Site Upgrade

Cerberus1

In the next few days, I'll be moving the forum to another server in readiness for the planned site upgrade. The site will be offline periodically whilst it is moved and again whilst we are moving the site to a new software platform. (Invision Power Services forum software)

I understand not everyone will like the change, however, the current software is outdated, features add ons that are no longer supported, isn't mobile friendly etc along with a host of other problems.

The new platform will have a fully responsive design (mobile friendly) and will be secured using HTTPS.

There will no doubt be a learning curve with the new forum software for users, moderators and admin but we feel we can no longer carry on with the site in it's present state.

Thanks

Rob

Admin

In the next few days, I'll be moving the forum to another server in readiness for the planned site upgrade. The site will be offline periodically whilst it is moved and again whilst we are moving the site to a new software platform. (Invision Power Services forum software)

I understand not everyone will like the change, however, the current software is outdated, features add ons that are no longer supported, isn't mobile friendly etc along with a host of other problems.

The new platform will have a fully responsive design (mobile friendly) and will be secured using HTTPS.

There will no doubt be a learning curve with the new forum software for users, moderators and admin but we feel we can no longer carry on with the site in it's present state.

Thanks

Rob

Admin

Best of luck and bring it on :)

B

UPDATE:

It looks like the server hosting company has moved the site over the weekend without telling me. If I'd have known, I'd have closed the site on the old server so people couldn't post on it. Unfortunately, people have still been posting on the old server which should have been inaccessible. It looks like the hosting company took a backup on the 01st and restored it yesterday or today. Absolutely ridiculous that they didn't tell me when they were moving it but as things stand, it may be more problematic if I try to restore the missing 2 or 3 days data, so a big apology to anyone who has lost posts from the last couple of days.

Still, onwards and upwards, at least the site has been moved now, so touch wood, I'll be upgrading it next weekend. Whilst this will result in some more downtime, I promise that no posts will be lost.

I thought there was a problem when I went looking and seen there was atleast 8 or pages missing on the chat id been following.

Id problems with the quick reply where the space button wouldn't work properly for me, I had to go to advanced for it too work, maybe that was just my laptop.

Guest The Pom Queen
It's also glitched the "new posts". Clicking on "new posts" brings up posts I read a couple of days ago as unread and near top of list when 3 days old

Yes that's what Rob explained Hun. It's when the server company did the last back up and then took a few days to move us across

UPDATE:

it may be more problematic if I try to restore the missing 2 or 3 days data, so a big apology to anyone who has lost posts from the last couple of days.

You might want to make the effort in the case of the thread started by Suzuki Scottie's widow, and all her messages of condolence. It's a bit tasteless to just leave that deleted that like it never happened...

Guest The Pom Queen
You might want to make the effort in the case of the thread started by Suzuki Scottie's widow, and all her messages of condolence. It's a bit tasteless to just leave that deleted that like it never happened...

We have already explained it was out of our hands, no one even told us it was being moved over. Don't you think we feel bad enough about it. Rob has spent all last night and all this morning trying to get back the missing posts. It isn't a case of simply hitting a delete button. The server company took a back up and then deleted the old forum and updated the copy it to the new server yesterday. On a small forum it wouldn't usually matter but because if the number of posts and threads it had this devastating affect. So no it's not tasteless, tragic yes and I know Mhags would completely understand it wasn't intentional and Scott would probably be laughing about it all.