January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question regarding Form 80, question 11, do you include old passport details if I have them or just my current passport details. Thanks in advance. :)

If I remember the question correctly you were given the choice of "whether you have old passport details or not." I still had my old passport which had my WHV from 10 years ago so I put it in. I don't believe it would have made any difference if I had left it out.

If I remember the question correctly you were given the choice of "whether you have old passport details or not." I still had my old passport which had my WHV from 10 years ago so I put it in. I don't believe it would have made any difference if I had left it out.

I was filling out the wrong form, version 2013. The 2015 version makes more sense! Thanks.

Could I also ask about Question 22 and 35. Question 22 asks why you are travelling to Oz...we have applied for a 189 so what should I answer? Also 35 asks if we have travelled to Oz before...we have as a holiday which I already stated in the application but this asks about visas which we obviously didn't have for a short holiday. Do I just answer no? Thanks in advance :)

Could I also ask about Question 22 and 35. Question 22 asks why you are travelling to Oz...we have applied for a 189 so what should I answer? Also 35 asks if we have travelled to Oz before...we have as a holiday which I already stated in the application but this asks about visas which we obviously didn't have for a short holiday. Do I just answer no? Thanks in advance :)

For Question 22 our answer was 'To live and work'

For Question 35, if you didnt need a visa for the short break then just say N/A or state visa not required

All the best!

KnK

You would have needed a visa, even for a short break. It would have been a visitor visa , ETA, eVisitor or similar.

Every non-citizen needs a visa to visit or stay in Australia and you will need to include this on form 80.

Morning, just a quick update request. I am aware from a previous comment by Mims that her application took 6 weeks after the CO received all the docs to grant. Has anyone else who submitted their application in Jan 16 received a grant or an update on processing times? We have our medicals booked for 5th March, Police checks submitted and form 80 nearly completed. Also I am aware that in previous years the 189 visa quota was full by about now and the remaining 189 visa were delayed until July when the clock was re set. Does anyone know if we are close to the 189 quota this year?

Morning, just a quick update request. I am aware from a previous comment by Mims that her application took 6 weeks after the CO received all the docs to grant. Has anyone else who submitted their application in Jan 16 received a grant or an update on processing times? We have our medicals booked for 5th March, Police checks submitted and form 80 nearly completed. Also I am aware that in previous years the 189 visa quota was full by about now and the remaining 189 visa were delayed until July when the clock was re set. Does anyone know if we are close to the 189 quota this year?

Hi everybody. Just an update that we have obtained our grants on 25/2/16. We're over the moon and so looking forward to the big move. Timeline of our application is as described in my signature. Here's hoping everybody a swift and successful response from DIBP. Trust in the hope and hang in there, guys! :arghh:

Hi everybody. Just an update that we have obtained our grants on 25/2/16. We're over the moon and so looking forward to the big move. Timeline of our application is as described in my signature. Here's hoping everybody a swift and successful response from DIBP. Trust in the hope and hang in there, guys! :arghh:

Congratulations!!! I am even more impatient now because we uploaded final docs on 08/02 and been waiting patiently. We should ideally get it any day now if this timeline sticks (of course, I will be foolish to think it will, it's just a big lottery with timelines!!!)

KnK

I've also uploaded my PC as requested by my CO on the 15th, hopefully it won't be much longer now. Theres only me on the application so fingers crossed, not sure if that helps if its a single applicant and also applying within OZ.

ANZSCO code 224111

Skills assessment submitted 28/08/15

Positive outcome 23/11/ 2015

IELTS Overall 8 09/10/2015

EOI submitted 1/12/2015

Invitation. 4/12/2015

Submitted application 8/01/2016

CO Assigned 20/01/2016 Health and form 1399

Visa Grant 01/03/2016!!!!!! Whoop whoop

hi Theresa,

i I can't help in regard to the quota but I can confirm that it was 6 weeks for me from lodgement,I actually didn't upload medicals until about 3 weeks later so only about 3 weeks from all docs being uploaded to grant notification.

fingers are crossed for a quick turnaround for you too!

