Singapore Stopover Holiday - reviews

JEM44

Hi, I am just looking at the Singapore Stopover Holiday option when we emigrate. This is with Singapore Airlines.

has anyone done this or do you know anyone that has and does it actually work out as worth while? If so, do you have any recommendations of where to stay etc? I feel certain there has to be a catch!!!

We are a family of four, with 2 teenage kids so not sure where would be best to stay, city or one in Sentosa (which I assume is an island maybe?)

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Laura

I have been to Singapore several times- it is a good safe place for a stop over. You can wander around all day and night alone if you want with no danger of being robbed or assaulted- can't say that of many places these days. Plenty of things to see and do but not supercheap anymore.

It is a very popular stopover destination. It is probably "easier" and less overwhelming than some Asian cities.

Still I am at a loss to see the attraction, I found it one of the dullest places I have ever been to! It is a long time since I went though, maybe 15 years, perhaps there is more to do now.

Plenty to do we were there for 10 days and didn't have time to do everything we wanted to. We didn't even go shopping in the malls! Personally I wouldn't stay on Sentosa Island too Disney for me. Stayed near China Town when we went. The transport system is efficient and cheap, just get travel cards to swipe on and off so anywhere close to a station is good just check the lines.

Archived