Question about form 1195 identity declaration - Australian citizenship application

lindajyyu

Hello all,

I just have a quick question about the form 1195 identity declaration for citizenship application.

This forms says that we need to have someone who is in one of the listed professions, and also know the applicant for 12 months.

JP is also listed as one of the profession who can sign this form for us.

Can I actually ask a JP to sign for this form even we don't know the JP for 12 months?

Thank you and Happy new year..

Hi there,

we nearly had the same dilemma about that. Do you have a tax agent who did your tax return who is a chartered accountant? Look under profession Nr. 24.

Or do you have a GP? Or a dentist?

In our case GP retired and dentist of 3 years disappeared but we once used a substitute GP who is able to sign it.

It's worth to check your online medicare statements which doctors you've got attended to as can be easly forgotten (online for the last 3 years).

Thank you all again.

We have no pet, and so Vets is not an option for us :arghh:, and our kid is only 3 yrs old, , so school teacher is not our option, either.

In fact, this morning I checked with a nurse who works in our dentist clinic, and she can sign for us. Thanks to her :notworthy:. Lucky us