January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations- is it just you or are you taking a family too??

Thank you. No it's Hubby , myself and two kids , hubby was working in perth WA , then he headed to Brisbane, he's staying with friends , checking things out as Brisbane is where we are going . Our plan is to be out there by July/August .

Thank you. No it's Hubby , myself and two kids , hubby was working in perth WA , then he headed to Brisbane, he's staying with friends , checking things out as Brisbane is where we are going . Our plan is to be out there by July/August .

we did the same , lived in perth for 5 years now living on the gold coast less expensive and much more to do over this side..

Hi All

I have been reading this thread for a couple of months and just wanted to share my experience.

My husband and I moved in to Australia (Melbourne) two years ago. We came with Student Visa, I am the main applicant and my husband is dependant. The following is our timeline for our Permanent Residence request.

261313 Software Engineer (Visa 189)

EOI lodged with 60 points: 27-Oct-2015

Invitation to apply: 03-Feb-2016

Documents uploaded on ImmiAccount: 08-Feb-2016

Health Examinations: 11-Feb-2016

Health clearance provided: 12-Feb-2016

Additional info requested: 26-Feb-2016 (Form 80 for both of us plus prove of Functional English of my husband or compromise to pay second instalment)

Additional info submitted: 28-Feb-2016

Change of status to Assessing: 29-Feb-2016

Request to pay second instalment: 23-Mar-2016 (AU$ 4,885)

Visa granted: 24-Mar-2016 :wink::jiggy:

Others:

ACS skills assessment request: 22-Sep-2015

ACS skills assessment response: 02-Oct-2015

IELTS test: 28-Feb-2015 (R:8.5, L:7.5, W:7.0, S:7.0)

We are very happy!!!

Hope this information helps to anyone still waiting. Good luck and congrats to everybody who already got their visas.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out.

The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.

Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough.

They’re there to stop the other people.”

Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Guest Priscilla101

Night shift last night and I got the email. Visa granted. Never bounced round a super busy emergency department with such a smile on my face. Think the sister thought I was high lol now to pack and get moving. Bring on the sunshine

Congratulations to all of you on getting your grants through. Our wait still continues as we hope it comes through by mid-May which is when we have a 2 week trip planned for Sydney and Melbourne. Even asked our agent if we could email and let them know we have a planned trip in May, getting the visa by then means we could finish our first landing too on the same trip. Although we doubt that would help speed things up in anyway, but we are ready to try anything to get an update on how things are progressing!

All the rest of us can do is patient and hope very soon it will be our turn to update this thread with some good news, hang in folks!!!

KnK

Hi All,

Hopefully the end is in sight!

EOI lodged with 60 points (solicitor): 5-Jan-2016

Invitation to apply: 22-Jan-2016

Visa Application made and Documents uploaded on ImmiAccount:26-Jan-2016

Case Officer assign: 10-Feb-2016

Form 1023 Notification of Incorrect answers and Supporting Documents uploaded: 11 Feb-2016

Case officer accepted changes in Form 1023 and requested Medical: 29-March-2016

Medical Examination scheduled:4-April-2016

Medical results to be uploaded: ??

Visa grant: ??

Hope my timeline assists anyone waiting :)

Hi All,

New to the site but wanted to say thanks for the information in this thread - it has been very useful to read and get a better understanding of what information we need to collate - although we're thinking of holding off around 6 months before formally lodging an EOI as I want to wait for our 14 year old daughter to finish her GCSEs next year before completing the applications too early.

That said, we are planning a trip Adelaide in December this year to spend Christmas and the New Year there as this is where we want to eventually move to.

Therefore I suppose I was thinking out loud and also asking if we applied and were accepted prior to visiting Adelaide in December, our visa's would be validated by the entry and then we would have no issue returning in August, which is when we want to make the official move after my daughters 16th Birthday in 2017.

Does anyone have any experience of the sort of costs involved in the IELTS and if my daughter would also have to complete anything. She turns 16 in August 2017.

Also, if anyone has applied and is working in Social Work in WA, it would be good to hear what feedback you have had in the lead up to and since arriving in Australia assuming you are already there too.

Good luck to those who have applied and also I hope those lucky enough to have made the move our enjoying it the way they hoped they would!!

The thread has also reassured my desire to complete the visa applications without a migration agent so thanks also for that!!

Cheers,

Tom

Night shift last night and I got the email. Visa granted. Never bounced round a super busy emergency department with such a smile on my face. Think the sister thought I was high lol now to pack and get moving. Bring on the sunshine

Ha ha, I was exactly the same!! Good luck with the move!! :)

Hi Char, I've tried to message you with a few questions as my husband is a solicitor and we are in the process of studying for ielts and booking it. How did your assessment of qualification go? When and where will you do the additional modules? Do you have a job to go to? X

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Alcon38 Ielts and Pearson PTE-A are both $330. Your looking at a month turn around from booking a test, taking the test and getting the results in ielts. Pearson for me was 1 week wait and I got results back same day as test (late at night). Took ielts twice, both 2 weeks wait to take test for me, then standard 2 week wait for results ;)

Hi Char, I've tried to message you with a few questions as my husband is a solicitor and we are in the process of studying for ielts and booking it. How did your assessment of qualification go? When and where will you do the additional modules? Do you have a job to go to? X

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sent you a private message. Anything else you need to know then let me know :)

Anyone got any guesstimates after sending additional documents on employment evidence history. initially Front loaded all documents in January.

They requested further employment history other week, so i seem to believe they've gone through everything else.

There can be further assessments on your details or you might get your decision. In my case I was contacted by the CO 2 times after sending initial documents. Each time took 1 1/2 months

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

Alcon38 Ielts and Pearson PTE-A are both $330. Your looking at a month turn around from booking a test, taking the test and getting the results in ielts. Pearson for me was 1 week wait and I got results back same day as test (late at night). Took ielts twice, both 2 weeks wait to take test for me, then standard 2 week wait for results ;)

Thanks for the info! It's appreciated!!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk