Impatience....Partner points with no experience as a Physio

Ferrets

Hi all,

As I am an impatient type I have been trying to work out how to get some more points since my EOI was posted. I am currently under ANZSCO code 221112 as a Management Accountant with 70 points.

However....my wife has a degree in Physiotherapy. Problem is that due to job shortages when she graduated, she never had any professional experience, and moved off to other things.

Any views on whether such a degree (UK 2:1) and having been previously chartered would be enough to get her a positive skills assesement? She graduated 10 years ago but I'm sorely tempted as I want to get to the sun asap ;-)

Cheers

Ferrets the Fez Meister

I think the last round only cleared 70 pointers to the start if September so you could be another few months wait unless they increase the number of invites released.

It'll be a tough decision you'll have assuming you'll get a 190 invite quite soon.

Hopefully the degree is enough for you.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Don't partners need a positive skills assessment in order to claim Partner points?

Yes

Someone with a physiotherapy degree but no experience is not going to pass a skills assessment.

Not as a physiotherapist, and probably not at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well...turns out the devil was in the detail - because my wife has not practiced post University she would have been required to undertake the equivalence of qualification pathway (i.e. would not meet the requirements of the standard assessment pathway).

Under that irrespective of experience via clinical rotations whilst at University, the course needed to be 4 years in duration (that is the length of an Australian Physio degree). It quite specifically warned that a 3 year degree was unlikely to be considered an equivalent to an Australian qualification, neatly closing this avenue.

I will have to think of something else to fill the time till we hopefully get an invite ;-)

I assume your 70 points includes maximum points from English? I did the IELTS for my skills assessment and got 7, I then did PTE-A for my visa and got 100%.

The last round (4th Dec) let 45 accountants in vs the pervious 5 being 25 and these were up to 21st September, however there are enough spaces for 300 per month but I think they are holding back on letting them all go.

I would assume you will get an invite with 70 points, if they continue at the new level of 45 per round this should only be a few months to wait.

Archived