Awaiting legal action

rohankappor

Given this is a mainly 'poms' in Oz forum you may struggle to find anyone who can answer this for you other than one of the agents. You posted this question a little while back and didn't get much response either. As people from the UK are less likely to be affected by dowry issues I'm not sure this repeat question is going to get you any further.

Dowry charges! Are you serious? I would like to hear that story. I thought that sort of stuff was ancient history along with the caste system.

Still in India people demand dowry ,therefore there are law in India against it,but for past few years it has been misused to extort money from Male party like in my case :arghh:

Not really sure why so many people are being dismissive of this question. As far as I can tell, his question is: do pending criminal charges (as opposed to a conviction) in a person's home country affect their Australian student visa (I presume a student visa that has already been granted, rather than an application). I'm not familiar with the requirements for a student visa, but it's quite possible that someone on here does have the experience / knowledge to be able to answer the question. (For what it's worth, I would have thought that only actual convictions could have a bearing on a person's visa status).

Not really sure why so many people are being dismissive of this question. As far as I can tell, his question is: do pending criminal charges (as opposed to a conviction) in a person's home country affect their Australian student visa (I presume a student visa that has already been granted, rather than an application). I'm not familiar with the requirements for a student visa, but it's quite possible that someone on here does have the experience / knowledge to be able to answer the question. (For what it's worth, I would have thought that only actual convictions could have a bearing on a person's visa status).

If there is an impending serious charge back home DIBP may want it resolved before granting a visa. I nwo I for one have no clue whether this is serious, or even whether its criminal or civil! Hence my suggestion. Aforum for migrating Indians may have others who have been in the same position......

Do you know the answer, maybe?

Archived