Would employer find out my Criminal Record from Visa 457

goingtoz

It is a spent issue, I didn't really have to tell the employer but I am doing my 457 visa and I wish to apply for PR later so it's best to disclose everything.

There will be no police check paper provided unless I get asked by the immigration. (That's what the Police website has clearly stated in Hong Kong)

But you are right and I see what you mean. I do wanna talk to the manager who is hiring me, be up front, admitting that I have done this mistakes but it is not affecting who I am now. I sincerely hope that they understand and would not spread the news to everyone in the company.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Evets,

Sorry I can't open that link actually. So what are you trying to say? Is shoplifting a big deal in Australia that the employer will change their mind not to hire me?

Sorry the link is for a paid website. I just double checked and it will not allow me to access it now. As for your misnomer, only you employer can comment if they will hire you or not.

It is a spent issue, I didn't really have to tell the employer but I am doing my 457 visa and I wish to apply for PR later so it's best to disclose everything.

There will be no police check paper provided unless I get asked by the immigration. (That's what the Police website has clearly stated in Hong Kong)

But you are right and I see what you mean. I do wanna talk to the manager who is hiring me, be up front, admitting that I have done this mistakes but it is not affecting who I am now. I sincerely hope that they understand and would not spread the news to everyone in the company.

As per my understanding, Australia requires you to provide a police background check. It does not matter what your original country says, it is what Australian immigration mandates.

If your MA is going to discuss this with your manager, which I find odd, you NEED to chat to them before hand.

It may be a spent issue, but these things linger as I have found out myself.

Hi evets,

Really appreciate your prompt reply. These kind of things is really haunting and I couldn't sleep well for the past few days.

My MA told the HR, HR is going to tell the manager. MA also told me to feel free to contact the manager directly.

I have just made an appointment with the manager to explain it up front before HR tells them. Fingers cross. I hope my honesty can be seen and the manager would understand.

Hi evets,

Really appreciate your prompt reply. These kind of things is really haunting and I couldn't sleep well for the past few days.

My MA told the HR, HR is going to tell the manager. MA also told me to feel free to contact the manager directly.

I have just made an appointment with the manager to explain it up front before HR tells them. Fingers cross. I hope my honesty can be seen and the manager would understand.

No worries, forums like these are a good way to vent and discuss options. Fingers crossed your manager is approachable and you can discuss the incident.

mj

When it comes to immigration NO offence is ever spent.

This story has taken another turn.

Yes, they are going to disclose it.

Need some advice please if you are MA

I am not sure why you are asking for MA advice on this forum as you obviously don't pay any attention to advice given.

I have repeatably advise you that as your employer is paying for the visa costs, you need to be clear with the Agent they are using as to what information they will disclose.

You disregarded this advice and now are asking for an MA solutions to the consequence of disregarding the advise.

Sorry just some more questions regarding this

1) Is Police Check "A MUST" when there is a declaration of any kind of criminal record? Even if it's spent?

2) When will the immigration ask for the police check? Like first thing after the lodgement? Or mid way? Or before the visa gets finalised? (Just approximately)

Just wanna get a big picture of the timeline because I think the UK police clearance takes 10 working days.

Thank you so much guys! It really helps me out a lot!

Sorry just some more questions regarding this

1) Is Police Check "A MUST" when there is a declaration of any kind of criminal record? Even if it's spent?

2) When will the immigration ask for the police check? Like first thing after the lodgement? Or mid way? Or before the visa gets finalised? (Just approximately)

Just wanna get a big picture of the timeline because I think the UK police clearance takes 10 working days.

Thank you so much guys! It really helps me out a lot!

Nothing is ever 'spent' in the world of immigration.

Nothing is ever 'spent' in the world of immigration.

i understand nothing is spent, I am just wondering the immigration "MUST" ask for a police check when you have a record? If yes, when is it usually going to be?

I am just calculating the time it takes here. Thanks

i understand nothing is spent, I am just wondering the immigration "MUST" ask for a police check when you have a record? If yes, when is it usually going to be?

I am just calculating the time it takes here. Thanks

Not sure I understand your response. Immigration requires the police check whether or not have a record which you have declared. This is process. They need to confirm you record is clean and cannot take your word for it.

From memory my UK police check took a couple of weeks.

Not sure I understand your response. Immigration requires the police check whether or not have a record which you have declared. This is process. They need to confirm you record is clean and cannot take your word for it.

From memory my UK police check took a couple of weeks.

As per my understanding, the police check is not needed unless immigration ask for it. And they usually only ask you if you have a record.

I think UK takes 10 working days, Australia takes 14 working days.

Does anyone know in which phrase would the Aust immigration ask for the police clearance after the lodgement?

Thanks.

As per my understanding, the police check is not needed unless immigration ask for it. And they usually only ask you if you have a record.

It is a requirement of the subclass 457 visa that you pass the "Character Test".

As I advised you back on page 3 of this thread, you will need to provide Police Clearances if you have a criminal history.

Not sure why you keep asking the same questions, maybe you are hoping for different answers.