January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

Evening,

I have looked through previous threads and cannot find a one for applications submitted in January 2016, so I thought I would start one. We submitted an application on 28th January 2016 and have today just been allocated a case officer. We have to complete form F80, Police checks and Health checks within the next 28 days. Does anyone have any experience they can share as we are doing it without an agent. Also does anyone know how long the Police checks are taking to come back? Thank you.

Edited by Theresa13

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone.

EOI 10th jan, Logged visa on the 22nd Jan, Case Officer assigned 8th feb asking for Aussie police check should be here tomorrow or monday then I'm hoping it won't be long after that ill get excepted. Fingers crossed.

Same for us, submitted early Jan, CO assigned mid Jan, luckily we finished medicals before so all we had to do complete was Form 80, PCC and get hold of our birth certificates (born in Kuwait!)

Resubmitted everything on Feb 8th and now the wait begins, lets hope it's quick and painless now (i wish!)

KnK

I put in EOI on 6th Jan, got invite 22nd Jan and lodged the same day.

PCC's sent off on 19th Jan and medicals booked for 27th Jan.

I had to get PCC's for living here in Cyprus which came back yesterday and my husbands UK one only came back on the 8th Feb.

I was lucky living in Cyprus that medicals only cost us 300 euro between us so that was a bonus and it was uploaded onto immi the next day.

A case officer contacted me on the 3rd feb requesting PCC's and a form 80 for myself and hubby. Mine was already uploaded and hubby's just needed to be put onto immi and it was a little worrying with the unpredictability of the post out here regards waiting for PCC's. Now the waiting begins I suppose.

Fingers crossed for a quick grant for us all. Looking at Oct and Nov lodgement posts is quite worrying as some of those guys look like they have been waiting ages still without a grant.

Silly question from me : Has there even been an unsuccessful result when applicants are at this stage in the process?

I ask because we plan to put our home for sale in 2 weeks time as the market is good in our area (started another thread about this dilemma of ours and have now been told we need to act fast in current climate)

Is it wise putting our home for sale in March given its very unlikely we will get to know by then? I dont know of simple cases (ours is a straightforward 70 points case, no crazy history, health conditions, missing info etc) not going through. It should be just a case of waiting for it right? So we are about 99% there, aren't we?

Thanks

KnK

Silly question from me : Has there even been an unsuccessful result when applicants are at this stage in the process?

I ask because we plan to put our home for sale in 2 weeks time as the market is good in our area (started another thread about this dilemma of ours and have now been told we need to act fast in current climate)

Is it wise putting our home for sale in March given its very unlikely we will get to know by then? I dont know of simple cases (ours is a straightforward 70 points case, no crazy history, health conditions, missing info etc) not going through. It should be just a case of waiting for it right? So we are about 99% there, aren't we?

Thanks

KnK

Hi there,

Immigration advise applicants not to quit jobs or sell homes until you have received your visa. It's risky! Good luck :)

Hi everbody.

I lodged my 189 Visa application on 6 Jan 2016. GSM Adelaide contacted me for more documents (spouse's Form 80, medical checks for the family, Singapore PCC and AFP Clearance), all of which have been uploaded as of 4 Feb 2016. No updates thus far. A check on the website shows that the earliest allocation for 189/190/489 Visas is currently 2 Jan 2016. I reckon it'll be at least another week or two before I get a chance to be considered. Praying hard for a favorable and swift response from them.

Cheers,

aeebee :wink:

How long did you all wait for your invatations after your expression of interests? Any of you nurses? I am currently living in Sydney on a 457........it's running out next month......I'm always last min........omg I'm having a heart attack as I may have to leave my amazing job, lifestyle, home.....all because I'm an idiot

Also did you get the invite emailed to you? Would love to hear more. Good luck everyone xxx

How long did you all wait for your invatations after your expression of interests? Any of you nurses? I am currently living in Sydney on a 457........it's running out next month......I'm always last min........omg I'm having a heart attack as I may have to leave my amazing job, lifestyle, home.....all because I'm an idiot

Also did you get the invite emailed to you? Would love to hear more. Good luck everyone xxx

Hi,

Iam Mental Health Nurse, still in the UK, I submitted my EOI with 60 points sometimes middle of Jan. I got invited next round I think it was 22nd of Jan. They send u email as well as on your SkillSelect account.

Submitted 189 on 26th Jan, Medicals booked for next Wednesday, my police check completed but waiting on my husbands and Son as they had to get new passport photos.

Scanned loads of documents and evidence to our agent this week ready for her to upload, not sure if she has done some of this already?

not been told if we have a case officer yet either?

needed to order three new birth certificates this week as ours didn't have our parents full names on them! Another bloody expense £80 for fast track ones, should be here this week.

son has to get new passport too ( wish our agent had advised this before we submitted as this may hold things up as could take weeks to come back.

form 80's were completed with agent just in case and getting together evidence to prove sons dependency on us.

hoping to be leaving Uk for Sydney sometime in June??

Anyone know if being with an agent makes for a quicker decision?

Submitted 189 on 26th Jan, Medicals booked for next Wednesday, my police check completed but waiting on my husbands and Son as they had to get new passport photos.

Scanned loads of documents and evidence to our agent this week ready for her to upload, not sure if she has done some of this already?

needed to order three new birth certificates this week as ours didn't have our parents full names on them! Another bloody expense £80 for fast track ones, should be here this week.

son has to get new passport too ( wish our agent had advised this before we submitted as this may hold things up as could take weeks to come back.

form 80's were completed with agent just in case and getting together evidence to prove sons dependency on us.

Make sure you hang on to the original birth certs - Australia loves ID, I have lost count of the number of times I have needed my birth certificate to get stuff organised, not just citizenship, but for jobs, licences etc.

It doesn't make any difference with either agency or independently. It's a awaiting game. Good luck :)

Visa grant received this morning!!!! 6 weeks to the day after applying!!!! So excited but I don't know what to do with myself, we are supposed to be getting ready for work, no ones answering the phone either!!! Can't believe I did it and on my own too.

good luck to everyone still waiting and thanks to everyone that's helped us along the way!

Hi Theresa,

we we are looking to go ASAP but realistically 1st may ish I think and we are off to Perth but again that doesn't have to be set in stone,we've travelled all states so we will go where work takes us and where feels right =D.

youre not too far behind with your dates so fingers crossed you have your visa very soon!

Visa grant received this morning!!!! 6 weeks to the day after applying!!!! So excited but I don't know what to do with myself, we are supposed to be getting ready for work, no ones answering the phone either!!! Can't believe I did it and on my own too.

good luck to everyone still waiting and thanks to everyone that's helped us along the way!

Congratulations! Did DIBP request for form 80? I have nearly completed it but no request for it.

Could I ask how you go about doing the Police Checks and what Medicals do you have to do? Are there guidelines or preferences. What are the costs involved? (we are based in the UK and are looking to emigrate on a 189 through my husbands Glazier 333111 (we still have to get it assessed by the TRA).