Age care workers sol list 2016

Kell

Hi guys ' Ive been doing a lot of research and I think that my job as a personal care worker/age care worker will be returning on the 2016 sol list, or am I wrong , ones anyone else think the same .

That article says they will be in demand in the next few years, (thats obvious with an older population) but doesnt mean it will go on the skills list next year. Unless its a senior or nursing role in age care you only need a Cert III to work here in Age Care, I wouldnt think that would be enough to put it on the skills list, probably am wrong, you never know, they have all sorts of occupations on the list that there are not shortgages for.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm an age care worker everything I have read suggests that there is a demand , but they have released the sol list on some web pages with no evidence of that it will go back on, which leaves me gutted , I'm hoping there is still more to go on the list as the official date is the 1st of July

Residential Care Officer might be an option, if you can find a sponsor/nominator.

It does not hurt to consult a registered migration agent for advice about whether a viable visa strategy can be developed.

Hi do you think that I could get a visa and if so what visa , I have looked at the residential care officer and it was pretty similar to my last role . The only problem I have is that I have an nvq 2 as I was also doing my nvq 3 but had to stop half way through , thanks for replying much appriciated .

Hi do you think that I could get a visa and if so what visa , I have looked at the residential care officer and it was pretty similar to my last role . The only problem I have is that I have an nvq 2 as I was also doing my nvq 3 but had to stop half way through , thanks for replying much appriciated .

[h=3]Residential Care Officer (ANZSCO Code 411715)[/h]

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then three additional years of highly relevant employment are required.

If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of employment at an appropriate skill level, completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to one year if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

• 1 month later...
Hi guys ' Ive been doing a lot of research and I think that my job as a personal care worker/age care worker will be returning on the 2016 sol list, or am I wrong , ones anyone else think the same .

Hi

I have been looking at this occupation as i am a home manager you can possible get into canberra or act.

i would like to go to perth so no good for me good luck :wink:

Qualifications are going to be key - anyone can do a cert III (or equivalent) so if you are desperate for some reason, get yourself upskilled to back up any experience you may have. Maybe even retrain altogether so you have something that is going to stay in demand.

• 10 months later...

Hello, I am new to this community. I am planning to nominate residential care officer for Tasmania application. But, I am discouraged with the qualification of finishing Diploma as I only finished Cert 4 in Aged Care. Do I have a chance of having positive assessment for residential care officer? I have 5 years working experience as a Personal Care Worker in nursing homes? Or do I have to do Diploma course?

thanks for any information 

Archived