Migration for Rgn

Smellykat80

Has anyone attempted this without a migration expert? How did you find the process?

It looks very confusing to me, but an immigration expert costs a lot of money....a high cost that doesn't even include any of the fees or costs for immigration?

What do the fees actually cover? Is it worth paying? If so, can anyone recommend a good agency?

Kat (confused Rgn)

Hi. I had my visa granted in a December 2016. I am a children's nurse/ HV. I did the process myself, in honestly with help from here and the ANMAC/AHPRA sites. The main thing is that you must be degree educated as AHPRA won't register you if you're diploma educated. I found the process very easy however I am a very straightforward case of a nurse, husband, 2 kids, 60 points.

I think most emigration agencies offer a free consultation. I have heard very good things, from a different site, about Leanne Stevens from Emergico.

Thank you for your replies

I do have a degree, but only 40 points as i don't have 3 years experience. However. I am hoping to gain 20 by obtaining level 8 in my ielts.

Kat.

Make sure to prepare yourself for the IELTS. There are loads of free IELTS course material available online if you Google it. Remember that the structure of the part 2 written exam needs to follow a specific structure for maximum points.

I believe @TravellingKatherine is a nurse? She might be able to share her experience.

I am indeed. I did mine completely on my own. No migration agent. It's perfectly possible you just have the read all the instructions carefully on each of the organisations eg. ANMAC, AHPRA, immigration etc.

Definitely the 1st thing to do is get your IELTS and go from there. I only just had 3 years experience but had enough points to do it without.

Hi all, we along with our 9yr old daughter and two Staffordshire bull terrier dogs, are looking to relocate to Oz, ideally looking into Adelaide. I'm a degree registered nurse and due to qualify in September as a Health Visitor and husband has spend many years in the RAF.

Any advice for on jobs for a HV/child and family health nurse? - we've not started any application yet, we've booked on the 'down under live' migration show in London in October-we will probably use a MARA agent,

Such as here step leaving our lovely little country in Wales ❤️

Hi all, we along with our 9yr old daughter and two Staffordshire bull terrier dogs, are looking to relocate to Oz, ideally looking into Adelaide. I'm a degree registered nurse and due to qualify in September as a Health Visitor and husband has spend many years in the RAF.

Any advice for on jobs for a HV/child and family health nurse? - we've not started any application yet, we've booked on the 'down under live' migration show in London in October-we will probably use a MARA agent,

Such as here step leaving our lovely little country in Wales ❤️

Hi Louise. I'm a health visitor. We went to Adelaide last year, loved it there but unfortunately child health nurse jobs don't come up there very often. I emailed someone from SA health last week, as we're moving there in June, and was told that there weren't any future positions planned at present. I may look to go elsewhere. I did my nurse training and went straight into health visiting, so I can't go back into clinical/acute nursing. If you're more clinical, I'd stick with that, much more opportunities.

Hi Paige, thanks for getting back to me. I am loving the SCPHN role in the UK and don't want to go back to clinical if I can help it. I was hoping there would be lots of opportunities for child health nurse, so feel a bit deflated at the moment. Hubby is in the RAF so a huge decision to leave the UK.

Hiw long as the whole process taken you?

Hi Paige, thanks for getting back to me. I am loving the SCPHN role in the UK and don't want to go back to clinical if I can help it. I was hoping there would be lots of opportunities for child health nurse, so feel a bit deflated at the moment. Hubby is in the RAF so a huge decision to leave the UK.

Hiw long as the whole process taken you?

Sorry, didn't mean to deflate you, it just seems as though Adelaide don't advertise much for the role. I saw that WA health were advertising last month and there's always lots of roles NSW way (I don't want to go to NSW). I started the process last March, had skills assessment and AHPRA by end of June, but my daughter needed an operation so we had to put plans on hold until after as didn't know if she would pass medical. Applied for visa 2nd October, granted 16th December.

In Victoria maternal and child health nurses are employed by the local council. They see patients mainly in their clinic for check ups/ developmental reviews etc.. We do not have the equivalent of health visitors as a general rule. I'm pretty sure that all maternal and child health nurses in Victoria are nurses with additional midwifery qualifications. It s a well paid role ($90-100k).

Bear in mind that AHPRA are now demanding that applicants present at a local AHPRA office in Australia within three months of the award of the 'Approval-in-Principle' letter, so unless you fancy a trip to Australia purely to activate your registration, then it's better to leave the AHPRA registration to the end, or near the end, of the visa application process, assuming you're applying with the skilled visa pathway.

Regards,

Richard

Bear in mind that AHPRA are now demanding that applicants present at a local AHPRA office in Australia within three months of the award of the 'Approval-in-Principle' letter, so unless you fancy a trip to Australia purely to activate your registration, then it's better to leave the AHPRA registration to the end, or near the end, of the visa application process, assuming you're applying with the skilled visa pathway.

Regards,

Richard

I can kind of see why they have reduced the time to present (I got in just before they changed the rules.) But there will be people who will get the skills assessment and their visa and not get their registration. Somehow seems a bit unfortunate for those people.

I can kind of see why they have reduced the time to present (I got in just before they changed the rules.) But there will be people who will get the skills assessment and their visa and not get their registration. Somehow seems a bit unfortunate for those people.

They will get their registration if they meet the criteria

Yes, they will, but it's just made the process more of a hassle.

In the 'good ol days', ANMAC passed all your documentation directly to AHPRA and so registration would follow on from your ANMAC skills assessment with minimum fuss, and no 12 week deadlines to turn up at an AHPRA office to activate it.

Regards,

Richard