cuttin our losses!

Guest sharleen29

Guest melissa
Hi

You must of spent a fortune on the process, and if you dont validate its gonna cost a fortune again.......a solution all though not a sensible one, if i were in your shoes i would buy two tickets (trusting its just two of you going) to Aus and £500 spending on a credit card go out there validate and back back on a shoestring for a couple of weeks. When you get back you will have 4 years to pay the credit card back and 4 years to sell the house??? things will change. At least you wont have to go through the process again if you find in two years things are better. I know 2k is alot but it will cost you more in yhe long run if you decided to do it again and anyway think of it as a holiday!!

Go on you konw you want to!!

M&L

I must agree, if you borrowed the money, you can go for just a week. You probably deserve a holiday anyway. Wish you all the best in whatever you decide.

Darren.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lilly mist
. Our visas will expire on 8th Oct

I just re-read your post and you have till oct 8...you still have plenty of time for things to improve for you!!

Don't give up hope..I'm sure i can speak for all when i say we wish there was someway we could help!:unsure:

Hi Sharleen

you must be going through so many emotions, personally i would do as a few others have mentioned and beg, steal or borrow just to validate your visa, it would be cheaper than starting the application again also less stressful... the "credit crunch" has got to get better at some point.. there is a lot of us in the same situation.... can we sell? can we afford to go? our house sale fell thro middle of may just as it all started to hit the media and i can't tell you how i felt:cry: but i just think now we have got this far i am not turning back. i am going to oz eventually and no one is going to hold me back... if i let the problems we have here hold me back i may regret not going

i wish you the best of luck in what ever you do

lisax

Guest bruce&jackie

Hi Sharleen,

Just wanted to point out that you all have to go over to validate visa ie; children as well.

Would say search the web for off peak times to get flights and accommodation down to lowest possible but feel it will cost about £5000. 00 for you all. Like someone said earlier try to scape the money together and have a well earned holiday of a lifetime with the added bonus of giving you 5 years to relocate if you still wanted.

Chin up Jackie

Guest cantwait

Hi

I really feel for you. Like others have said, I would really try to scrape the money together for a validation trip. It will give you a long time to sell your house and then you will still have the option of staying or going.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Karen

X

:smile:

Guest scot2oz

when did yous start your process because we are applying for the same visa and are wondering how long it all takes

Hi Sharleen,

Just wanted to point out that you all have to go over to validate visa ie; children as well.

Would say search the web for off peak times to get flights and accommodation down to lowest possible but feel it will cost about £5000. 00 for you all. Like someone said earlier try to scape the money together and have a well earned holiday of a lifetime with the added bonus of giving you 5 years to relocate if you still wanted.

Chin up Jackie

Hi,

Sorry to turn this thread around a little, but I was always so sure it was just the main applicant who could validate. Have I got that all wrong?

Kate

Guest rachelj
Hi,

Sorry to turn this thread around a little, but I was always so sure it was just the main applicant who could validate. Have I got that all wrong?

Kate

Everyone who is going has to validate so kids too very expensive to do especially when you are saving for when you finally get there. rac

I agree too, you have gone through so much, you may was well see it to the end. You never know what will happen in 4 years time. You can relax alittle and maybe hubby will feel different when not so pressured. We all know what men are like if they feel pressured, they hide in corners, LOL.

Good luck and stay in touch, this site is not just about the people already in OZ.

Yes i agree with this...yes its a huge amount of money when you dont have any but...how many lives you gunna get..how many chances at chasing your dreams !!

If it's what your heart is truly set on then go for it, you need to decide what you want most....Settling for a life here ..or taking the chance of a life time with a few risks..

My heart goes out to you as this must be the lowest feeling, we have yet to cross the house market problems but i think if house doesn't sell we will be taking a chance on loans or even renting and going with nothing.

My mate just went out there with nothing in her pockets but a few weeks rent and her suit cases...They are as happy as pigs in *cough cough*

I guess it depends on the type of lifestyle you would be after, but i wish you all the best in what ever you decide!:wubclub:

Guest julie2g1b

hi there

i feel for you so much and understand as all the money we need to go is tied up in the house and no money to validate we have been on market since jan and renting is not an option, we have till dec to validate and looks like i will have to get a loan as hubby is maxed out on visa's and like someone said at least you have 4yrs to pay back and get over there which is a better deal than going through the visa process again and paying all that money out plus you could sell at anytime, then you like us will have the money to start a new life.

i wish you all the luck in the world

keep smiling

julie:wubclub:

Guest surburberella
Hi Sharleen

just like to say I think it is for the best. We have been here for 6 months now and has been the worse 6 months of our lives! We should have stayed in the Uk. Good luck. Probable 'blessing in disguise' for you.

Thats what I was thinking. I lived and breathed Melbourne for a year before coming and practically ignored my "crap" UK life. How I now long for it crap bits and all!

So much for better standard of living no mortgage. Property boomed here before we came and we now have a mortgage on a house in the burbs an hours drive from any 'life' at an interest rate of 9.6%. Hubby 3 hours commuting each day.

