Parents migrating with a cpv but i dont know if i pass as the aos

Biggers

:laugh:hello wise ones!'

my parents are in the beginning stages of applying for the 143 contributory parent visa. They are using a migration agent and have so far found and paid for an agent in Brisbane and have completed the questioaire (a requirement from the agency). They want to apply for the visa by the end of March. My question is regarding the assurance of support, as I am their daughter (I will have been a permanent resident for 2 years in October this year) I will be the sponsor and the assurance of support.

I have a couple of worries though.

My fiancé and i had a baby in March last year and I stopped working along with my partner in February 2015 (my partner stopped in March of the same year). I have been working casually for my company from about sept but it's been very little hours, my partner has been getting paid centerlink as he took some well deserved time off after running his own business for a year so this year has not received a wage.

My question is - will we still be able to be the AOS for mum and dad? And what is the 'cap' that you need to have earnt to be AOS? the migration agent was unable to give me any answers and said its all linked to centerlink.. But we all know what it's like to get any sense from them!!  any help and advise would be greatly appreciated !

amy

:laugh:hello wise ones!'

my parents are in the beginning stages of applying for the 143 contributory parent visa. They are using a migration agent and have so far found and paid for an agent in Brisbane and have completed the questioaire (a requirement from the agency). They want to apply for the visa by the end of March. My question is regarding the assurance of support, as I am their daughter (I will have been a permanent resident for 2 years in October this year) I will be the sponsor and the assurance of support.

I have a couple of worries though.

My fiancé and i had a baby in March last year and I stopped working along with my partner in February 2015 (my partner stopped in March of the same year). I have been working casually for my company from about sept but it's been very little hours, my partner has been getting paid centerlink as he took some well deserved time off after running his own business for a year so this year has not received a wage.

My question is - will we still be able to be the AOS for mum and dad? And what is the 'cap' that you need to have earnt to be AOS? the migration agent was unable to give me any answers and said its all linked to centerlink.. But we all know what it's like to get any sense from them!!  any help and advise would be greatly appreciated !

amy

First thing I'd be doing is getting a new agent - you pay them to answer that kind of question.

We've Just emailed them. We got a response from the 'manager' last night who said that she would be looking into it for us as we had explained that our Quiries had not been acknowledged, never mind answered! I was suggested these agents by a friend who I know from work in the uk who had (prior to having a baby) worked for them as an agent. We fully believed that they're were good agents. We were passed onto to the agent who is dealing with us now though and I Just down feel we are being treated fairly!

Isabel. This is what I am trying to find out! Your response is very unhelpful!!

My partner is currently working BUT is Doing his apprenticeship, he was 'on the dole' for around 7 months of the year and then we went for to the uk to take our son for 8 weeks. Previously to that he was running his own business and with she birth of our son was lucky enough to be able to take some time off as we had some savings. At this stage mum and dad coming to the uk was 'just talk' and we didn't actually believe they were seriously thinking it UNTIL we went back in November. Dice then we have come back and Adam has started his apprenteshio (I realize I didn't mention this in the first post, but I was just trying to make then

oint that we had earnt hardly anything between us in the last year).

basically I want to know what our options are regarding being the AOS. Do we need to look for help from family? I just want to know to explore the various options

I think the assurance of support for this visa is 10 years If you're the only family resident in Aus then theoretically the money has to come from you (although other family members could contribute or your parents can pay you the money to pay the bank). The first hurdle to jump through is if your annual income meets the income threshold detailed below.

