Woohoo we can get the ball rolling now

CharmedP3

Just when we thought things had to be put on hold 'cos OH got made redundant a couple of weeks ago (and didn't get paid for MAY)....a little bit of good "fortune" came our way today!

I just renewed our Tax credits claim and because I earned very little last year due to mat leave, they have backdated and credited over £2000 to our bank account today!! :jiggy:

This means we can now afford to 1) Renew all our passports 2) pay a deposit to our agent to get things rolling there and 3) Pay off (most) the credit card balance (which what we had to rely on without hubbys wage...

We should also get his final pay and redundancy pay off the gov't in a couple of weeks which will be more than enough to cover all the rest of the agents/application fee's!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! Oh and the other good news is Hubby just landed himself another job today too!!!

Guest gothicqueen
I hate to be the bearer of bad new but the tax credit people told me they had underpaid me and then a few months later told me I owed them thousands!!!

Me too :cry: and since then not even tried to claim :nah: as that worried that we will be in the same situation as then and cant pay it back...........

But if its definately due to you, good on you, I so could do with a little windfall myself! And well done to your hubby fab news the job market is pants at the moment so thats great!

Guest pag44

Thats great news, we had a windfall like that too .... ours was fine, if you earnt less than you claimed for last year that would say this is due so enjoy. And congrats to your OH. They say things come in threes you got your lottery ticket for tomorrow? Remember me when you're numbers come in:biglaugh:

Archived