Packing up your stuff

Metoo

This is what your lounge looks like when your stuff gets packed up ready for the move.

I guess that's what my lounge will look like when it all arrives too lol.

Ours has left Singapore and is now headed for Hong Kong apparently before it comes to Australia.

We can't wait to see it all again

Metoo

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Metoo

Mine didn't look like that. I am pretty sure they packed a box and took it out to the container.

It is nice to be reunited with stuff, I have done it four times now!

It took them 4 days to pack ours as we had so much stuff. They had to force the door shut on a 40ft high top. The container was already half full when that picture was taken. Even our garage was full of boxes lol. Even then we had to leave some stuff behind. The guys lived with us for 3 nights/4 days. They were marvellous.

Edited by Metoo

It took them 4 days to pack ours as we had so much stuff. They had to force the door shut on a 40ft high top. The container was already half full when that picture was taken. Even our garage was full of boxes lol. Even then we had to leave some stuff behind. The guys lived with us for 3 nights/4 days. They were marvellous.

Blimey! We had a forty foot too, but it was still loaded in a day. They might have been nice guys, but I have to question their efficiency...

• Like 1

I was glad to do a clear out. Got all we wanted in a move cube .

but when it arrived it wasn't much use.

3 years in what do we still have from that original move .....photos.

Ohh and a garden set from B&M.

the photos are in the loft, we bought a new garden set, but just hanging onto the original garden set because it will be useful to someone one day.....maybe:err:

So so glad I Didnt bring much, if we ever move again it will be suitcases and nothing more.

lesson learnt.

after finally moving into permanent accommodation just over a week ago, I can truly say I wish I hadn't packed anything! So much stuff - and I don't think we are a couple with that many possessions... It's the duplicates that get me; thermo flask, oh, thermos for food, ah, thermo/insulated coffee mug... Nice pair of nearly new trainers. Another pair, oh look, that other pair that are a really fun colour but I never wear them because they are too bright...

Seemed to make sense at the time but now - oh my god! I'l be quite happy to leave it all in boxes and ignore it. Luckily a lot can be slung onto a bookcase, when we get to that point.

But I'm sure I'll get over it in a few weeks of slowly unpacking, punctuated by some cold beers :cool:

Edited by vickyplum

Blimey! We had a forty foot too, but it was still loaded in a day. They might have been nice guys, but I have to question their efficiency...

I'd question their efficiency too! We've shipped 6 different 40ft containers over the years (5 different countries), stuff all packed up one day and then they've loaded the container the next day.