Any immigration experts out their that can HELP?!!!

Matt1980

Hi guys

I am a Financial Investment Adviser in the UK and would love the opportunity to live and work in Australia. My occupation is on the 'Consolidated Skilled Occupation List' for WA and SA. Having completed some research on the Vetassess website regarding the skills assessment requirement for this occupation, it would appear that as well as having the relevant professional qualifications (which I have), I would also need to have a degree (which I do not).

I have emailed Vetassess to double check that this is the case. Assuming it is, does anyone have any advice on other routes to gaining a visa???

A bit of background information about myself, I am 35 years of age, single, no dependants, no criminal record, in good health and my brother is an Australian citizen.

Your help/advice is much appreciated.

Matt

Keep in mind that in both states, the occupation has additional requirements (WA requires you to already have a job lined up with at least a 12 month full-time contract; SA requires you to have worked/studied in SA or have immediate family living there or have at least 85 points towards a visa). I agree with Marisa that speaking with a migration agent would be worthwhile for at least an initial assessment. There are several good agents on this forum including WRussell, Raul Senise and Alan Collett.

• 2 weeks later...
The Australian Bureau of Statistics website, which has the ANZSCO on it, says that you can substitute at least 5 years of relevant work experience for the formal qualification (the bachelor degree)

Not for a pre-migration skills assessment in this occuaption.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics website, which has the ANZSCO on it, says that you can substitute at least 5 years of relevant work experience for the formal qualification (the bachelor degree)

What is listed there is the very minimum you need for an employer sponsored visa not requiring a skills assessment. It's a whole different kettle of fish for lots of jobs once you add in the skills assessment.

Hi,

I agree with other posters. This applies to eligibility for a 457 visa.

You must meet the Vetassess skill assessment requirements as a first step in a skilled visa.

Archived