My friend applied 30th June and got his yesterday. I applied the same day but entered in some info wrong so i sent that yesterday to them and now waiting to hear the outcome now. So hopefully 2 weeks max for me :)

What is your process centre? Are they hitting on 4 months target now? Before they were hitting on 3 months.

Guys

I appiled nomination application on 7th july and visa application on 8th july...does both the application goes to same CO or does it to different ones. ..also my acknowledged letter says perth office..so does it gets processed at perth or some other centers..my MA says it can go to any other centre. .and hows the perth center processing. .any better then other centre..i am in the 16th week now..no CO nothing..each day is like sword hanging on neck

check this guys recently there is a change in processing.

Hello All,

After talking with DIBP Case Officers recently they made me aware of a change in way they process applications.

Basically they are now called Visa Processing Officers (VPO’s) not Case Officers.

The reason for this is your application is no longer assigned to a case officer.

Your application now remains in a queue of active applications and once your application gets to the top of the queue a VPO will review it, take any necessary action and then return it to the queue with a 28 day reminder. After 28 days (it could be longer depending on the number of applications ahead of it) it will get to the top of the queue again and a VPO will review it again. It is unlikely to be the same VPO that reviewed it initially.

Due to this change in process it is very important to have all of your documents attached as soon as possible to avoid being returned to the queue.

This change also means you don’t have a specific case officer to email with updates/questions/requests.

Regards

And what about the different centres..so it means there will be only one queue and VPOs from all centres work on that single queue..dont know if its good or bad for applications..but I can see the reason for this change is quick allocation of VPO and does not have to wait for months...I am going crazy..our medicals are referred and if this information is true..unlucky ones like us will be kicked back into queue and keep on bouncing back as I dont know how MOC will deal with this changes. .

Edited by Raj11

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I'm utterly confused and can't seem to find the info anywhere.

So I'm 1 year 8 months into being sponsored on a 457 visa. I went yesterday to see HR to see about getting the ball rolling for PR after 2 years. She recommended that I do the visa myself as it'd be quicker. However my job (ICT Tech) is on the CSOL not the SOL, and I can't see any way of doing it myself. After doing some research I came across the Direct Entry Stream. However now I'm even more confused. What's the difference between DES and transition except for being able to do DES before 2 years?

I'd like to do the DES as I'd prefer to get PR sooner, but I have a co-worker who is going through transition at the moment and the employer has spent 4 months compiling the work for her nomination. Am I to expect the exact same thing with DES? Am I completely missing a way to do it myself?

Thanks

Even after nomination granted on 26th july. .still they took so long on your visa application. .

Pretty sure the processing time goes by Application lodgement date, not nomination lodgement (nomination ap was back in May) I know some have lodged both at the same time, but given that it was my employers first ever nomination I didn't want to risk losing my ap fee in the instance nomination ap was unsuccessful.

Looks like we're about the same Suk123, 14wks on Thurs, keen to know when you hear anything.

Barney 500

sure mate, my mA told me 3 weeks ago that our application was assigned for team10 paramatta.as recent changes in processing ,he says it will take time.everything is decession ready from our side.How about yours and did you used MA.thanks

Barney 500

sure mate, my mA told me 3 weeks ago that our application was assigned for team10 paramatta.as recent changes in processing ,he says it will take time.everything is decession ready from our side.How about yours and did you used MA.thanks

Nope, no MA, decision ready here too on 31st July.

so just looked at my application online and it has a lot of fields that say recommended. Any ideas what that means? a lot of the other forms submitted either say the date of submission or the week after.

Also just says processing. You would think for the amount they are charging there may be a little more information available...

I look forward to any replies

Also what is MA?

Edited by swintonfan

so just looked at my application online and it has a lot of fields that say recommended. Any ideas what that means? a lot of the other forms submitted either say the date of submission or the week after.

Also just says processing. You would think for the amount they are charging there may be a little more information available...

I look forward to any replies

Also what is MA?

My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that: Recommended is basically any possible document for any possible visa situation you might apply for, not all will be relevant for all visas hence why each visa has a relevant checklist of docs to provide, I went through the 186 checklist of supporting docs in order to lodge a decision ready application. (Let me know if you hear different).

We did our own application, when you say decision ready is there an option when you sumbit stating decision ready ?

No that I've seen, just means you've uploaded everything, some people wait for CO to request medicals & police clearance before they organise. I've completed meds & PC, hence "decision ready"