Finally made it but want to go home... I think.

CRP82

I know how you feel. I overthink everything and suffer from anxiety too. If you've been struggling for work then it definitely makes it harder to feel settled. Have you started your new Australian job yet? Maybe you could give it a few more months and see how you feel after? If you do decide to go home then there's no shame in it at all. I agree that the coin tossing is a good idea, I've had do that a few times haha

Hi all. Thanks for the responses. There was some really insightful comments.

After discussing my situation with a friend on Monday, she tried to list all the reasons I should stay in Australia. She was right in everything she said, but it caused me to have a panic attack in the restaurant, very embarrassing!

I decided that my body must be telling me something and made the decision to return to England. Which is wear I am now. It feels very strange and during the fight I strongly felt like I had made a mistake. The job in England starts next week and the one in Australia still stands. So I am contemplating returning to Australia. But maybe I should just put the whole thing to bed and get on with my life and stop adding to the anxiety.

After discussing my situation with a friend on Monday, she tried to list all the reasons I should stay in Australia. She was right in everything she said, but it caused me to have a panic attack in the restaurant, very embarrassing!

I decided that my body must be telling me something and made the decision to return to England. Which is wear I am now. It feels very strange and during the fight I strongly felt like I had made a mistake. The job in England starts next week and the one in Australia still stands. So I am contemplating returning to Australia. But maybe I should just put the whole thing to bed and get on with my life and stop adding to the anxiety.

OMG talk about impulsive! :goofy:

Where is all your stuff? What did you do about your home?

I haven't reread the thread but I think somebody said something about separating your anxiety from your decisions, I don't think your body was telling you anything for what it is worth.

Wow. That was quick.

I was serious about the yoga. I actually did Tai chi as I didn't think I had the flexibility for yoga. It helped me through a bad patch, and I don't suffer from anxiety much these days. I would do this in conjunction with medical help rather than instead.

What country you live in or what job you do is neither here nor there. But your health is important.

Get better then you can make decisions which will make you happy.

You are a bit like the male version of me lol. Anxiety is a horrible thing. If you're in England now then you're maybe best just trying yo make it work, even maybe just for a short period like a year. Stay I'm one place and get some help for your anxiety. You could go back to Australia and feel the exact same. you've got PR and if you want to go back one day then that's possible. Definitely try get on top of the anxiety as much as possible

You are a bit like the male version of me lol. Anxiety is a horrible thing. If you're in England now then you're maybe best just trying yo make it work, even maybe just for a short period like a year. Stay I'm one place and get some help for your anxiety. You could go back to Australia and feel the exact same. you've got PR and if you want to go back one day then that's possible. Definitely try get on top of the anxiety as much as possible

I'd assumed female.

CRP82 I'm not surprised by your quick decision to return to the UK, I've done the same, but just as quickly returned to Australia. Uncertainty can prompt many of us to want to be somewhere else no matter where we are.

Perhaps anxiety does play a part in your difficulties, not knowing whether to remain or leave Australia (sounds a bit like Brexit!), though if after a while you feel that the UK isn't the best place for you, don't be afraid to move back to Oz. You've travelled between the two countries before, so the length of the flights are no big deal.

Are you happy with your new job, and do you get along with your work colleagues?

Are you happy with where you live and the general location?

Are there any aspects you like and don't like in the UK?

Have you previously disliked the UK's weather which prompted you to return to Australia, and did the weather in Australia play a part in your move back to the UK?

There are many things which play a part in our feelings, likes and dislikes, we have to try and sort out which are more important.

Thanks again everyone.

The employer in Australia says I can start in a month, including flights back to Australia (via America for training) so I figure I'll try out the new job and England for a few weeks and then see how I feel. Hopefully the anxiety medication I have been prescribed will have kicked in by then.