The big move to Queensland!

Suzannecopps

It's so great to read all these positives. We're planning a move out to south Brisbane in early 2017 and positive stories really help! Very excited about the opportunity but still a little terrified! Thanks for posting the good news stuff.

Hi, i live in South Brisbane, if you need any help or advice please let me know

We have Lived In Queensland for 32 years,Forget the Spiders the mozzies etc,Although we think it's a Must to wear Sun Screen,and Insect Repellent You Will Mind The Heat here,unless you are a android.Because Some Years It's Oppressive.and goes on and on.Night and Day.But Apart from that There Are a lot More Negatives Coming to Australia at this point in time.It's fine for people that are set up here,with a good job,and their house paid for.I see People on Here saying Don't listen to the doom and gloomers.We have been here X amount of years and it's great.For Some It Is. For Others It's a living Nightmare.I have warned my Relatives Not To just sell up and move here.Come over By all means,But get a Job first.And see how it goes.Now Is The Worst Time to come to Australia.It's been on the News about Australia's economy,It's heading for recession.They Said This Morning WA is heading for deep Depression,Qld is Already in Recession.The Places You have Picked Were You Want To Live ,Are Probaly the most expensive places to go to.Starting Off u need to go to the cheapest.And that Would Be Beenleigh.Eagleby,Waterford,Logan Lea.All arround That Area. It's working class area.There's no Train From were you Picked,The Train To Brisbane Starts at Beenleigh and it takes,up to 3 hours to get to Roma Street in the City.The MI which you would use if u went by car, is the most Congested road to Brisbane.it's a Car park at peak hours.Sun Sea and Laid Back people,Is A myth.But Thats for u to find out. As they Say ,It's all up to The Individual.

Its been so good to hear all you views and takes on living in Brisbane. And I am feeling so much more positive about my new job and move (although Zack - you have worried me slightly about the recession LOL) You know - I have worried myself silly about all the what if's... But no more! You only live once and life is certainly no dress rehearsal, so I am going to throw caution to the wind and go for it - even though its a 457! Who cares at most ill have a nice adventure and England to come home to after four years and if I am lucky I may get a PR!

I think my location decisions can only be made once I experience it myself but I will definitely be taking your sound advice on board and it has helped me immensely.

So off we will go to Oz, armed with a abundance of insect repellent and fly swatters LOL !!:laugh:

Its been so good to hear all you views and takes on living in Brisbane. And I am feeling so much more positive about my new job and move (although Zack - you have worried me slightly about the recession LOL) You know - I have worried myself silly about all the what if's... But no more! You only live once and life is certainly no dress rehearsal, so I am going to throw caution to the wind and go for it - even though its a 457! Who cares at most ill have a nice adventure and England to come home to after four years and if I am lucky I may get a PR!

I think my location decisions can only be made once I experience it myself but I will definitely be taking your sound advice on board and it has helped me immensely.

So off we will go to Oz, armed with a abundance of insect repellent and fly swatters LOL !!:laugh:

Wishing you all the best..... Real positive attitude.

It may work... It may not.

But with a negative attitude you'd never do it.....so good for you!

Its been so good to hear all you views and takes on living in Brisbane. And I am feeling so much more positive about my new job and move (although Zack - you have worried me slightly about the recession LOL)

Take a look at his past posts and then put your worries behind you.

You have to love Zack....trains to Brisbane start at Beenleigh.....wow, did someone just destroy the line the rest of the way to the Gold Coast? And trains take 3 hours from the city to Beenleigh? Maybe there is a second Beenleigh somewhere......?