Finally our visa has been Granted!!

Nomination lodged 8th May

Application on 29th July

Nomination Approved 11th August

Medicals done 25th August

Visa Granted 4th September.

Our Immi account hasn't been updated but our agent received the grant letter.

So excited that the wait is over. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!

Finally our visa has been Granted!!

Nomination lodged 8th May

Application on 29th July

Nomination Approved 11th August

Medicals done 25th August

Visa Granted 4th September.

Our Immi account hasn't been updated but our agent received the grant letter.

So excited that the wait is over. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!!

congratulations! may I know which country are you from? low or high risk?

Thanks

We heard from our MA today, the dept are requesting I submit another Police Certificate that includes my maiden name. My British Polic Cert shows my maiden name but not the Singaporean one. We've lived in Singapore for the past 7 years. Problem is that the application form for Singapore Police Cert has no box for maiden or previous name. And all applications must be submitted with a passport that matches the application name. I don't have passport with my maiden name, have been married 14 years and not used my maiden name since the day I was married!! MA is going back to the dept with this info & hopefully we'll come to some resolution.

Despite the above hiccup & am just thrilled that our application is getting looked at! Need to take away something positive!!!

We heard from our MA today, the dept are requesting I submit another Police Certificate that includes my maiden name. My British Polic Cert shows my maiden name but not the Singaporean one. We've lived in Singapore for the past 7 years. Problem is that the application form for Singapore Police Cert has no box for maiden or previous name. And all applications must be submitted with a passport that matches the application name. I don't have passport with my maiden name, have been married 14 years and not used my maiden name since the day I was married!! MA is going back to the dept with this info & hopefully we'll come to some resolution.

Despite the above hiccup & am just thrilled that our application is getting looked at! Need to take away something positive!!!

That is very, very unfortunate. I hope we don't get asked that because South African police are just the worst to work with, it will take us forever to sort out. At least you guys are officially in the queue now and we submitted our app a few days after you so fingers crossed.

Parramatta office.

However our immi account hasn't been updated yet, when I go onto my account it still says processing. However when I click to look at application it has granted next to each of our names!

Our agent got the confirmation email otherwise I wouldn't have know

Hi guys

Finally after weeks, my nomination has been granted!!!

My TIMELINE:

Visa Type: ENS 186 Direct Stream

Nomination lodged: 23/05/2014

Visa application: 18/06/2014 ( with MA)

Nomination Granted: 5/9/2014

the nomination took 105days to get finalised and i m still waiting on my visa (today is day "83")

Edited by tonio8346

hi all, i am new to this forum.i have just started to gather all documents for my 186 visa. i currently work in Australia but will need to go off shore once i apply.my lawyer has told me this could take 6-9 months .is this a reasonable time as according to immi it should be 6

Any tips would be appreciated.

hi all, i am new to this forum.i have just started to gather all documents for my 186 visa. i currently work in Australia but will need to go off shore once i apply.my lawyer has told me this could take 6-9 months .is this a reasonable time as according to immi it should be 6

Any tips would be appreciated.

Is there something unique in your situation that you need to off shore when you apply? As this isn't typically required.