UK house sale

Paige03

Hi.

Hopefully this is really straightforward to answer. If we sell our UK property before moving to Australia (house would not have been let out at any point and is our only home and main residence ) and then transfer the profit we have to an Australian bank, currently at £ 170k so quite a large amount, with that money only then being used for a deposit on a home in Australia, do we pay any tax on this in Australia, e.g CGT?

Thanks.

Hi.

Hopefully this is really straightforward to answer. If we sell our UK property before moving to Australia (house would not have been let out at any point and is our only home and main residence ) and then transfer the profit we have to an Australian bank, currently at £ 170k so quite a large amount, with that money only then being used for a deposit on a home in Australia, do we pay any tax on this in Australia, e.g CGT?

Thanks.

No.

No but there is a 10% processing fee into a private account. PM me and I'll give you the details!

Never heard of a processing fee before and that too at 10%? Doesnt sound right to charge someone to just move their money from UK to Australia?

I did not see any other posts where there is such a charge of 10% if I were to move money from my UK account via moneycorp and into an Australia bank account - have I missed something?

KnK

Never been charged by bank. Always use a forex company. Only charge I ever have is CHAPS fee for larger amounts, otherwise use normal faster transfers to forex company who deposit dollars into account

Maybe the charge is for receiving pounds? Even then 10%?

Transfered cash recently too, just before rare dived thankfully. No charges either end.

No but there is a 10% processing fee into a private account. PM me and I'll give you the details!

Never heard of any processing fee and 10%!!!!!!!!. We moved considerably more than £170,000 via Moneycorp. Our UK bank has a £10,000 daily limit for cash transfers unless you want to pay a (modest) fee for a CHAPS transfer. But there is no charge this end for the Aus bank receiving this money. No processing fees. I fear that you may have been ripped off.

Archived