Visa lodged November 2015

Skyba

Couldn't see a thread for November visa applications so thought I'd start this one.

My my visa application was lodged on the 4th by an agent as we have already been assigned a case officer.. Wasn't going to book the Medicals until after Xmas as we were expecting to wait much longer, so Medicals booked up for next Thursday now..

has as anyone else received a case officer yet?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to my agent earlier and she said that she'd had 2 come on today at around 2 and a half weeks. The Invitations have slowed up but the CO's seem to have sped up. I suppose it makes up for the length of time I waited for an invite and the bad luck I had with that. I waited a long while and then when they changed it to two invites I'd missed the previous round by 3 days and fully expected to get my invite and transfered the visa fee onto a currency cards etc and the invite date of effect for 60 pointers moved up by a few hours lol..

i'm glad it's moving on a little faster now, We've been planning this for over 6 years so a few more days didn't hurt lol.

Good luck to everyone

So.. Today I got an email requesting form 80 and a few other bits and bobs. I'm guessing this means I ha e a case officer? If so, thanks little over 2 weeks since submitting my visa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awesome news for a grant after 2 weeks.

just interested. When you got the grant, Do you just get an email confirming it has been granted? I presume best to print and take with you just incase stopped at immigration.

Then as soon as you go to Australia when they scan your passport they have the details.

We got two emails. The first email stated that my EOI application had been "removed". When I read that first thing this morning, I soiled myself! But the next three emails (one each for me, my wife and my son) from "auto-letter-generator@border.gov.au" stating some bumph plus the words "Grant Notification" in the subject line made me feel a bit better!

I'll be armed to the teeth with paper copies, copies on phones, tablets and iPads when we pass through customs in February, as well as our passports!!!!!!!

:jiggy:

189 Applied 7th Nov, request for additional docs 16th Nov, just waiting on police checks but everything has been done - sounds like they are moving pretty quickly with applications - fingers crossed for everyone to receive an early Christmas present

Congratulations! Did you submit PCC, medical and form 80 before you submitted your application?

We had already set up our Immi account prior to applying for the Visa so that we could be given our HAPIDs. We had also sent away for our PCCs as well beforehand. We found out that we had been invited to apply on the 5th, on the same day that we had our medicals undertaken in Edinburgh; but we didn't actually make the application until we knew our medical results were uploaded by the hospital, on the 12th (after reading advice on the forums stating that applying after having completed medicals but prior to results being uploaded by the assessor can sometimes screw up the HAPID and slow things down!). We received our PCC checks around the 15th, set up an appointment with a lawyer for the 19th, to certify the police checks, and uploaded that night. We had EVERYTHING certified by a lawyer (belt and braces!) in the hope that any Case Officer seeing that would assume that all was ok, and would therefore be more likely to give us a Direct Grant. We didn't, and don't, know if this makes any difference; but Hey Presto!!!

We decided that we wouldn't touch the Form 80 though; its a monster. We were never asked!

Monster is an understatement. Imagine trying to do an accurate timeline of jobs and addresses for 2 and a half years worth of backpacking.

Anyways managed to do it the best I can. I have my pcc, applied for afp cert, medical booked in 10 days.

Fingers crossed

Hey I'm new to this thread please share your experience and time line that even we are update

eoi - 29/9/2015

invite - 23/11/2015

visa lodge & fee - 25/11/2015

all document & Pcc & medical -26/11/2015

form 80 - pending

co officer - ?????

grant - ?????

Medicals completed last thrsday, police checks filled out yesterday so it's just the long wait now. Hopefully we get the information back nice and fast then maybe we'll get a grant before the new year, would be a nice birthday/Xmas present but I won't hold my breath.

Medicals completed last thrsday, police checks filled out yesterday so it's just the long wait now. Hopefully we get the information back nice and fast then maybe we'll get a grant before the new year, would be a nice birthday/Xmas present but I won't hold my breath.

Good luck Skyba. I'm hoping the same. I pressed submit on 26th October on my extra info, medicals + police checks. Waiting waiting

We got two emails. The first email stated that my EOI application had been "removed". When I read that first thing this morning, I soiled myself! But the next three emails (one each for me, my wife and my son) from "auto-letter-generator@border.gov.au" stating some bumph plus the words "Grant Notification" in the subject line made me feel a bit better!

I'll be armed to the teeth with paper copies, copies on phones, tablets and iPads when we pass through customs in February, as well as our passports!!!!!!!

:jiggy:

Did you get an email once you got your CO?

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

Archived