Where's Best For Brickies .... Perth or Adelaide ?

Brown5

Sydney and Brisbane would be your best bet. OH knows brickies who have moved from both Perth and Adelaide to the east coast. Far more work going on there.

Surely the lifespan of Brisbane's building boom likely limited as well. I'd have thought Melbourne or Sydney would be the best options. More costlier as well of course.

Surely the lifespan of Brisbane's building boom likely limited as well. I'd have thought Melbourne or Sydney would be the best options. More costlier as well of course.

Building has gone bonkers in Brisbane - with possible carnage predicted for inner city apartment sales from this year onwards. Who is going to rent all these shonky units??

Building has gone bonkers in Brisbane - with possible carnage predicted for inner city apartment sales from this year onwards. Who is going to rent all these shonky units??

The simple answer unless they bring in a big number of 475's to do minimal type jobs and somehow boost overseas student numbers to Brisbane, I expect few takers. Or foreign 'investors' not interested in renting out but living in hope of long term appreciation as well as laundry money in Australia.

Was as working on some units down in Sydney , a rush job just before Christmas , a development of around 200 units, we had the list of all the people who had purchased as we were laying new oak floors in units as they had been fitted with carpet by mistake, every name on the list was Chinese not one western type name ( I know this does not mean that they could have been Australian ) but it

really stood out along with the very poor standard of workmanship , with out doubt the biggest load of c##p I have seen built in over 30'years

I'm afraid we in OZ are really cooking the Golden Goose. Poor builds are everywhere. But high prices way over any since of 'value'. Chinese are hardly stupid. Unless laundering funds, your regular buyers will drop Aussie apartments like a hot brick when becomes a known factor.

We can expect demolition of rubbish builds in how many years I wonder? Just when will Australia begin to lift its game on so many fronts?

• 6 months later...