I wouldn't worry too much about the quota being reached. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that it will, but I doubt it.

The migration planning level for 189/190/489 this year - 72,840

Invitations sent out to date - 20,950

Some of the invitations will not have been used, so I reckon knock 5% off that figure.

But, a lot of visa grants spilled over into 2015-16 programme year. Estimate that 10,000 were affected by this.

So by my reckoning there are still somewhere in the region of 43,000 available visas left to date.

With only 4 months left of the programme year, and even considering the inevitable rush for visas towards the end of the year, I still don't foresee that we will have the same situation as we did last year.

I've just had my request for all my documents a couple of days ago and have a few questions about some aspects, don't want to get this wrong!!

1) It says I have to respond within 28 days, does this mean a confirmation of receipt or contacting them once all my documents are up?

2) For the health checks, can I do these through my doctor or do I have to go somewhere specific? (I'm in London)

3) Do I email form 80 to them? I can't see where to upload it on my documents page.

Last push, been an arduous process!

Thanks in advance.

1) It says I have to respond within 28 days, does this mean a confirmation of receipt or contacting them once all my documents are up? - Not certain on this one!

2) For the health checks, can I do these through my doctor or do I have to go somewhere specific? (I'm in London) You must go onto Immi.gov website as there are specific practitioners that are registered to complete this. It cannot be your usual doctor. Have you generated a HAP ID in your onlineimmi account? You need to do this and complete a health questionnaire before booking an appointment - this may also help you find your nearest qualified practitioner.

3) Do I email form 80 to them? I can't see where to upload it on my documents page. If you go onto the 'upload' section on your account there is a drop down menu for other supporting documents...its also in 'personal particulars for character assessment' drop down.

Hope that helps.

I've just had my request for all my documents a couple of days ago and have a few questions about some aspects, don't want to get this wrong!!

1) It says I have to respond within 28 days, does this mean a confirmation of receipt or contacting them once all my documents are up?

2) For the health checks, can I do these through my doctor or do I have to go somewhere specific? (I'm in London)

3) Do I email form 80 to them? I can't see where to upload it on my documents page.

Last push, been an arduous process!

Thanks in advance.

From other posts on the forum, response within 28 days means actioning what has been requested for. For example, book your medical test but not necessarily complete it within 28 days because you may not get an appointment so soon.

They have been sending this generic letter to respond within 28 days from the start of this year, so some sort of change to how they manage all applications to make life easier for them.

KnK

1) It says I have to respond within 28 days, does this mean a confirmation of receipt or contacting them once all my documents are up? - Not certain on this one!

2) For the health checks, can I do these through my doctor or do I have to go somewhere specific? (I'm in London) You must go onto Immi.gov website as there are specific practitioners that are registered to complete this. It cannot be your usual doctor. Have you generated a HAP ID in your onlineimmi account? You need to do this and complete a health questionnaire before booking an appointment - this may also help you find your nearest qualified practitioner.

3) Do I email form 80 to them? I can't see where to upload it on my documents page. If you go onto the 'upload' section on your account there is a drop down menu for other supporting documents...its also in 'personal particulars for character assessment' drop down.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!!

I've come across another question about uploading the right documents for my 189 visa. They've asked for passport and birth certificate to be certified, as I'm outside of the UK, it says it should be a JOP equivalent or a migration agent. Will I get away with a solicitor? Surely that's good enough?

Guest Priscilla101
I've come across another question about uploading the right documents for my 189 visa. They've asked for passport and birth certificate to be certified, as I'm outside of the UK, it says it should be a JOP equivalent or a migration agent. Will I get away with a solicitor? Surely that's good enough?

they normally accept color scans without the certification

Yes, as Priscilla says above. No need to certify, full colour scans are accepted no problem.