Visa Validation - First Entry

Raymund

I'm not sure if anyone had started a post about Visa Validation at First Entry.

As stated on our my Visa grant, MUST MAKE FIRST ENTRY TO AUSTRALIA BEFORE : 07 OCT 2015.

We made our first entry last MAY 2015 for about 10 days and return to my originating country until now. (overseas)

Trying to settle my work contract, properties and personal stuff before moving permanently to Australia this coming 1st quarter of 2016. (plan move date)

I would like to know HOW CAN I MAKE SURE THAT OUR VISA IS ACTIVATED THROUGH OUR FIRST ENTRY?

I checked the VEVO system expecting any changes to our information but unfortunately I couldn't remember what it was before our first entry.

Our information looks like this:

Family name XXX

Given name(s) XXX

Visa description RESIDENT

Passport / ImmiCard number XXX

Visa class / subclass SI / 189

Visa applicant Primary

Visa grant date XX November 20xx

Visa expiry date XX November 20xx

Location Offshore

Visa status In Effect

Entries allowed Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa

Must not arrive after 25 November 20xx

Enter before date 07 October 2015

Period of stay Indefinite

Visa type Permanent resident

I'm expecting a much specific information like: Landed May 2015 or something like that. I'm bit concern about the ENTER BEFORE DATE 07 OCT 2015.

I don't want to loose the opportunity just because of incorrect understanding of those dates/information.

Thanks

Raymund

Hi Raymund

I don't think VEVO will show your history of entries into and departure from Australia. VEVO will generally show your visa details including visa conditions.

If you have entered Australia personally using your 189 visa before the initial entry date (7/10/2015) then your 189 visa will be valid until the "must not arrive after" date.

Regards

Peter

Hi Raymund,

If you checked the location while you were in australia on VEVO, you would see "onshore" rather than "offshore". That is mean you made a successful entry and your visa is activated.

Anyway, you can contact the border security and ask for your travel records across australia. I guess they would help you.

If you got this record and found your trips. That's mean you made your first entry and no need to worry.

Good Luck,

Hisham

I'm not sure if anyone had started a post about Visa Validation at First Entry.

As stated on our my Visa grant, MUST MAKE FIRST ENTRY TO AUSTRALIA BEFORE : 07 OCT 2015.

We made our first entry last MAY 2015 for about 10 days and return to my originating country until now. (overseas)

Trying to settle my work contract, properties and personal stuff before moving permanently to Australia this coming 1st quarter of 2016. (plan move date)

I would like to know HOW CAN I MAKE SURE THAT OUR VISA IS ACTIVATED THROUGH OUR FIRST ENTRY?

I checked the VEVO system expecting any changes to our information but unfortunately I couldn't remember what it was before our first entry.

Our information looks like this:

Family name XXX

Given name(s) XXX

Visa description RESIDENT

Passport / ImmiCard number XXX

Visa class / subclass SI / 189

Visa applicant Primary

Visa grant date XX November 20xx

Visa expiry date XX November 20xx

Location Offshore

Visa status In Effect

Entries allowed Multiple entries to and from Australia during the validity of your visa

Must not arrive after 25 November 20xx

Enter before date 07 October 2015

Period of stay Indefinite

Visa type Permanent resident

I'm expecting a much specific information like: Landed May 2015 or something like that. I'm bit concern about the ENTER BEFORE DATE 07 OCT 2015.

I don't want to loose the opportunity just because of incorrect understanding of those dates/information.

Thanks

Raymund

When you entered Australia your passport was scanned. Thats the record of your first entry. Its on file. Same for everyone else :)

You've got:

Location Offshore (ie, not in Australia)

Visa status In Effect (ie, you've activated it).

that's all you need. The 'enter before' date is a condition of the visa so that part will stay on the VEVO record.

EDIT: just looked at my VEVO record and the enter before date is still there, and I live here now!

Edited by vickyplum

Hi Raymund,

If you checked the location while you were in australia on VEVO, you would see "onshore" rather than "offshore". That is mean you made a successful entry and your visa is activated.

Anyway, you can contact the border security and ask for your travel records across australia. I guess they would help you.

If you got this record and found your trips. That's mean you made your first entry and no need to worry.

Good Luck,

Hisham

It is not necessary to check VEVO or contact immigration to know whether the visa was activated. Most people will know whether they set foot in Australia or not without a system telling them and without accessing travel records.

Bungo does have a good point :)

Also, surely you got your passport stamped upon entry to Aus?

Mine was and has been every time I've entered and departed Aus. If it wasn't I'd be asking them to stamp it.

Bungo does have a good point :)

Also, surely you got your passport stamped upon entry to Aus?

Mine was and has been every time I've entered and departed Aus. If it wasn't I'd be asking them to stamp it.

Passports are now often not stamped - UK passport holders and some others can enter through SmartGate at many airports

which means its all electronic and no stamping. However the passports are scanned and entered into the DIBP system. Australia loves to record movements of people so every entry and exit, wheteher validation or not, certainly goes on file!

• 5 months later...

Hi all

I need a clarification..

I and my wife have visa grant (189 and I am the main applicant). We need to make our first entry before Oct 2016... just wanted to confirm if both I and My wife need to make the entry together or she can arrive first for a week and I can join later...both have separaye visa grant numbers and no specific conditions...

Appreciate if you could thru some light on this...

I had the same concern as the original poster, but I'm not worried for 2 reasons. Firstly, our passports were stamped on entry. Had that not been done I would have asked for it, but they did it without asking.

Secondly, while I was in Australia the status changed to ONSHORE from OFFSHORE.