To declare or not to declare......

millers

Hi peeps

Just after some advice....I got some new Ikea furniture that is going to be shipped to Australia amongst other stuff that's old from the UK and im not sure if I should declare it as new or should I risk it???? what exactly are the costs if I do declare it ??? thanks:arghh:

We shipped one thing 'as new' still boxed. A set of shelves. I had no proof of date of purchase but it had been longer than a year. But looked as new IYKWIM. I didn't worry about declaring. Was fine.

If I had been shipping more new flat pack stuff I'd probably have unpacked it, repacked it or shipped it unpacked but neatly stacked.

How much do you have exactly? if its like an entire house worth then you may have gone a bit overboard but if its one or two items I'd really not worry about it.

ETA - They do have Ikea in Australia. If you happen to be moving to one of the cities with one in or near a city you could have shopped there once in Aus.

Edited by Guest

If I had been shipping more new flat pack stuff I'd probably have unpacked it, repacked it or shipped it unpacked but neatly stacked.

How much do you have exactly? if its like an entire house worth then you may have gone a bit overboard but if its one or two items I'd really not worry about it.

ETA - They do have Ikea in Australia. If you happen to be moving to one of the cities with one in or near a city you could have shopped there once in Aus.

I live in regional Queensland ( 8 hours drive from the nearest Ikea) and have no plans to go.....we have shipped 2 chairs and 3 small coffee tables