Pants!:nah:

Sharleen-try your best to enjoy the things you have where you are rather than obsessing about what you think you could have had. Not everything is rosy down here!

Guest taffy 62
Hi Sharleen

just like to say I think it is for the best. We have been here for 6 months now and has been the worse 6 months of our lives! We should have stayed in the Uk. Good luck. Probable 'blessing in disguise' for you.

Hi vul

Im feel the same as you I moved to Brisbane from Victoria and the last 6 months have been the longest of my life!!!!!

Sharleen

I agree try to validate, dont close all the doors try to keep one open, you never know what the future will bring I believe everything happens for a reason.

Guest earlswood
Thats what I was thinking. I lived and breathed Melbourne for a year before coming and practically ignored my "crap" UK life. How I now long for it crap bits and all!

So much for better standard of living no mortgage. Property boomed here before we came and we now have a mortgage on a house in the burbs an hours drive from any 'life' at an interest rate of 9.6%. Hubby 3 hours commuting each day.

Pants!:nah:

Sharleen-try your best to enjoy the things you have where you are rather than obsessing about what you think you could have had. Not everything is rosy down here!

That is a great post...I agree with every word.....the grass is not greener.

Guest surburberella
hi all

i hated perth for the first 18 months ,but now i love the place

scott

What made you change your mind? Anything in particular or did you just wake up one day luvvin' it?

Guest surburberella
That is a great post...I agree with every word.....the grass is not greener.

No-it's browner..and drier..and deader...:yes:

Hi,

Kate

The main applicant has to validate their visa in order for everyone else to do so but everyone must validate their visas before the expiry date. For example I was the main applicant - my hubby could not enter oz on the visa before I did but he could have waited in the UK for a bit longer and let me go off on my own if we had needed to. He would still have needed to have arrived in Oz by March 24th 08 though.

Felicity:wubclub:

Guest jayandfamily

hi

hope you dont mind me asking but why has it been the worst 6 months as we hav started the process of moving to oz.

thanks jay and family

Guest JoanneHattersley

It would be such a shame to let it all go now after everything that you have all been through

Guest itskaren
hi

hope you dont mind me asking but why has it been the worst 6 months as we hav started the process of moving to oz.

thanks jay and family

Hi we have just been working from more or less day one. Everything is so expensive from food, property,just everything. We are in a rented house and will be for a while. We came here for a better lifestyle but as we are working all hours just to get by it defeats the object. We have not social life whatsoever because of work.

Perhaps we might get to like it I am trying! I work as a nurse and feel the hospitals are at least 20 years behind the UK hospitals. The Health system is so much better in the UK. I am beginning to hate just about everything about Australia. I know not the right attituide I am trying to hide if from the kids. We have decided to 'ride out the storm' and go back in a year or two.

I just wish I had my time again and decided on not coming to Oz. I know people will disagree with me.

I really hope it will be different for everyone else.

My opinion anyway!

Guest earlswood
Hi we have just been working from more or less day one. Everything is so expensive from food, property,just everything. We are in a rented house and will be for a while. We came here for a better lifestyle but as we are working all hours just to get by it defeats the object. We have not social life whatsoever because of work.

Perhaps we might get to like it I am trying! I work as a nurse and feel the hospitals are at least 20 years behind the UK hospitals. The Health system is so much better in the UK. I am beginning to hate just about everything about Australia. I know not the right attituide I am trying to hide if from the kids. We have decided to 'ride out the storm' and go back in a year or two.

I just wish I had my time again and decided on not coming to Oz. I know people will disagree with me.

I really hope it will be different for everyone else.

My opinion anyway!

That is what I bang on about and get some right stick for it.....but it IS true.

Guest TheArmChairDetective
Hubby informed me that he wasnt that fussed on going after all, (which devasted me!).

Sorry to read about this sharleen, I reckon that hubby was just saying what he thought was the right thing to say to lighten your disappointment though and he's probably as upset as you really.

I would try to validate if you can, think of it as insurance...and a good holiday...if nothing else.

keep in touch with us all

Guest Hammer

Hi Chin up Sharleen,

Perhaps it not ment to be right now. I think there are so many different circumstances all we can do speak of our experiences without imposing them on others.

We have alot of friends that are more than willing to shower us with negatives on going and we've had a few trials and probably will have to come but have decided that staying is more of a challenge with less prospects than going.

On the other side we have close friends, both couples with a teenage child with a 15 year difference in age who moved to NZ last June.

They both have their problems most different, some the same in fact on paper they are both worse off than they were here. Both know it's early days but both have said coming back is'nt at all on their minds.

There are so many variables that no 2 cases are exactly the same. I think high expectation can destroy dreams. Nowhere is perfect. My friends in Nz say some things are better, some are worse, some are just different. It's how you want to adjust thats the Key in their case. Thats how i hope i can look at it.

Look luck Sharleen and keep your dreams for another day, it will come.

Keith

Archived