Posative Posts Only Please

Bod

Guest Andrew&Karen

So in the real world what would you do if.... A few doors down the street where you had saved up and bought your own house, a house went up for rent and was rented by a group of Polish men, 15 in fact with matressess on the floors and were undercutting the local builders of which is my brother one of them. He is going to the lowest price in order to keep a roof over his family's head but as their are 15 of them in the house opposite sleeping on the floor just because they can send money over to Poland, they can undercut him which is stopping him making a living for his family. He is trying to make his way in the UK which is his home in an honest living but everywhere he is turning there are eastern european's sleeping in make shift houses in order to under cut the locals.

Sorry if this offends anyone but this is really happening in the UK. My brother has had to sell his house as he cannot afford to keep it even though the 15 polish are living opposite are quids in. By the way my brother is no way work shy he is a bloody macine and would do any work for his family.

Karen

Guest Andrew&Karen

So in the real world what would you do if.... A few doors down the street where you had saved up and bought your own house, a house went up for rent and was rented by a group of Polish men, 15 in fact with matressess on the floors and were undercutting the local builders of which is my brother one of them. He is going to the lowest price in order to keep a roof over his family's head but as their are 15 of them in the house opposite sleeping on the floor just because they can send money over to Poland, they can undercut him which is stopping him making a living for his family. He is trying to make his way in the UK which is his home in an honest living but everywhere he is turning there are eastern european's sleeping in make shift houses in order to under cut the locals.

Sorry if this offends anyone but this is really happening in the UK. My brother has had to sell his house as he cannot afford to keep it even though the 15 polish are living opposite are quids in. By the way my brother is no way work shy he is a bloody machine and would do any work for his family.

Karen

Guest Edinburger

Sorry if this offends anyone but this is really happening in the UK. My brother has had to sell his house as he cannot afford to keep it even though the 15 polish are living opposite are quids in. By the way my brother is no way work shy he is a bloody machine and would do any work for his family.

Karen

For a start I’d probably inform the local council housing department that 15 people were illegally sharing a house on my street.

This thread seems to have come along way form it's origional intent which is entitled posative posts and was started by John about his return to the UK. As Kdal suggested, if you wish to start another thread about different topic please do so.

Ali

Guest Edinburger

Well, to be fair, John shouldn't really have included derogatory sweeping statements about an entire culture in his original post if he didn't want a response. Had he said 'All the black people appear to be going home', or 'all the Jews appear to be returning home' as a 'positive' then nobody would question the direction this thread has taken.

Not trying to cause problems but I'm afraid I won't ever stay quiet when I see ignorant thinly veiled racism. If that requires moderation then so be it.

Guest Bella30
Yet another sweeping untrue statement that makes my blood boil.

I worked as a Bank manager before I moved from the UK and was fortunate enough to meet/advise a hugh amount of eastern europeans.Everyone who opened an account had a regular wage paid through it ...not DSS payments ...salaries. All of them where living in private rented property paying full rent and getting no help from the government.I had Business clients who travel to eastern europe because they could not get british people to fill the vacant positions.

"Taking jobs from hardworking British" .... I wonder how you will feel if the Australian people see you in this light...and before you start spouting off about you paying to get here...do you really think the aussies care about this???

Seems to me that immigrants moving to the Uk cant win...if they work they are "taking jobs fronm hard working british" ..if they dont they are taking taxpayers money .

What really amazes me is this is from people who want to move to Australia ...taking jobs and claiming allowances from centre link...can no one see the irony in this !!!!

How true you are spot on!!!

Guest fatpom
Well, to be fair, John shouldn't really have included derogatory sweeping statements about an entire culture in his original post if he didn't want a response. Had he said 'All the black people appear to be going home', or 'all the Jews appear to be returning home' as a 'positive' then nobody would question the direction this thread has taken.

Not trying to cause problems but I'm afraid I won't ever stay quiet when I see ignorant thinly veiled racism. If that requires moderation then so be it.

I couldn't agree more Edinburger :smile:

If the moderators permit racist comments presumably (hopefully?) under the principal of free speech then they shouldn't really take issue with others objecting or exposing the racist comments which sometimes appear.

My personal view is that suppressing racism is pointless. Its better to highlight it for what it is - however unwelcome that may be for some people.

I am sure that there are some posts that have vanished from this thread!

Sorry to John if he is offended, but I do agree with Edinburgher that if he makes statements like he did then they are there to be agreed or disagreed with. Which going back to my first post here is simply all I did.

I stand by my comments as in my opinion they are not racist. This word is banded about ridiculously now if anyone so much as mentions a different nationality. My comments and thoughts and feelings are simply learnt from observation and a great deal of contact with eastern europeans both in work and play. Like I said before, I clearly live in a different part of the country to you others.

I do blame the Brits to a degree for so many of europeans coming here. But if we start discussing this topic we move on to the terrible wrongs of the government.

Karen's post is a common occurrence and most people I have encountered tell a similar story only too often. Of course effort on both parts is required for these people to feel welcome but I'm sorry I see very little effort being made on the part of the eastern europeans. They are welcome here away from the hell holes that they come from but I do believe that many are not even attempting to fit in with the British ways. Again the governments fault.

I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ALL EASTERN EUROPEANS. BUT A LARGE PERCENTAGE.

If John and any moderators would like me to move this post to a new thread then I will be happy to. Just say the word.

Guest barab
Try this example and see what you would do.

the Scots can all piss off

Woh woh woh my man,thanks for the blanket insult,keep it coming!

Guest barab

I agree with everything you have said Edinburger,

I hate racism and unfortunately i encounter it daily in my working environment both by the Aussies and the majority of English people.

It seem to be tolerated and even embraced in some instances.

Yet another reason for me to get out of this hole and back to Scotland,where i find people on the whole to be more tolerent of their neighbours.

i am from england living in scotland for 15 years now and hoping like many to get to oz, it astounds me the amount of racism still ongoing in a world that is so multiculturally diverse! in 15 yrs of being in scotland i can honestly say i have experienced racist remarks probably a handful of times and most of them were football orientated. in todays society i kind of feel who are we to determine who can live where and share the wealth of the country they choose? are we not all as human beings entitled to live the best lives we can where ever that maybe? welcome john anyhow!:smile:

Guest barab
i am from england living in scotland for 15 years now and hoping like many to get to oz, it astounds me the amount of racism still ongoing in a world that is so multiculturally diverse! in 15 yrs of being in scotland i can honestly say i have experienced racist remarks probably a handful of times and most of them were football orientated. in todays society i kind of feel who are we to determine who can live where and share the wealth of the country they choose? are we not all as human beings entitled to live the best lives we can where ever that maybe? welcome john anyhow!:smile:

Well said!!

Archived