxiety with others who are in the exact same situation. Predicting when the grants are going to come through isn't fostering an unrealistic expectation, but it gives the slightest relief knowing there are others watching your timeline and supporting you. I know we're all equally anxious to get our PR, which is why we're even on this forum in the first place. Let others speak what they wish to speak, rant what they want to rant, predict what they choose to predict, cos' at the end of the day we're all holding on to the one thing that still makes sense – hope.

I completely agree R1ggers - there is no timeline - if there was they would say you visa will be done 3 months from date of submission but it isnt.....everyones case is different - defacto takes longer, kids take longer, off shore takes longer, certain passports take longer.

to put it bluntly IT SUCKS......but we all want to stay........Good things come to those who wait........

Fingers crossed everyone gets great news when they get it........

Correct, nothing wrong at all with giving each other positive comments and well wishing, however I think telling someone that they will be granted on this day or that day is counter productive as we don't know when it will be granted. It's anyone's guess???

We're all in the same boat so we know how it works. We've been told over and over again that "there's nothing we could do but wait". I don't know about you, but I speak for myself that I find comfort in knowing I can share my woes, pains and anxiety with others who are in the exact same situation. Predicting when the grants are going to come through isn't fostering an unrealistic expectation, but it gives the slightest relief knowing there are others watching your timeline and supporting you. I know we're all equally anxious to get our PR, which is why we're even on this forum in the first place. Let others speak what they wish to speak, rant what they want to rant, predict what they choose to predict, cos' at the end of the day we're all holding on to the one thing that still makes sense – hope.

Your taking this the wrong way! (Sigh) and I dint believe it is helpful predicting someone's grant day as you can't? If DIAC can't predict it then we deffo can't.

Your taking this the wrong way! (Sigh) and I dint believe it is helpful predicting someone's grant day as you can't? If DIAC can't predict it then we deffo can't.

Haha please believe me when I say I didn't take it into offense. I guess what I'm trying to say is "predicting" someone's grant day is just another way of saying "hey don't lose hope, it will come very very soon (insert random date here)". At least for me, that's how I saw it. I doubt anyone here on this forum will ever know a definite date until those papers come through your email in black and white.

Applicant to applicant – I am pulling my hair out just as much.

Haha please believe me when I say I didn't take it into offense. I guess what I'm trying to say is "predicting" someone's grant day is just another way of saying "hey don't lose hope, it will come very very soon (insert random date here)". At least for me, that's how I saw it. I doubt anyone here on this forum will ever know a definite date until those papers come through your email in black and white.

Applicant to applicant – I am pulling my hair out just as much.

Yes, and most importantly why this forum created b'coz of judging our applications based on others application granted.

I predicted dreylee's based on my colleagues got approval (same number of days unless and until any extra documents requested) which I analyzed for dreylees.

I apologizes, if my prediction hurt anyone.

we all are sailing on the same boat. let's hope for the best and we will start getting PR granted soooner than predicted

Edited by shriniwas211

My timeline: employers nomination submitted 20.2.15 ( after 2 years on 457 completed)

More docs requested 29.5.15

more docs submitted 7.7.15- my employer didn't see the email requesting more docs so I had a panic when I got bk from a 4 week visit to the uk to get them in asap! Luckily immi still accepted them!

I will submit my part once the nomination has been approved. As of yet am holding off doing medical etc , but I have my uk and oz police checks ready.

Doing the whole thing myself- including the employers part! stress!!!

Yes, and most importantly why this forum created b'coz of judging our applications based on others application granted.

I predicted dreylee's based on my colleagues got approval (same number of days unless and until any extra documents requested) which I analyzed for dreylees.

Actually the forum is POMS in Oz! It was created for POMS migrating to Aus to get general guidance and Ones That have already made the move.

Actually the forum is POMS in Oz! It was created for POMS migrating to Aus to get general guidance and Ones That have already made the move.

Chill out dude. This is the Internet and it's for everyone. Each to its own, just don't ostracise the rest of us.

Just answering a question!

Well seems no question was asked!! But that's what an open forum is- you can answer even when no question was asked, like you did....and that's what everyone does here...freely!!

Hi everyone,

Have been following the thread for a while now and want to share my timeline.

Nomination and Visa Application lodged: 08 March 2015

Medical done: 09 March 2015

Nomination approved: 10 April 2015

Visa: waiting...

Hi everyone,

This is super fast.... withing a month nomination granted :)

Hi everyone,

Congrats for nom and hopefully pr grant soon