Site Upgrade

Cerberus1

We have already explained it was out of our hands, no one even told us it was being moved over. Don't you think we feel bad enough about it. Rob has spent all last night and all this morning trying to get back the missing posts. It isn't a case of simply hitting a delete button. The server company took a back up and then deleted the old forum and updated the copy it to the new server yesterday. On a small forum it wouldn't usually matter but because if the number of posts and threads it had this devastating affect. So no it's not tasteless, tragic yes and I know Mhags would completely understand it wasn't intentional and Scott would probably be laughing about it all.

And yet the post is back now... Thank you both for restoring it.

Guest The Pom Queen
And yet the post is back now... Thank you both for restoring it.

Yes it is, Cerberus ended up having to use google cache to find the posts then copy and paste each one and then edit the post creator from himself to the member who made the comment. I think you are making it in to something it's not and I don't think Mhags or Scott would want this so please let it drop.

Guest The Pom Queen
Keep getting internal server error now, is this due to change over glitches and what happened to my other post it still happens?

Me as well, I don't fully understand all the behind the scenes things I leave that for Cerberus but basically it can take 48 hours for the DNS servers to update. Also as the new server is a lot more modern there will be a few niggles here and there until we change the site over to the new Forum software.

Some members will feel extra happy as I'm even struggling to report posts lol.

Guest The Pom Queen
On a slightly different note Poms in Adelaide doesn't seem to be working - I'm getting a database / internal server error. Is this related to the server move?

Yes Hun it is probably the DNS servers so hopefully that will be back up and running within the next 48 hours.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks. I'll keep checking occasionally.

No worries Hun, Cerberus just tried to force it through so give it a shot in 5.

Guest The Pom Queen
All working now :cute:

It may be the same as here where it keeps going down, but please just hang in there.

Yes it is, Cerberus ended up having to use google cache to find the posts then copy and paste each one and then edit the post creator from himself to the member who made the comment. I think you are making it in to something it's not and I don't think Mhags or Scott would want this so please let it drop.

sounds like a tremendous amount of trouble that Rob went to, having to copy and paste every message

Guest The Pom Queen
sounds like a tremendous amount of trouble that Rob went to, having to copy and paste every message

It was a long night and day with 2 hours sleep but glad he managed it in the end.