Rugby League Fans

thekevjones

Guest POMMIE CATH
Any RL fans out there planning on emigrating to Oz? If so who do you support here and who would you follow in Oz? Cheers

Hey, good thread!!!

We are St Helens die hards and apart from my friends and family, thats the one thing I really will miss about the UK. Ive been going about 24 years and my OH about 30 years!!!:notworthy:

We wold support Brisbane over there and obviously Queensland for the State of Origin. How good would it be to actually go to a S of O game !!!!!!:yes:

Who do you support here and the same question back to you???

Cath xx

ha my partner is a massive st helens and st george illawarra fan!

our move is being planned so our first few weeks we can go to a few world cup games as we are moving end of oct! which will be nice to travel around for a few weeks before we properly settle!

We have just moved to Wellington Point which is near Brisbane, So I'm following Brisbane Broncos. I followed Saints in the UK Super league, but my true team is my home town team. Barrow.

My first game here was Broncos against the Eels. Great game. Broncos scored the winner just after the full time hooter had gone. Brilliant kick through by Lockeyer. I was sat with a number of the Paramatta under 20 side.

I have also got my tickets for the World Cup final.

The Tuckers

I'm a massive Widnes fan, since 1984. The first game I witnessed was at Naughton Park against Bradford. Widnes won 2-1 :unsure:

If we ever get Down Under i'd probably follow the Roosters in Sydney or the Storm in Melbourne. Probably depends on where we choose to live!

Oh my, how cool would it be to go to a State of Origin match?:arghh:

I love the footy show too, its hilarious. Barry Mc and Terry O I think must be fans since they are trying to replicate the same humour on Sky....

We were 'soft southerners' in the UK, bloody hated rugby league :biglaugh: much preferred union but................

we absolutely love it here, Gold Coast Titans are the business!!! and winning plenty, especially at home - cr*p really when playing away LOL

Still love union but have been attending Titans home games - we live within walking distance of stadium - and thoroughly enjoy it - and I (Lyn) actually understand the rules :err: but .........

still haven't had a satisfactory answer as to what the pathetic bloody scrums are all about!!! LOL - excuse for a cuddle perhaps :)

Guest JoanneHattersley

Ok, I am a Brisbane BRoncos girl! My husband is not only impressed that I watch it and know about it but I know players names too! Think I shocked him last week!

State of Origin is brilliant - atmosphere in QLD is amazing. Is it the same in Sydney???

Game 3 is on 2nd July and the current score is NSW 1 QLD 1

Everything to play for! Come on you MaRoons!!!!!!

Guest Al&Jo

I started following Rugby Leauge about 6 years ago when I saw Kevin Sinfield playing for Leeds (my surname is Sinfield) I became a Leeds Rhinos fan there and then. I am originally from Bournemouth and had never heard of Rugby League 'till then!

As for who to support in Oz, I really don't know. We are moving to Wodonga on the Victoria/NSW boarder. We will actually be living in Victoria so it should be Melbourne Storm but it all depends who has the nicest kit!! sorry guys..

Guest Eindhoven

Hi

My hubby was not a major fan of RL but since we got here he's a changed man. He now supports the Manly Sea Eagles and ladies if you thought sport on TV was excessive in the UK it's worse here. It starts on Friday night and does not end until Monday night and it's not like there anything else decent on so there is no arguement for turning it over!

Guest Jo & Clem

Hi, I've supported Wigan since I was a teenager, but like the Tuckers have supported our local team Barrow for as long as I can remember. Steve is a Rugby Union fan. Going to Adelaide so will probably support Melbourne Storm.

Jo x

Guest POMMIE CATH
Hi

My hubby was not a major fan of RL but since we got here he's a changed man. He now supports the Manly Sea Eagles and ladies if you thought sport on TV was excessive in the UK it's worse here. It starts on Friday night and does not end until Monday night and it's not like there anything else decent on so there is no arguement for turning it over!

That sound like absolute heaven to me!!!:spinny:

And how lucky are you that you get to watch Jamie Lyon week in week out!!! I'm so jealous :notworthy:

Don't fight it, once you get into it you will be hooked, I guarantee it!!!

Cath xx

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest The Edwards Family

I'm a life long Salford fan(shocking I know)

Off to Sydney in 5 weeks, I'm leaning towards south Sydney but think I'm gonna 'float' for a few seasons and just pick the best fixture in Sydney and go to that.

Guest r0bly0ns

Bradford Bulls!

Who I will support in Oz depends on where I end up working & living, I'll go for my local team!

However I do kind of follow Storm at the moment, and Victoria are offering state sponsorship in my line of work.....

Archived