cuttin our losses!

Guest sharleen29

Guest sharleen29

Hi ppl, havnt posted or been on for ages. Well we hav decided not to go after all. Our visas will expire on 8th Oct and we cant afford to validate. We took the house off the market as nothin is movin here no matter how much you drop your price.

Hubby informed me that he wasnt that fussed on going after all, (which devasted me!).

Everything seems to be against us ie: the housing market, exchange rate etc. We would not hav half the money to go with than we thought when we first started the whole process. I feel empty, with not much to look forward to. For the last 18months i hav lived and breathed Australia. I unpacked boxes y'day which i had packed thinking we would be there by now! (i had a secret cry to myself) Maybe when the economy picks up we can get the visas again!

I wish you ALL happiness with your new lives Down Under, and for those of u still in the process Hang In There it will be your turn soon!

All the Best,

Sharleen xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharleen, That is real sad news and if I win the lottery soon I will pay your flight to validate your Visa :yes:. Really feel sad for you.

It may still happen one day you never know what is around the corner.

Yep stay on here and chat with us still

Big Hugz Kimx

hi there, good luck with your decision, can't think how you feel right now, you never know whats around the corner though! best wishes.

hehe great minds think alike !! You typed yours as I was typing mine:wubclub:

Guest itskaren

Hi Sharleen

just like to say I think it is for the best. We have been here for 6 months now and has been the worse 6 months of our lives! We should have stayed in the Uk. Good luck. Probable 'blessing in disguise' for you.

Guest planky

Sharleen........maybe it just wasnt meant to happen.......so sorry for you though, my hubby twisting his face at the moment too, could murder him...lol, and if he changes his mind i will!!!!!!!!!

best wishes hun

alison

Guest traybears

im Really Sorry That Its Turned Out Like This.things Will Improve In Time (the Market) So Hopefully Y'll Still Get There One Day.ask Yourselves Which Is Cheaper Though,re-aplng For Visa's Or Validating Your Visa's? GOOD LUCK!!Tracy.xx.

Guest The Griswolds
Hi ppl, havnt posted or been on for ages. Well we hav decided not to go after all. Our visas will expire on 8th Oct and we cant afford to validate. We took the house off the market as nothin is movin here no matter how much you drop your price.

Hubby informed me that he wasnt that fussed on going after all, (which devasted me!).

Everything seems to be against us ie: the housing market, exchange rate etc. We would not hav half the money to go with than we thought when we first started the whole process. I feel empty, with not much to look forward to. For the last 18months i hav lived and breathed Australia. I unpacked boxes y'day which i had packed thinking we would be there by now! (i had a secret cry to myself) Maybe when the economy picks up we can get the visas again!

I wish you ALL happiness with your new lives Down Under, and for those of u still in the process Hang In There it will be your turn soon!

All the Best,

Sharleen xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sorry to hear that but never say never eh! to be honest i think there will be a lot more like you who just can't sell their houses. Can't you rent yours out????

Hi Sharleen,

So sorry to hear your news completely understand though as was thinking the same thing just the other day - if only I hadn't waited so long to start the process. Sending you loads of good wishes and defo stay with us !!! Fingers crossed something good happens !!

All the best,

Nikci

Sorry To Hear That Sharleen ... Mr K And Myself Were Only Talking This Morn About "plan B " [which We Aint Got ] Lol If The Worst Should Happen ... Its So Sad That You Have Went Through The Long Process To Get Visa ... To Find At The End Of The Day You Cant Afford To Leave This God Forsaken Place !!!

Hope Everything Works Out For You And As Others Have Said Who Knows Whats Just Around The Corner

Mrs Keily X

Guest bruce&jackie

Hi Sharleen,

Don't really know what to say, your head must be all over the place. All i can say is take your time, take stock of all the great things in your life.

You have your health and your family enjoy them and i'm sure things will be better after a while. Keep posting you never know what the future holds.

I really think there will be alot more people in this position in the coming months.:sad:

Take care Jackie

Guest wardy

Great post Jackie :wubclub:

So sorry Sharleen that you find yourself in this position, I can completely empathise with you.

Our house completion has still not finalised and we had to borrow the money to validate :goofy: I am dreading paying it back if it does not go through.

As others have said I dont think you will be the only one going through this in the coming months. I know thats no comfort sorry

Best wishes

Hi

You must of spent a fortune on the process, and if you dont validate its gonna cost a fortune again.......a solution all though not a sensible one, if i were in your shoes i would buy two tickets (trusting its just two of you going) to Aus and £500 spending on a credit card go out there validate and back back on a shoestring for a couple of weeks. When you get back you will have 4 years to pay the credit card back and 4 years to sell the house??? things will change. At least you wont have to go through the process again if you find in two years things are better. I know 2k is alot but it will cost you more in yhe long run if you decided to do it again and anyway think of it as a holiday!!

Go on you konw you want to!!

M&L

Guest earlswood

Sharleen, I belive in fate and if it aint meant to happen it aint gonna happen...It might just be a blessing in disguse and could have saved you a lot of money and heartache if you did get over here and did not like it.

Good Luck.

Hi Sharleen

I dont want to make light of your situation, but im posting this in the hope it makes you smile.

Geoffrey

Medical problem

An old woman came into her doctor's office and confessed to an embarrassing problem. "I do that all the time, Doctor Johnson, but they're soundless, and they have no odor. In fact, since I've been here, I did it no less than twenty times. What can I do?"

"Here's a prescription, Mrs. Harris. Take these pills three times a day for seven days and come back and see me in a week."

Next week an upset Mrs. Harris marched into Dr. Johnson's office. "Doctor, I don't know what was in those pills, but the problem is worse! I'm doing it just as much, but now it smells terrible! What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Calm down, Mrs. Harris," said the doctor soothingly. "Now that we've fixed your sinuses, we'll work on your hearing!!!"

Guest lilly mist
Hi

You must of spent a fortune on the process, and if you dont validate its gonna cost a fortune again.......a solution all though not a sensible one, if i were in your shoes i would buy two tickets (trusting its just two of you going) to Aus and £500 spending on a credit card go out there validate and back back on a shoestring for a couple of weeks. When you get back you will have 4 years to pay the credit card back and 4 years to sell the house??? things will change. At least you wont have to go through the process again if you find in two years things are better. I know 2k is alot but it will cost you more in yhe long run if you decided to do it again and anyway think of it as a holiday!!

Go on you konw you want to!!

M&L

Yes i agree with this...yes its a huge amount of money when you dont have any but...how many lives you gunna get..how many chances at chasing your dreams !!

If it's what your heart is truly set on then go for it, you need to decide what you want most....Settling for a life here ..or taking the chance of a life time with a few risks..

My heart goes out to you as this must be the lowest feeling, we have yet to cross the house market problems but i think if house doesn't sell we will be taking a chance on loans or even renting and going with nothing.

My mate just went out there with nothing in her pockets but a few weeks rent and her suit cases...They are as happy as pigs in *cough cough*

I guess it depends on the type of lifestyle you would be after, but i wish you all the best in what ever you decide!:wubclub:

Oh no! Give your husband a good kick up the backside for saying what he did.

Is there no way you can borrow the funds just for at least one of you to go and validate the visa? You don't have to stay just get it validated. It'd be such a shame if in a year the housing market is back on track.

I hope that you're OK.

Good luck with the next steps.

Kate

Archived