600 visitor visa refusal.

Stratocaster1959

They say as I have already spent 456 days in Australia on a 3 month and then 12 month visa as I have already spent enough time there as a tourist, Australia is a magnificent and huge country so I haven't seen nearly all of it ! They say I can not use the 600 for "pseudo residency" ! I didnt notice a ban on further applications, I will check.

Edited by Stratocaster1959

I have just had my 600 visitor visa application refused. My question is can I now apply for a 3 month visitor visa. I am planning to eventualy go for the de facto partner visa but think it would be easier to do this with my partner whilst we're together in Australia. Thanks in advance for any advice.

if you think you meet the criteria for a de facto visa then obviously they made the correct decision in refusing the visitor / tourist visa. I wouldn't attempt at another visitor visa tho.

Many thanks for your replies ... yes, 456 days in Australia is a long time but it's a huge, beautiful country and Iv'e only seen a fraction of it ! I was genuinely NOT trying to "blag" residency ! I am/we are planning to go for the De Facto partner visa as I was planning to do this anyway when I got back to Tasmania. All the best to you all on here and good luck to all who like me are trying to be a Pom In Oz (although I'm a Welshman and not a Pom) :smile:

I have just had my 600 visitor visa application refused. My question is can I now apply for a 3 month visitor visa

You need to be careful because even if you are granted an electronic visitor visa, you still risk being refused entry on arrival and your visa cancelled for not being a genuine tourist.

They say as I have already spent 456 days in Australia on a 3 month and then 12 month visa as I have already spent enough time there as a tourist, Australia is a magnificent and huge country so I haven't seen nearly all of it ! They say I can not use the 600 for "pseudo residency" ! I didnt notice a ban on further applications, I will check.

You cannot spend an indefinite time in Australia as a tourist, irrespective of how big the country is. There are specific Regulations in place preventing excessive periods of stay on certain visas such as Visitor visas. That is why your 600 was refused.

Many thanks for your replies ... yes, 456 days in Australia is a long time but it's a huge, beautiful country and Iv'e only seen a fraction of it ! I was genuinely NOT trying to "blag" residency ! I am/we are planning to go for the De Facto partner visa as I was planning to do this anyway when I got back to Tasmania. All the best to you all on here and good luck to all who like me are trying to be a Pom In Oz (although I'm a Welshman and not a Pom)

Although you can apply for a partner visa while in Australia, this has to be incidental to the reason for your trip. You should not enter Australia on a visitor visa with the express intention of applying for a Partner visa.

Some professional advice to formulate a workable visa strategy may be advisable.