2016 SOL list review?

Bushpiglet

Hi! I've just had an odd email from The Emigration Group (attached at the bottom of this). I signed up to their email list ages ago but have since instructed Go Matilda and started our visa application process. I suspect it's a marketing ploy and I've Googled and can't see anything to back up what they're saying, but they've given me a bit of a scare and I wondered what you guys think. Any advice? Thanks! Lou.x (I'm a mental health nurse by the way!)

"We are writing to advise that the Australian Department of Immigration is reviewing selected occupations on the “Skilled Occupations List” (SOL) to determine if they should be removed from the list in July 2016.

Your “Nominated Occupation” is one which is under review and if it is removed from the “SOL” it could affect your eligibility or visa options.

We wanted to bring this to your attention now, as there is still time to make an application."

I do not know specifically about mental health nursing, but their invitation years are finanical years and the next year does not start until July 2016, so I imagine you will have your visa before then so this should not worry you assuming you are under way with the process.

We're underway but still at the very early stage of the process. I'm awaiting IELTS results tomorrow. After that we have to submit information to ANMAC and AHPRA and get the skills assessment approved before submitting EOI. I'm hoping we will have applied for/had visa approved by July but I guess it depends on how long ANMAC take to come back to us. I just wondered if anybody else had heard about this, or if it's just an attempt to drum up business? Thanks. :)

We're underway but still at the very early stage of the process. I'm awaiting IELTS results tomorrow. After that we have to submit information to ANMAC and AHPRA and get the skills assessment approved before submitting EOI. I'm hoping we will have applied for/had visa approved by July but I guess it depends on how long ANMAC take to come back to us. I just wondered if anybody else had heard about this, or if it's just an attempt to drum up business? Thanks. :)

ANMAC and AHPRA are completely separate, AHPRA is not linked to the visa so you can start your AHPRA application now if you have all the documents (no IELTS required for AHPRA if you are from the UK).

AHPRA took 2 months from posting to approval, however we are putting me as the main visa applicant so I can't help with ANMAC timings but I believe they are similar.

ANMAC and AHPRA are completely separate, AHPRA is not linked to the visa so you can start your AHPRA application now if you have all the documents (no IELTS required for AHPRA if you are from the UK).

AHPRA took 2 months from posting to approval, however we are putting me as the main visa applicant so I can't help with ANMAC timings but I believe they are similar.

Thanks mgreaves. I'm submitting everything as and when our migration agent requests it...I'll drop him an email and check if I can do the AHPRA stuff now rather than waiting.

Does this mean occupations on this list will be removed? Or will they have a limit on them?

Thanks in advance.

There's a limit on all occupations.

It means that they may be removed. There is usually an opportunity for submissions from businesses, professional bodies and the general public to give reasons why occupations should be removed, or not removed as the case may be.

There's a limit on all occupations.

It means that they may be removed. There is usually an opportunity for submissions from businesses, professional bodies and the general public to give reasons why occupations should be removed, or not removed as the case may be.

Ok thanks, best get our skates on hubby is a chef.

If you are in Australia on a 457 visa and your occupation is removed does that mean your employer couldn't sponsor you for pr?

Ok thanks, best get our skates on hubby is a chef.

If you are in Australia on a 457 visa and your occupation is removed does that mean your employer couldn't sponsor you for pr?

No, they can still sponsor a 186 or 187. However, not every company can sponsor - there is a thread at the moment showing difficulty in this. Also, companies can chose not to and some change policy. My last company regularly sponsored 457 and pr. However, they changed policy and it resulted in a 457 having to leave Oz. If the occupation is removed you can not later apply for skilled migration independently

What if you're invited to apply but the visa isn't processed before the new SOL list is published in July? Will it invalidate the visa or will they continue to process the applications received as normal?

Just wondering on the implications of my occupation being removed as I've not sent off my skills assessment yet and there's no accelerated assessment option for AITSL.

Thanks

What if you're invited to apply but the visa isn't processed before the new SOL list is published in July? Will it invalidate the visa or will they continue to process the applications received as normal?

Just wondering on the implications of my occupation being removed as I've not sent off my skills assessment yet and there's no accelerated assessment option for AITSL.

Thanks

I've heard from a reputable migration agent that as long as there is a visa application in progress then it will continue to be processed as normal.

If you're invited, but haven't applied by the time the occupation is removed, the visa will not be processed.

I'm a Secondary Computing teacher from UK. I'm also qualified as a SEN coordinator. I've taught SEN also but I wasn't sure if the PGCE SENCo would count towards a positive Sen teacher assessment.

Don't know much about the teacher skills assessments unfortunately. Only the secondary school teacher is flagged, special educational needs teacher is not.

Could be a good fall back plan.

How long have AITSL predicted the skills assessment will take?

Edited by CaptainC
Fixing my grammar (before the red pen comes out)

10 weeks from receipt some people have reported 7 weeks total, some nearer 20 weeks. I think that I'll get he assessment sent to my family in Aus initially so I don't have the additional 3 weeks postage. I can have the certificate scanned in so I can update the EOI and then have it forwarded to me so I have the original just in case.

Don't worry about the red pen!

10 weeks from receipt some people have reported 7 weeks total, some nearer 20 weeks. I think that I'll get he assessment sent to my family in Aus initially so I don't have the additional 3 weeks postage. I can have the certificate scanned in so I can update the EOI and then have it forwarded to me so I have the original just in case.

Yes, that sounds like a good plan.

Are you sure it's three weeks postage though? My original took a few days after a copy of the letter was emailed to me, albeit a different assessing authority.

Hi! I've just had an odd email from The Emigration Group (attached at the bottom of this). I signed up to their email list ages ago but have since instructed Go Matilda and started our visa application process. I suspect it's a marketing ploy and I've Googled and can't see anything to back up what they're saying, but they've given me a bit of a scare and I wondered what you guys think. Any advice? Thanks! Lou.x (I'm a mental health nurse by the way!)

"We are writing to advise that the Australian Department of Immigration is reviewing selected occupations on the “Skilled Occupations List” (SOL) to determine if they should be removed from the list in July 2016.

Your “Nominated Occupation” is one which is under review and if it is removed from the “SOL” it could affect your eligibility or visa options.

We wanted to bring this to your attention now, as there is still time to make an application."

BushPiglet - It is normal at this time of year for the Australian government (now under DIBP) to begin their consultation process regarding occupations. This lasts a few months and the new list then gets updated in the following July.

Sounds like a marketing ploy, but you should know you can never guarantee your occupation won't be removed on numbers of applicants reduced in the following year....