January 2016 - 189 visa applicants

Theresa13

Guest Priscilla101
Could I ask how you go about doing the Police Checks and what Medicals do you have to do? Are there guidelines or preferences. What are the costs involved? (we are based in the UK and are looking to emigrate on a 189 through my husbands Glazier 333111 (we still have to get it assessed by the TRA).

Hi. When you are invited to apply you open an immi account. This gives you access to medical application. You basically call a listed company and book an appointment. My daughters was £75 (10 year old didn't need X-ray) mine was £350 as I needed bloods and X-ray as I'm a nurse. Medical is basically eye chart check. urine sample. And a dr listening to your heart and lungs. Nothing big.

The police check- you can apply for anytime by filling in https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx appropriate form. Costs about £50 I think.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there. For those who have submitted the visa application on there own could you please advise. I filled it in today saving as I went along but now it has disappeared from my immi account?? Also where do you upload your documents and how do I get hold of this Form 80? Thanks :)

Visa grant received this morning!!!! 6 weeks to the day after applying!!!! So excited but I don't know what to do with myself, we are supposed to be getting ready for work, no ones answering the phone either!!! Can't believe I did it and on my own too.

good luck to everyone still waiting and thanks to everyone that's helped us along the way!

Congrats Mims, checked with our agent on approx timelines and he said it's taking between 4 to 6 weeks once all docs are submitted. We could have front loaded our docs when we submitted the application on Jan 4th but ended up giving birth certificates and form 80s on Feb 8th, so I wait with patience now......

KnK

Congratulations!!! Can I ask what is your skill?

I just got my grant. Submitted my application on Jan 19th, grant letter of Feb 11th. I did have 457 visa approved though and was supposed to fly tomorrow on that visa to start my new job on Monday, but I'll be flying on 189 instead!

Hi there. For those who have submitted the visa application on there own could you please advise. I filled it in today saving as I went along but now it has disappeared from my immi account?? Also where do you upload your documents and how do I get hold of this Form 80? Thanks :)

Saving the application shold not remove it unless you accidentally deleted it which I am not sure if possible. Once you paid for it then it will allow you to attach docs. As for Form 80, you can actually search for it in the site - I suggest prepare for it so it would be easy when you start uploading docs and not to wait for case officer to ask for it (18 pages to fill up).

Edited by jssalvador

Saving the application shold not remove it unless you accidentally deleted it which I am not sure if possible. Once you paid for it then it will allow you to attach docs. As for Form 80, you can actually search for it in the site - I suggest prepare for it so it would be easy when you start uploading docs and not to wait for case officer to ask for it (18 pages to fill up).

Hi, with regards to Form 80, I have completed it incase I was asked for it. Am I best to wait till a case officer asks for it? I have already heard back from a case officer requesting for my medical to be completed, no other documents were requested. Thanks in advance.

Hi, with regards to Form 80, I have completed it incase I was asked for it. Am I best to wait till a case officer asks for it? I have already heard back from a case officer requesting for my medical to be completed, no other documents were requested. Thanks in advance.

There has been a new way of asking for docs since the New Year, where as soon as a CO is assigned you get an automated request to submit extra docs. For us, they asked me for employment references though we submitted P60s and employment letters and also asked for form 80 and birth certificates. The request also included medicals but since we already did our medicals before it stated as completed in the request

So its all strange and new with this blanket request to everyone and the system including request for medicals but automatically putting a statement in the request and telling us to ignore this if we have completed the medical test.

If you have had the same request come through and not been asked for Form 80 then great, but if I were you, I would still fill form 80 and front load the docs so there is no chance whatsoever to lose any time down the line. You may not be asked for it, but 99% of the people are asked and its a gamble TO either save a few hours and only fill it when asked OR invest the 2 hours and save weeks if they later ask for Form 80

All the best!

KnK

hi everyone,

I have a few inquiries about the 189 visa. We received an invitation Feb 16 2016 based on EOI of 65. Before starting the process I realized my husband made a mistake and should not have claim the Professional Year... bringing the EOI to 60. Of course we won't go ahead and apply to get rejected. I understand we have to wait until the 60 days in order to resubmit a revised EOI. My question now is: anyone went through this process with lower EOI and got an invitation anyway (ANZSCO 233311? Would you suggest he takes the IESLT test in order to boost his score (didn't have the test in the first EOI - from Canada so no need the test) and resubmit a higher new EOI? Or we should expect another invitation with 60 points?

