Container Insurance

Guest The Brankins

Guest The Brankins

Moving to Brisbane the first week in August, at present organizing container for all our belongings for early July. Insurance optional but seems very expensive on top of cost of container, has anyone any views on the value of the insurance? and has anyone exported without having the insurance?

Moving to Brisbane the first week in August, at present organizing container for all our belongings for early July. Insurance optional but seems very expensive on top of cost of container, has anyone any views on the value of the insurance? and has anyone exported without having the insurance?

do you have house nd contents isurance, same thing any breaks ships sinks your call you gamble

Guest thepriceclan

We used a company called Letton Percival, they were much cheaper than the shipping agents.

Sarah.

HI WE COULDNT BELEIVE THE PRICE OF INSURANCE ON TOP OF THE CONTAINER UNTIL I RANG THEM TO COMPLAIN AND THEN I FOUND OUT THAT EVERYTHING IS INSURED UP TO £40 ON EACH ITEM THEN IF THE ITEM IS OVER £40 THEN THEY ADD EXTRA SO I HAD TO REVISE MY FORM AS I WAS INSURING EVERYTHING AGAIN WITHOUT ME KNOWING THIS SO THEN I ONLY HAD EXTRA INSURANCE ON MY PLASM TVS AND TOOL CASE AND THE PRICE CAME DOWN DRASTICALLY.

HOPE THAT DIDNT SOUND GOBBLEDY GOOK LOL:wacko:

HI WENDY

FOR 1/4 OF A CONTAINER IT CAME TO £1875 AND THAT WAS WITH EXTRA INSURANCE ON THINGS OVER £40.

WITH ANGLO PACIFIC:cute:

Guest The Brankins
HI WE COULDNT BELEIVE THE PRICE OF INSURANCE ON TOP OF THE CONTAINER UNTIL I RANG THEM TO COMPLAIN AND THEN I FOUND OUT THAT EVERYTHING IS INSURED UP TO £40 ON EACH ITEM THEN IF THE ITEM IS OVER £40 THEN THEY ADD EXTRA SO I HAD TO REVISE MY FORM AS I WAS INSURING EVERYTHING AGAIN WITHOUT ME KNOWING THIS SO THEN I ONLY HAD EXTRA INSURANCE ON MY PLASM TVS AND TOOL CASE AND THE PRICE CAME DOWN DRASTICALLY.

Thanks, really good advice, who did you use? we are using Crown.

Hi

Have you checked if your tvs work in oz, European tvs well a lot of them dont have the right frequency for oz and the sound dunt work unless you play it thro an oz dvd vid

malx

Hi

Have you checked if your tvs work in oz, European tvs well a lot of them dont have the right frequency for oz and the sound dunt work unless you play it thro an oz dvd vid

malx

We brought our plasma tv over and it works fine run through a set top box which was a whole lot cheaper than replacement telly.

Wish I'd known about the insurance thing :wacko: coz we paid 3% of value :arghh:

Lyn

Guest Sizeyuk

Hi, anyone with any advice. We are not taking any furniture, we sold it all when we sold the house. The only things we are taking just smal tv, dvd and videoplayer, also clothes, CD's DVD's, carton of photo albums and a few ornaments which are preciouse to us but of no great value, its hard to put a price on any of it. Anyone got any ideas, our intention at present is to ship it withour insurance.

Guest Sunsh1ne

Hi, we used Letton Percival too - rate was 1.6% of total goods - much cheaper than the removals firm who were quoting 3/3.5% - very simple process - itemise your goods and value them. We saved a fortune this way. Highly recommended. They can be googled.

Sunsh1ne

Archived