eeek! Young couple needed advice on a lively area to live in Brisbane near the coast!

Guest NinaW

Guest NinaW

Hi everyone!

We are a newly married couple in our twenties with no children and are planning a move to Brisbane in August. My husband has a job at Brisbane airport so we would like to be no further than 45 mins to an hour of the airport but other than that our requirements are to be near the coast (- a nice beach if possible!) and would also like to be somewhere a bit lively (just a few local bars would be nice).

We have been searching online but we don't really know where to start, many of the posts on here relate to findng good schools for children which is obviously not a concern of ours really, so any advice greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance, Nina and Gareth :cute:

Guest taffy 62

I moved to Brisbane in January, and live nr Manly Wynnum area about 15 mins from Brisbane airport.

I dont know areas that would be suitable for you as its pretty quiet nr the bay. We have cafe's and restaurants and clubs but no night clubs that I know of.

I would just like to make you aware that if you travel on the "Gateway" highway it could become a nightmare as it is nitorious to travel on in peak traffic times as theres always accidents on it everyday and could delay your journey by up to 2 hours!

We have to travel north on it to the airport so that means paying a toll every time each way of $2.60

Maybe it would be better for you to live north side and try and find a route where you could avoid the Gateway. Or maybe look at living at suburbs inbetween Brisbane and the airport like eaglefarm it wont be nr the beach though.

Most of Brisbanes nightlife is in fortitude valley and in the city. My daughter is 23 and she lives northside and can walk to a train station so if they want to go clubbing and both have a drink its ok as no one has to drive. I would look at that aspect too as hubby and I like to go out for dinner and have a bottle of wine but I can only have 2 glasses cause i have to drive home, where if we were on a train line we could enjoy ourselves more.

Most train tickets average about $5 it all depends on how many zones you go through, and they last all day and you can hop on train bus and citycat as often as you like.

Hope this helps.

I moved to Brisbane in January, and live nr Manly Wynnum area about 15 mins from Brisbane airport.

I dont know areas that would be suitable for you as its pretty quiet nr the bay. We have cafe's and restaurants and clubs but no night clubs that I know of.

I would just like to make you aware that if you travel on the "Gateway" highway it could become a nightmare as it is nitorious to travel on in peak traffic times as theres always accidents on it everyday and could delay your journey by up to 2 hours!

We have to travel north on it to the airport so that means paying a toll every time each way of $2.60

Maybe it would be better for you to live north side and try and find a route where you could avoid the Gateway. Or maybe look at living at suburbs inbetween Brisbane and the airport like eaglefarm it wont be nr the beach though.

Most of Brisbanes nightlife is in fortitude valley and in the city. My daughter is 23 and she lives northside and can walk to a train station so if they want to go clubbing and both have a drink its ok as no one has to drive. I would look at that aspect too as hubby and I like to go out for dinner and have a bottle of wine but I can only have 2 glasses cause i have to drive home, where if we were on a train line we could enjoy ourselves more.

Most train tickets average about $5 it all depends on how many zones you go through, and they last all day and you can hop on train bus and citycat as often as you like.

Hope this helps.

I was goind to say Winnum.Not sure about livley but it's nice place and still cheap enough. It's not far from the City or the air port but has a loveley beach and a nice feel to the place.

There are bars and coffee shops but maby not as much as maybe you would like. But I really can't think of anywere else.

But good luck and do look at Winnam

John

Guest HelenaBooth
Hi everyone!

We are a newly married couple in our twenties with no children and are planning a move to Brisbane in August. My husband has a job at Brisbane airport so we would like to be no further than 45 mins to an hour of the airport but other than that our requirements are to be near the coast (- a nice beach if possible!) and would also like to be somewhere a bit lively (just a few local bars would be nice).

We have been searching online but we don't really know where to start, many of the posts on here relate to findng good schools for children which is obviously not a concern of ours really, so any advice greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance, Nina and Gareth :cute:

Hello!

We are a young couple 22 and 23

Moving to Brisbane, with no job or house

We fly on September 15th

We would also love to hear some places to live.

Helena & Anthony

:cute:

Guest NinaW

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies!

We have are looking further in to north Brisbane as its closer to the airport as taffy sugessted although Mooloolaba seems further away from the airport than we wanted to go.

We have found Woody Point which we think looks nice, any views on the area?

Thank again:cute:

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies!

We have are looking further in to north Brisbane as its closer to the airport as taffy sugessted although Mooloolaba seems further away from the airport than we wanted to go.

We have found Woody Point which we think looks nice, any views on the area?

Thank again:cute:

Yes sorry it's very nice. Nice resturant and a couple of pubs. Close to airport as well

John

Forgot Redclife. bar's and nice coffe's shops& a good RSL opposite the sea. If being by the sea was not a problem, maybe look at West End nice and trendy very close to were it happens and again is an up and coming area.

John

Archived