You can imagine how crust I feel today to wait another 60 days!!!

thanks to all for your time

k.

There has been a new way of asking for docs since the New Year, where as soon as a CO is assigned you get an automated request to submit extra docs. For us, they asked me for employment references though we submitted P60s and employment letters and also asked for form 80 and birth certificates. The request also included medicals but since we already did our medicals before it stated as completed in the request

So its all strange and new with this blanket request to everyone and the system including request for medicals but automatically putting a statement in the request and telling us to ignore this if we have completed the medical test.

If you have had the same request come through and not been asked for Form 80 then great, but if I were you, I would still fill form 80 and front load the docs so there is no chance whatsoever to lose any time down the line. You may not be asked for it, but 99% of the people are asked and its a gamble TO either save a few hours and only fill it when asked OR invest the 2 hours and save weeks if they later ask for Form 80

All the best!

KnK

Great advice! Thank you :)

Quick Question: When you upload Form 80, can you upload as one document rather than 18!? Also do you need to upload your CV? Thanks in advance

Yes, make form 80 into one document. Adobe Acrobat Pro is available on a free 30 day trial and is quite handy and easy to use. Just make sure that the file size is not more than 5MB.

You don't have to upload your CV but it is generally accepted as being a good idea to do so.

Yes, make form 80 into one document. Adobe Acrobat Pro is available on a free 30 day trial and is quite handy and easy to use. Just make sure that the file size is not more than 5MB.

You don't have to upload your CV but it is generally accepted as being a good idea to do so.

I have converted Form 80 into a PDF, How do you go about signing the form without having to print the document??

Guest Priscilla101

Update. Received an email this morning. Got super excited. They asked for police clearance - already provided. A form of ID for my ex for custody rules- miserable git likes to live "off grid" so doesn't have any. This was clearly written on the form

My heart sank. Is it possible to remove documents from the immi account?

Update. Received an email this morning. Got super excited. They asked for police clearance - already provided. A form of ID for my ex for custody rules- miserable git likes to live "off grid" so doesn't have any. This was clearly written on the form

I'm pretty sure you can't remove documents once uploaded. I'm not sure what to suggest.

The ID is a mandatory item for the form so they are unlikely to accept anything else. One option is to apply to the courts for c100 removal from jurisdiction.

I would suggest getting in touch with a registered agent and a UK family lawyer to assist with this, because in my experience, without that ID verification, your application is going nowhere.

No, it's not possible to remove an uploaded document. Sorry.

Guest Priscilla101

Thanks captain, it just frustrates me. He signed the 190 form (custody agreements) and I've had custody since she was born. It was written into divorce but not formally. Why can't they just accept that he signed the form (was hard enough)

Thanks captain, it just frustrates me. He signed the 190 form (custody agreements) and I've had custody since she was born. It was written into divorce but not formally. Why can't they just accept that he signed the form (was hard enough)

I understand your frustration, but they have no idea if he's actually signed it, or your next door neighbour did.

Hi,

Just need a bit of guidance. I was assigned my CO on 10/02/2016 and was requested to supply documents for Employment and my Medical. While getting my employment documents together I noticed an error that was a complete oversight on my side (completely forgot that the agency that placed me at my company was helping negotiate my fixed contract so for a month and a half the agency directly paid my salary while I was working at the company until the contract was finalised). I submitted Form 1023 along with a letter explaining the error and all the supporting documents on 11/02/2016. My immigration agent says I must wait to do my medical to hear the outcome in case I have to withdraw and relodge.

Its been almost two weeks and still no answer. Does anyone know the estimated processing time for this sort of blunder?

Hi,

Just need a bit of guidance. I was assigned my CO on 10/02/2016 and was requested to supply documents for Employment and my Medical. While getting my employment documents together I noticed an error that was a complete oversight on my side (completely forgot that the agency that placed me at my company was helping negotiate my fixed contract so for a month and a half the agency directly paid my salary while I was working at the company until the contract was finalised). I submitted Form 1023 along with a letter explaining the error and all the supporting documents on 11/02/2016. My immigration agent says I must wait to do my medical to hear the outcome in case I have to withdraw and relodge.

Its been almost two weeks and still no answer. Does anyone know the estimated processing time for this sort of blunder?

It looks like it is averaging around 3 weeks for CO to come back to a case so it could be very soon that you will hear back from them

You could still do your medicals in the meantime as they would still be valid if you had to relodge - having said that you are paying your agent for their advice so you should probably do as the suggest