A quick hello from the UK!

VERYSTORMY

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes excellent news - sorry for going way off topic.

The main thing is you are all back safe & sound and starting on your new adventure. Great time of year to be coming back

Just the small matter of "jet lag" to sort out !!

A quick update.

My wife and little fella arrived safe and well yesterday - though we didn't get back from picking him up from the animal centre at Heathrow until 11pm and I had to be in work for 6:15 this morning. So a bit bleary eyed. But don't care as it is just great to know they are here and currently sleeping soundly in bed.

We got to the cottage and we went in the garden together. It was interesting as he could clearly smell it was very different. Not just a new place, but he seemed to know it was something very different.

It's funny, our little dog has been here for five years now, but whenever he hears an Australian bird/animal on the tv he pricks his ears up and trots over to the tv to have a look/listen.

We had a couple of our daughters' friends staying in January and although he hasn't seen them for over six years, he went absolutely nuts when they arrived. They don't forget.

Enjoy having them both back with you - you've brought spring with you too, so thanks for that!

It's funny, our little dog has been here for five years now, but whenever he hears an Australian bird/animal on the tv he pricks his ears up and trots over to the tv to have a look/listen.

We had a couple of our daughters' friends staying in January and although he hasn't seen them for over six years, he went absolutely nuts when they arrived. They don't forget.

Enjoy having them both back with you - you've brought spring with you too, so thanks for that!

when we first emigrated our Auntys dog was obviously used to Aussie accents and did not understand when we said H'away ( come along for those not inducted into north east speak ) We had to say to her C'mon and she understood

When our boy goes I am going to put a letter in with him his name is Ralphy but because we are NE it's pronounced Rarfi

Good that you say they don't forget worrying about my boys ten days in quarantine

when we first emigrated our Auntys dog was obviously used to Aussie accents and did not understand when we said H'away ( come along for those not inducted into north east speak ) We had to say to her C'mon and she understood

When our boy goes I am going to put a letter in with him his name is Ralphy but because we are NE it's pronounced Rarfi

Good that you say they don't forget worrying about my boys ten days in quarantine

Our's didn't have to go into quarantine, but he hadn't seen me or our daughters for months when he arrived here. He came through the arrivals centre at Heathrow after landing only two hours before, saw us and looked at us as if to say, 'Oh, there you are. Where's the car?'. He hopped in back, we drove to Cheshire, he hopped out straight into my parent's house and lay down on the rug as if he'd always lived there! He was never stressed about it at all.

Hopefully Ralphy will be just as chilled when he arrives in Aus.

Years ago, I was on holiday in Turkey and strolling through a village with some friends. My mate walked past this dog which was lying outside somebody's house and said "Here boy" and patted his knees. The dog jumped up and trotted over for a pat.

My mates wife just stood there gobsmacked. She said "That's incredible, the dog understands English!".

Archived