Assurer eligibilityTo become an assurer, you must:

• have an income greater than the income threshold for assurers for the current and previous financial years
  • be an Australian resident
  • be 18 or older
  • provide confirmation of identity, and
  • be able to get a bank guarantee, if required

[h=4]Income threshold for assurers[/h]The level of income you need to become an assurer will depend on:

• the number of people in your immediate family
  • the numbers of adults you are seeking to assure, and
  • whether there are any other assurers. For example, if you are giving a joint Assurance of Support

The minimum amount of income you must show is based on the annual rate of New Start allowance. If you have dependent children, it will also be based on Family Tax Benefit Part A. The income threshold increases according to the number of dependent children you have and the number of adults (a maximum of 2) covered by the Assurance of Support

New start is currently $472.60 fortnightly (partnered) - don't know what family tax credit A is. Meeting this criteria allows you to be the assurer. (The website does say that they may want to interview you and also that they decide if you can be an assurer or not).

For this visa you have to make a bank guarantee

Assurance of Support bank guarantee

For a 10 year Assurance of Support, the bank guarantee is:

• $10,000 for 1 adult visa applicant and
  • $14,000 if there are 2 adult visa applicants

Where the assurer is an organisation, the organisation must provide a guarantee of:

• $10,000 for a 2 year Assurance of Support and
  • $20,000 for a 10 year Assurance of Support

If your assuree, or any of their dependants, receives a recoverable income support payment during the Assurance of Support period, a debt will occur. Any debts not covered by the bank guarantee will be a debt that you owe. Any assurer should be prepared to deposit money with the bank to cover the value of the bank guarantee.

Assurance of Support periodsDepending on the type of visa granted, an Assurance of Support can last for 2 or 10 years. The period starts from the date your assuree arrives in Australia or the date the visa is granted, whichever is the later date. You must notify us once your assuree has either arrived in the country or been granted the visa. Generally, your assuree and any of their dependants won’t be able to claim payments from us in this period.

An Assurance of Support remains active until the end of the Assurance of Support period (2 or 10 years), even if your assuree has become exempt from the 2 year waiting period that is required for most income support payments.

There are no exemptions from the Assurance of Support provisions, and becoming an Australian citizen does not cancel the Assurance of Support period. If your assuree, or any of their dependants, receives any of the income support payments that are recoverable under the Assurance of Support scheme during the Assurance of Support period, the assurer must repay this money.

The Assurance of Support can’t be cancelled due to events such as financial hardship, breakdown in relationships or if you become an Australian citizen.

If an assuree dies before arriving in Australia, or at any time during the Assurance of Support period, the Assurance of Support will be cancelled.

Isabel. This is what I am trying to find out! Your response is very unhelpful!!

My partner is currently working BUT is Doing his apprenticeship, he was 'on the dole' for around 7 months of the year and then we went for to the uk to take our son for 8 weeks. Previously to that he was running his own business and with she birth of our son was lucky enough to be able to take some time off as we had some savings. At this stage mum and dad coming to the uk was 'just talk' and we didn't actually believe they were seriously thinking it UNTIL we went back in November. Dice then we have come back and Adam has started his apprenteshio (I realize I didn't mention this in the first post, but I was just trying to make then

oint that we had earnt hardly anything between us in the last year).

basically I want to know what our options are regarding being the AOS. Do we need to look for help from family? I just want to know to explore the various options

I was not trying to be unhelpful. You were asking a question about the threshold for the visa. I was asking a question about the practicality of you actually having to support them if they came out and whether you could as they would receive no government support.

Hi Biggers

we are in the final stages of applying for a 143 visa. Our daughter had her centrelink interview a couple of weeks ago and was told she couldn't provide AOS because she is currently on maternity leave, and didn't have a payslip for January. They said they would accept a letter from her accountant saying that she would earn more than 46.000 dollars this year. The accountant sent the letter and it was accepted. she had an appointment at the bank yesterday and lodged the 14000 dollars bond. This took us a bit by surprise because we thought it wasn't paid till the visa had been granted. Luckily she was able to find the money and we have just transferred it back to her. If you are able to provide AOS I would ask your parents to transfer the bond money to you as soon as you go for your interview at centrelink, which should be about eighteen months to two years after their queue date going by current waiting times. Hope this helps and good luck with it all.

Archived