Is an MA needed? or is my case simple enough?

SUPERSTARDJ01

It is possible the federal government will pause processing some of the actual visa applications from time to time too. But it starts again, it is just one of those things.

or the minister might invoke Section 39 and 'cap and cease' applicants:

[h=3]MIGRATION ACT 1958 - SECT 39[/h]Criterion limiting number of visas (1) In spite of section 14 of the Legislation Act 2003 , a prescribed criterion for visas of a class, other than protection visas, may be the criterion that the grant of the visa would not cause the number of visas of that class granted in a particular financial year to exceed whatever number is fixed by the Minister, by legislative instrument, as the maximum number of such visas that may be granted in that year (however the criterion is expressed).

(2) For the purposes of this Act, when a criterion allowed by subsection (1) prevents the grant in a financial year of any more visas of a particular class, any outstanding applications for the grant in that year of visas of that class are taken not to have been made.

We've never visited Australia and my wife want s holiday there first so were going in April 2017 and I'm 100% sure she'll want to make the move.

A holiday doesn't say much about living there. You need to research that. This gives me the impression that at the moment she isn't very keen on the move? If so, then I would urge you to be very cautious. This is one of the most stressful things you will do and if one party wasn't 100% then it is a recipe for disaster.

My my advice is to start the process as soon as possible as things can change and eligibility disappear. At the same time you BOTH need to research if this is right for you. For example, many midwives report that the work system in Australia is very different and not necessarily in a good way.

A holiday doesn't say much about living there. You need to research that. This gives me the impression that at the moment she isn't very keen on the move? If so, then I would urge you to be very cautious. This is one of the most stressful things you will do and if one party wasn't 100% then it is a recipe for disaster.

My my advice is to start the process as soon as possible as things can change and eligibility disappear. At the same time you BOTH need to research if this is right for you. For example, many midwives report that the work system in Australia is very different and not necessarily in a good way.

The complete opposite, she's really keen, how-ever if it was just the 2 of us we would just go, but we have 3 small children so doing it the correct way, going on holiday first will at least give us an idea of what Cairns is like, we've done tonnes of research and we're both very keen, I've looked at the midwifery in au and the public hospitals are much the same but private is more care and no birthing which she'd fine with and actually prefers working on the wards, she wants warmer weather all year round so Cairns seems the best fit, we know they have some adverse weather from time to time, it would how-ever be expensive and a waste of money to start the process if we decided it's not for us, perhaps I could convince her to register with AHPRA which would shave a couple of months off.

Archived