jmo

My timeline is:

18 Dec 2015 - Nomination Lodged

15 Jan 2016 - Visa application Lodged

Asked for more info 15 Feb 2016

25 Feb 2016 - Nomination approved

Still waiting for visa application decision

Hi RachielleLauren,

What kind of more information DIBP asked to you ?

I mean, Is it regarding your skill or regarding your employer ?

Thanks.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My nomination and application were both approved last week :) Timeline was:

15th December 2015 - Employer reapplied for Standard Business Sponsor status (it had just expired)

15th December 2015 - Employer nomination lodged

15th December 2015 - My application lodged

3rd February 2016 - Asked for more evidence of training expenditure for SBS

9th February 2016 - Asked for more evidence of genuine position for nomination

15th February 2016 - Asked for MORE evidence of training expenditure for SBS

24th February 2016 - SBS, nomination and application all approved within minutes of each other

My timeline is:

18 Dec 2015 - Nomination Lodged

15 Jan 2016 - Visa application Lodged

Asked for more info 15 Feb 2016

25 Feb 2016 - Nomination approved

Still waiting for visa application decision

Hi Rach,

Mine also similar to your timeline

Nomination Approval :12-Feb-2015

Visa applied:12 Feb 2016

Medical done :15-Feb-2016

Medical approved:17-Feb-2016

Waiting for visa approval

Lets hope for final call

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

We had the email we had been praying for today - our dreams came true

457 visa granted!

We submitted sponsorship application, nomination and visa application together via an MA (offshore) on the 5th February.

Everything was approved simultaneously today 23rd March (6 weeks & 3 days later)

we had no requests for further documents, police checks or medical records, low risk country ( myself visa holder husband and daughter)

Hope this gives hope to you all

its been 4 years of waiting, heading to Byron bay NSW - just realised we have so much to do!!

good luck xx

My nomination was lodged against the wrong subclass..a new nom was lodged and the wrong one withdrawn...any idea how long it might take considering that it's the 4th month already since I lodged my 457 visa???

My nomination was lodged against the wrong subclass..a new nom was lodged and the wrong one withdrawn...any idea how long it might take considering that it's the 4th month already since I lodged my 457 visa???

If a new nomination was lodged and the old one withdrawn, you need to look into your application as it would be linked to a now non-existent nomination. But the new nomination would start over in the queue, so likely to take 4-8 weeks.

Hi Folks,

This is not April fool...FINALLY MY VISA IS GRANT TODAY.. No more status checking

Complete timeline below

Nomination Applied 15 Dec 2015

Nomination approved 12 Feb 2016

Visa applied 12 Feb 2016

Visa grant 1 Apr 2016

This forum has given some hope what is happening among another applicants. All the best to everyone those who are waiting.

... Its time to Party [emoji481] [emoji481] [emoji481]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hi all

Has anyone had a nomination approved recently?

My employer lodged the application on 15th March and still no news. I realise the Easter break has been included here, so any ideas on how long the nomination approval part normally takes would be appreciated. I want to know whether to submit my part or not. If I submit and the nomination is rejected, will i get a refund of the fee?

Hi all

My employer lodged the application on 15th March and still no news. I realise the Easter break has been included here, so any ideas on how long the nomination approval part normally takes would be appreciated. I want to know whether to submit my part or not. If I submit and the nomination is rejected, will i get a refund of the fee?

Nominations normally seem to take 4-6 weeks, so your employer should hopefully hear within the next couple of weeks. If you submit your application and the nomination is rejected, it can sometimes be possible to simply submit a new nomination (addressing the issues that caused the refusal) and asking DIBP to link the existing application up to the new nomination - this is best done through a migration agent to make sure it's all done properly. If the application can't be linked to a new nomination, the application will also be rejected without any refund of the fee.

Nominations normally seem to take 4-6 weeks, so your employer should hopefully hear within the next couple of weeks. If you submit your application and the nomination is rejected, it can sometimes be possible to simply submit a new nomination (addressing the issues that caused the refusal) and asking DIBP to link the existing application up to the new nomination - this is best done through a migration agent to make sure it's all done properly. If the application can't be linked to a new nomination, the application will also be rejected without any refund of the fee.

Thank you. Maybe we should just be patient for a few more weeks. Or should we take the risk as we have to leave UK early July. It's difficult to make decisions when sometimes people on here get replies within weeks and for others it take months.

• 1 month later...
Hi all

Hi Needtoknow

Question, was your nomination approved already? Regards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am still waiting for the nomination approval and I am getting anxious and frustrated. Anyway, here's my timeline:

May 9, 2016: Nomination lodged

June 22, 2016: Received email from DIBP to update "sponsorship component"

June 24, 2016: Submitted additional requirements

Still waiting...

From my employer's point of view, the wait is very unreasonable since this isn't the first time they sponsored/nominated someone and the company I work for is a multinational finance company. We have operations around the globe so it's technically just a internal company transfer. I am hoping we all get good news!