OK - so, update from my side. Nomination has been approved though not sure when, however my application is being processed by the Perth office, which is unusual as I'm Sydney based. Not sure if this explains the delay when others are getting their applications approved - does anyone have experience of dealing with the Perth office??

Welcome to my world! I'm in Qld but my visa is being processed in Perth, they're not the fastest!

So finally I was able to submit everything yesterday...have called my allocated team today and they told me they will finalise my app within a week...hopefully the last week of my slow, long journey to get this approved :-)!!

Cheers

So finally I was able to submit everything yesterday...have called my allocated team today and they told me they will finalise my app within a week...hopefully the last week of my slow, long journey to get this approved :-)!!

Cheers

That's good. Did you have medical issues? Hope everything gets sorted.

Cheers

Hi csi,i have applied on 6th of May for my 186 visa and my wife was unable to do her medical because of pregnancy,Anyway my baby was born last week so can u please tell me that how did u add your baby into 186 visa ? Thank you.

Welcome to my world! I'm in Qld but my visa is being processed in Perth, they're not the fastest!

Thats an understatement! Don't know what they're doing over there but they are about 3 months behind NSW processing office. My MA chased them again yesterday but I'm not hold ding out much hope for anything soon.

Thats an understatement! Don't know what they're doing over there but they are about 3 months behind NSW processing office. My MA chased them again yesterday but I'm not hold ding out much hope for anything soon.

Was told over 2 weeks ago that all criteria has been met and my visa would be granted any day. So frustrating!

That's good. Did you have medical issues? Hope everything gets sorted.

My wife was 6 months Pregnant when our application was allocated in March, and we didn't want to go through an X-ray. But as we are from a high risk country the x-Ray could not be waived even in case of pregnancy so we had to wait until the baby is born and added to the visa application.

Hi csi,i have applied on 6th of May for my 186 visa and my wife was unable to do her medical because of pregnancy,Anyway my baby was born last week so can u please tell me that how did u add your baby into 186 visa ? Thank you.

Hi

Is your baby born in Australia or overseas, there is a separate process for both cases. Bare minimum, you will need the birth certificate and the passport for the baby first, that's required in either of the cases, so get that at the earliest.

My baby was born in Australia so he can be added to the application free of charge, the process was:

1. Get the baby added to the 457 medical insurance and get letter from insurance company (1 day)

2. Get birth registration done and get the birth certificate (2 Weeks)

3. Get a letter from employer confirming they have no objection to add the baby to my existing 457 visa and 186 visa application. (1 day)

4. Send the 3 above together with the both parents' passports copies to 457 visa section to get the baby added to the existing 457 visa (passport is not needed for this step if the baby doesn't have to travel outside Australia before 186 application is processed, also the baby cannot be added to 186 visa application until he/she is added to existing 457 visa). (1 Week)

5. Get the passport for the baby (3 Weeks)

6. Once your baby is added to 457 visa and you receive the grant letter for that, send all of the above to PSE (186) section of the department along with filled in and signed form 1436 and the 457 grant letter.

7. They will then add the baby to the 186 application and send you an eMedical consent form with baby's HAP ID. (3 days)

8. Get a letter from the local GP certifying that baby is in good health (1 day)

9. Send the signed eMedical consent form and the doctor letter along with the birth certificate to BUPA Visa service email address given on their site, so that they can do an on the papers medical. (2 Days)

10. Once you get the reply confirming medical completion from BUPA, intimate the PSE section of the department so they know your application is now complete.

It took me around 4 weeks after the baby was born to complete all of the above with most of the time taken by the birth certificate and passport. Of course your wife needs to complete her medical as well which can be done anytime along the way after the birth.

Cheers

Thanks shriniwas211

my Ma said it's not for that

just change state

immi didnt ask any more docs to MA...

hm... I don knw wats goin on...

my time line

nomi visa lodged 27th march

both grant yet...

Hi Jason,

We both submitted nomi and visa the same day.

I have not heard anything from either immi or MA. Have you? may i ask your occupation? mine is accountancy

Thanks csi,a lot for your help,yes my baby born in Australia and i have applied for her birth certificate and can you also please tell me that the email address of 457 department to add her first in 457 visa.

Thanks again

Edited by masudparves

Thanks csi,a lot for your help,yes my baby born in Australia and i have applied for her birth certificate and can you also please tell me that the email address of 457 department to add her first in 457 visa.

Thanks again

Hey, I sent it to 457(at)IMMI.GOV.AU, which should now be changed to 457(at)BORDER.GOV.AU I suppose, given the transition from 1st of July, do let them know that you have a 186 PR application in process and provide both your original 457 TRN and 186 TRN as well.

Cheers

Congrats to who got PR....

My Timeline

Nomination: 29/05/2015

Visa Lodge : 01/06/2015

Medical Done : 10/06/2015

Police Clearance Submitted on Visa Lodge date

457 to 186 Visa

Nomination Approval: Waiting......

Visa Approval : Waiting......

any idea which month they are checking March or April ?

How many weeks they are take for visa approval ? 4 to 6?

Thank you

Any Good News? Good Luck

I guess, good news will start receiving from 12pm onwards. i'm still bit afraid that i lodged my visa on 10 June just 2 days before I got nomination approved (12 June).

Does that mean they consider me on June band or they consider me on March band when My nomination lodged (11 March)?

I guess, good news will start receiving from 12pm onwards. i'm still bit afraid that i lodged my visa on 10 June just 2 days before I got nomination approved (12 June).

Does that mean they consider me on June band or they consider me on March band when My nomination lodged (11 March)?

Likewise, I only lodged my visa about 3 weeks before my nomination was approved. But looking through previous timelines, if yours is a decision ready application and fingers crossed, no other documents were requested, we should be hearing back by this week! On average, it took about 28 days to process previous PRs from when the Nomination was approved.

I think u will b consider in march :)

Likewise, I only lodged my visa about 3 weeks before my nomination was approved. But looking through previous timelines, if yours is a decision ready application and fingers crossed, no other documents were requested, we should be hearing back by this week! On average, it took about 28 days to process previous PRs from when the Nomination was approved.

we both are almost same positions :)

Please share as soon as you got PR granted.

have you apply your self? or through MA?