457 to pr

Kezzles

Hi guys

I was on a dependent 457 from April 2014, however my relationship broke down and I was then sponsored by my employer on my own 457 from May 2015. I am hoping someone can answer the following;

Does the time spent on the dependent 457 count towards the two years to qualify to apply for the ENS transition scheme? If so that would make me eligible to apply in April 2016?

I have also heard the government may change this rule to 12 months next year?

any advice appreciated.

thanks

Hi guys

I was on a dependent 457 from April 2014, however my relationship broke down and I was then sponsored by my employer on my own 457 from May 2015. I am hoping someone can answer the following;

Does the time spent on the dependent 457 count towards the two years to qualify to apply for the ENS transition scheme? If so that would make me eligible to apply in April 2016?

I have also heard the government may change this rule to 12 months next year?

any advice appreciated.

thanks

You don't need to have been with your employer for two years. If they are happy to sponsor you for pr you can do it now. The two years just means you don't need to have a skills assessment. Good luck.

Hi there!!

ha ha yes not been on for a while, its been a crazy here, lows and highs but once again have come through it! Yeah it was a slog getting here and almost had to come back when I split up with my Partner. I'm lucky my employer saved the day and my occupation is on CSOL. I cant go for the direct scheme to PR as Vetasses don't recognise my Post Grad as being equivalent to a degree (stupid really as its higher!)

oh well hopefully the rules will change next year and reduce it to 12 months...

how have you settled?

Hey Kezzles!

Been a while since I have seen you on here. Can't help with your query but wanted to wish you well :) If memory serves it was a long slog getting here. Hopefully it is all good now!

Yeah really well. Been a rapid 14 months and we are enjoying it. Been an adventure and we are pretty settled into out normal routine. We have made some great friends and our son is doing well at school. So far it has been exactly what we wanted.

The key thing for you is that you ultimately made it and you are well on your way to making it permanent. A bit of a nightmare with all the changes but here you are! Still doing it!

Hi,

You may be eligible for Direct Entry now. If you are in a regional area, you may not need a skill assessment (depending on your occupation) as you may be able to go for a 187 without it.

You will need a skill assessment and three years post-qualification work experience for a 186 Direct Entry visa.

You'd also need to meet the age and English skill requirements.

It is important that your sponsor keeps up with their obligations, including meeting the training benchmark. We hear from lots of candidates whose employer is keen to nominate, but won't meet the requirements.

Joy