Advice Needed

pj183600

Hi all I used a MA through my company to prepare our ENS 186 Nomination Application.

The agency quoted me an amount in email of $3500 plus GST for their fees.

Thankfully our visa has been approved and we now have the invoice. The only problem is the amount is now $5000 as they have worded the invoice that it is converted to USD. There was no mention of this in the email with the quote.

As my company have been invoiced they are now trying to get the extra $1500 off me. This obviously is so wrong. If it was done on my own I would tell the agency to whistle for it. As it was done through my employer I am worried that if I do this then I will be in breach of an agreement and I will face disciplinary proceedings at work.

If the quote was $3500 plus GST then that surely indicates a quote in Aussie $.

Was it a quote or an estimate?

At today's rates, that equates to about $US2800 all up.

It was a quotation email

On the quote it said $3500 They are saying that this was 3500 USD (they did not stipulate that it was USD).

They even had other figures on the email which were in AUD and these have been invoiced in AUD.

It's just this one fee for the services that they are being sneaky about.

Is the agency US based?

If they quoted $3500 PLUS GST then you have every right to assume they are talking about AUD.

If the quote isn't clear then that's their fault.

They are a global company with offices all over the world. HQ is in US.. Office I dealt with in Sydney

Does their website have aus $ listed? I believe it is illegal for a company operating in Australia, aimed at people in Australia, to list their fees in anything other than $au. And totally agree, listing GST then makes it Australian. There is NO WAY I'd be paying the extra. I'd let them take me to court as if the quote didn't say US$ and other things were in aud$ and listed GST then there is no way they would win

Contact consumer affairs. They are VERY helpful.

Hi all I used a MA through my company to prepare our ENS 186 Nomination Application.

The agency quoted me an amount in email of $3500 plus GST for their fees.

Thankfully our visa has been approved and we now have the invoice. The only problem is the amount is now $5000 as they have worded the invoice that it is converted to USD. There was no mention of this in the email with the quote.

As my company have been invoiced they are now trying to get the extra $1500 off me. This obviously is so wrong. If it was done on my own I would tell the agency to whistle for it. As it was done through my employer I am worried that if I do this then I will be in breach of an agreement and I will face disciplinary proceedings at work.

If the work was done by a Registered Agent they must supply a schedule of fees detailing costs, before commencing work. This document will tell you exactly what all the costs will be.

Here is the Payment Schedule from our standard service agreement for skilled migration:

***********************************************************************************

[TABLE=align: left]

[TR]

[TD=align: left][h=3]Payment Schedule[/h]All amounts are in Australian dollars

Deposit: $xxx due on acceptance of this Service Agreement

Payment of a deposit will constitute acceptance of this agreement.

Progress payment: $xxx upon receipt of a positive skills assessment

Final Payment: $xxx

Once work has commenced payments are not refundable.

Cost you must pay directly, not to us: $xxx as they arise. See below.

If there are changes to third-party fees or you instruct us to perform extra services we will adjust your payment schedule accordingly.

We have not included your cost of remitting funds to us, or your cost of obtaining and sending us the supporting documents we specify or your cost of travel to Australia.

********************************************************************************************************

You should have something similar.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Archived