Doubting the move to Queensland! Did anyone else feel like this?

Suzannecopps

As we get very close to the big move to Oz! I'm starting to have major wobbles and overthinking everything!! Did anyone else have doubts before their move? So you now feel you made the right choice?

There's no way to know until you do it. The question is, what's the worst that can happen? You hate the boss, or discover that the employer has lied to you and it's nothing like you expected, or Brisbane is too hot and sticky and you can't afford anything like the lovely house you imagined - yes those things happen to a lot of 457 holders, but so what? You've tried it, you've learned a lesson and now you know the UK is the place for you. Since you're on a temporary visa, you've doubtless kept your house in the UK, you just have to get rid of the tenants and you can get back to your old life - perhaps a bit poorer in money terms but richer in experience.

I can honestly say I had not the slightest qualm about moving. I think it is because I tend to have the attitude that there is always another adventure ahead and I am free to go if I don't like it. If, as in fact happened to me, the goalposts change and someone takes that freedom away then yes, I would be worrying like hell and probably wouldn't do it

Thank you for all your comments X I was getting myself in such a pickle! But your all right what have we to loose! Me n hubby was chatting over a bottle o wine last night as you do lol. And said no more negativity we r doing this and like you said Marisawright we can always come home. We r now viewing it as a massive adventure which maybe short lived or long term who knows? I'm sounding really positive... I know!

Next week i bet im wobbling again but I think that's going to be the case until I'm at the airport and drinking my wine! ....did I mention I like wine:smile:

Thank you for all your comments X I was getting myself in such a pickle! But your all right what have we to loose! Me n hubby was chatting over a bottle o wine last night as you do lol. And said no more negativity we r doing this and like you said Marisawright we can always come home. We r now viewing it as a massive adventure which maybe short lived or long term who knows? I'm sounding really positive... I know!

Next week i bet im wobbling again but I think that's going to be the case until I'm at the airport and drinking my wine! ....did I mention I like wine:smile:

You might want to get that in writing! Check out the sticky thread on The Hague Convention too just so you are forearmed!

Quoll means about if one wants to return and the other doesnt, that the Hague convention will apply for kids and the parent wanting to return not being able to remove the kids from Aus without the other parents consent.

Oh I see...we dont have children (and unfortunately not in the future either)and believe me, where I go, my husband will follow X

That's what I thought LOL!

Anyway - if you don't have kids (and that may not be what you wanted in life!) then you won't have Hague Convention problems. I've just seen mention of a survey of women who are trapped by the HC and a staggering 85% said they had no idea that they could be thus constrained! We do try and give folk a heads up!